Checking in daily to maintain focus #41

1st day…again. Hope I can get through this

19 Likes

I’m glad you’re here :heart:

2 Likes

Checking in on day 308. I just stumbled on my partner’s stash of little wines hidden from me in the basement. I wasn’t aware that they were in the house, and I am having some really difficult feelings about it. I am still processing it I guess. Not even sure what I am feeling about it. I mean, she has every right to enjoy things that I am not able to, so why is it so jarring to me? I’m not angry or anything. Just a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Blah, it’s been a hell of a week. Kinda glad it’s over. I have a headache and I am going to bed early. Sober on, friends.

22 Likes

13 Likes

Yay!!! Way to to :partying_face::star_struck: Incredible work!

3 Likes

Welcome Damage. We’re glad you here. You picked a great thread for your first post. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.

Advice for new comers and constant relapsers

Congratulations on day 1. It’s a great day to be sober.
ODAAT.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

2 Likes

Really bored tonight! Kind of driving me crazy lol. No kids or anything in the house so it’s super quiet. Not worried about drinking or anything though so that’s good! Hope everyone has had a great day!

2 Likes

Quick Check in

Day 181

Didn’t get a chance to read everyone’s post, but I’ll check em out later. My bad. I think got the flu. These chills are effin with me.

Popped a couple of Tylenols. Think I’m good.

Take it easy, fam.

17 Likes

Welcome! It’s great to have u here!!!

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon!!!

1 Like

Day 625
I’m going to quit my job. I don’t yet know when, and I don’t know what I will pursue next, but I’m starting to take the steps in that direction. Staying for much longer feels like I will lose too much of myself - feels like I’m barely hanging on as it is.

21 Likes

Just hit 2 weeks…F-ya!!!

13 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Check in
Day 60
Overall decent day! Was worried about using and predicting hubby asking me about it, but he never did. Grateful honestly that he isn’t an addict like myself, and grateful that he respects my decision to not use and never ever pushes it on me. The odd time when he does ask, and I say no, he is fine with that answer and doesn’t pout about it. Instead we had cake and he did his tattoo and a tattoo on my sternum :slight_smile: Relaxed watching TV and now I’m doing some self care, heading to bed, and resting up for work tmrw. Been a good day! Grateful for my HP and for my recovery and for you all!

18 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman congrats on 60 days! Good job! That’s a dope set up for your hubby. I’m sure he loved it. That was very nice of you.

@Miranda ty. I think I am good. I took a couple of pills. I hope you’re doing okay too with your sobriety. It gets easier after time, you just gotta push yourself. My wifey has a fridge full of Trulys, and my nephew forgot 5 IPA tall cans. I haven’t touched any. I still get cravings, but it’s rare.

@anon53116147 hope your daughters feel better soon. Stay strong, bro. Glad you’re back.

@Seb congrats on 100 days. Keep it going.

@Rockstar24777 Sup neighbor. We love u too. Bro.

@FAE1 that’s right. We are all here for a reason. We only live once. Life is too short for BS. Every day is a second chance.

@Complicatedmama that hit me too. I don’t do too many hugs, but I try fist bumps.

@Hotic congrats on 1200

5 Likes

Good Morning, Evening and everything in between,

Just checking in on day 47 and to telling that it is good feeling to get up without a hangover.

I wish everyone a nice beginning respectively ending Saturday!

14 Likes

No coffee yet! Will right that wrong soon. Prague is beautiful. Moving up country in a bit. Sober and clean.
Have a good Easter Weekend all, or at least as good as you can. Love from Prague.

25 Likes

I just had the same experience. I opened the fridge to find a tall boy of my brand of beer. Why would my husband buy that? Then I realized that I don’t have to obsess about that I just have to not drink it. Stay strong. I’ll be over here not drinking mine if you need me.

4 Likes

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you! Look at that amazing blue line going straight UP :arrow_up:
I love it! Proud of you lady! :facepunch:

7 Likes

#Day 1305 :herb:
Downloaded the Dutch translation of the Recovery Dharma book. Found there is a Recovery Dharma community in the Netherlands as well. Curious about it so downloaded the free pdf file of the book.
I’m in a good mood today. I’m asked to temporary run the shop as a shop manager and I accepted. So more salary, more working houres and responsibility. It gives me a bit stress as well because immidiately my head is starting to give me the “but what if?”
To help me shut that anxious inner voice down I focus on today. Today I’m not at work, today I’m off from work, today I’m going for a long walk with hubby and my 2 eldest, today I’m going to enjoy the sun, nature and family :pray:
Gratefull for this new step in life. A new opportunity to grow! :seedling:

Picture from a “Dagpauwoog” butterfly I saw 2 days ago :butterfly:

25 Likes

Checking in at 132 Days Sober my cold is officially over it’s a trip while being sick I worked twice as hard and today (Friday) people have taking notice management, supervisors and workers all day getting mad compliments and that’s cool I’ve been at my new job since February 19th and being a sanitation/clean up worker is not easy but I dig it they always ask me if I want to work the weekend and I always say yes. Being sober/clean we are at our best right now we are capable of anything so let’s get it! I want to wish everyone a great weekend. Peace, Take Care and Stay Safe. One!

16 Likes