Checking in daily to maintain focus #41

@Fargesia it’s called an M.O.T here in the UK. Glad yours passed with only bulb replacements needed :raised_hands:t2:
@Sabrina80 belated congrats on 5 weeks :tada:
@anon53116147 sorry to read this, but glad to see you back at it and so pleased you’re reaching out for therapy :blue_heart: feel better soon :pray:t2: that potato salad looks :drooling_face:
@paper_boats belated congrats on 200 days :tada: sending strength :blue_heart:
@vaariesga belated congrats on 650 days :tada:
@Tors sorry to read you had a slip, hope you’re back at it :pray:t2:
@Dmcg1987 belated congrats on 200 days :tada:
@5th_dimension belated congrats on 500 days :tada:
@mcsm a belated welcome :blush: congrats on your exam results :clap:t2:
@Wakikki belated congrats on triple digits :100: :tada: sorry you’ve caught Covid, I hope you’re starting to feel better now :pray:t2::blue_heart:

13 Likes

@C_8 belated congrats on 900 days :tada:
@FAE1 a belated welcome and congrats on triple digits :100: :tada: sorry for the struggles you’ve endured :cry: the firsts are all so hard, sending strength :blue_heart:
@Eddieroots belated congrats on 40 days :tada:
@Mich80 belated congrats on 5 months and a sober concert :tada::tada: I hope you had a nice time away :blush:
@Complicatedmama it’s always lovely to see you checking in and to hear the children are all thriving, you’re amazing :clap:t2: I can relate to the losses never going away and the what ifs, sending you love and strength :blue_heart::pray:t2: I hope you and the children had a fun Easter :grinning: after further reading…I’m sorry about your fall and resulting injury, I hope you’ve got some support and have a smooth recovery :pray:t2: and I’m sorry your sister turned up and unsettled everything when you had nice plans :cry:
@Penguin it’s always good to see you checking in, I’m glad life is going well for you and that you’re enjoying work :blush: congrats on your year :tada::star2::trophy:
@jjcarson belated congrats on 27 months :tada: I hope your new job is going well and that your knee is healing :pray:t2: after further reading…sorry you feel the need to leave, be well :pray:t2:
@Mno I hope you’re enjoying your well deserved time off and holiday :blush: I love the photo of your ‘dramatic dawn’ :heart_eyes: also pleased you feel the interview went well :pray:t2: :crossed_fingers:t2: :four_leaf_clover: after further reading…congrats on getting the new job! :tada: you will be truly amazing, you really deserve this :clap:t2: also, thanks for the shout-out :blue_heart:
@David1 belated congrats on triple digits :100: :tada:
@JennyH sorry to read you had a slip, congrats on getting back at it right away and double digits :tada: after further reading…sorry you caught Covid, I hope you feel better very soon :pray:t2: I love the photos from your walk :heart_eyes: and thank you for the welcome back :blush:

14 Likes

Thank you, you are so kind to tag everyone. You bring so much to this group :blush:

6 Likes

@Seb sending love and strength, it really hurts to lose a furry best friend and the anniversaries really suck too 🫂 :blue_heart: congrats on triple digits :100: :tada:
@Lotusflower sorry to read your family was hit with Covid, I’m glad you’re all feeling mostly better :pray:t2: happy birthday to your daughter :birthday::balloon::gift::partying_face:
@Singtone good to see you checking back in with your sobriety in tact, congrats :tada: I’m pleased you and your family have recovered from Covid, sorry you all caught it. I hope the football game went well :blush: Also, I love the computer game analogy :ok_hand:t2:
@Nordique belated congrats on your devilish number :smiling_imp: :tada: after further reading…22 months too :tada:
@Tragicfarinelli a belated welcome back, glad you had a nice sober break :blush:
@LaDyLooNtje belated congrats on all the 2s :tada: and also for your son’s visit, which I hope went well :pray:t2:
@Jmillwill I’m so glad you, your family, and your animals were safe from the wildfire :raised_hands:t2:
@SoberWalker belated congrats on 1300+ days :tada:
@Bomdhil belated congrats on your week :tada:
@DeadMist congrats on setting boundaries and letting people go :tada:

21 Likes

Day 210 checking in I remember my relapse when I had over 880 days I will get there again odaat I’ve learned a few things from my relapse we win or we learn we never lose :pray:t2:

17 Likes

@moonchild7994 congrats on things getting better and all of your progress :clap:t2: :tada:
@Planipennia a belated welcome :blush: congrats on 51 days :tada: nice photo :heart_eyes:
@Dan531 belated congrats on 900 days :tada:
@Miranda belated congrats on 2 weeks :tada: sorry you’re feeling depressed, sending strength :blue_heart:
@Hazy belated congrats on triple digits :100: :tada: …after further reading, sorry to read about your relapse, glad you’re back, always keep trying :pray:t2: sending strength and hope :blue_heart: :pray:t2:
@SadMemeQueen I relate to your posts so much 🫂 sending strength and hope to you, and prayers for you Grandpa :blue_heart::pray:t2: well done for the eating without distractions :clap:t2:
@emi belated congrats on 30 days :tada:
@zzz belated congrats on your week :tada:
@Kelsey55 belated congrats on 20 months :tada:
@Matt sorry you’re feeling discouraged at work, I hope things change for the better soon :pray:t2:

16 Likes

@shilohRica belated congrats on triple digits :100: :tada: meditation helps me when I feel how you described, sending strength :blue_heart:
@Wunderbar I hope you enjoyed the concert and that you are having a nice holiday :blush:
@Hotic belated congrats on 1200 days :tada:
@Damage.Inc70 a belated welcome :blush: congrats on 2 days :tada:
@GOKU2019 congrats on 6 months :tada: I’m glad you’re starting to feel better and I hope you can get back outside soon :pray:t2:
@tribeSF belated congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@anon86198612 belated congrats on 90 days :tada:
@SelfLove_42 belated congrats on 150 days :tada: after further reading…5 months :tada:
@Deelzebub belated congrats on all the 4s :tada:
@Bones_80 a belated welcome :blush: congrats on your week :tada:

16 Likes

@Kalie6701 belated congrats on 80 days :tada:
@Tam a belated welcome :blush: congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@DTC52 congrats on playing the tape through and thinking of the consequences :clap:t2::tada:.and congrats on your week now too :tada:
@Fury congrats on your devilish number :smiling_imp: :tada:
@Kareness congrats on 1950 days :tada: sorry about your car, hope you get it back soon :pray:t2:
@EFountains sorry about the allergies, I suffer too, I hope you can find something that helps :pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t2: congrats on your week :tada:
@CloudzBeBlue welcome :blush: congrats on day one :tada:
@mamador I’m glad you’re feeling stronger this time round :blush: congrats on your new PB :tada:
@Stormy congrats on a sober night out :tada: I’m glad you felt comfortable and had a great time :blush:
@ChristinaV sorry to read of your relapse, glad you’ve got back up though :clap:t2: congrats on 2 days :tada:

21 Likes

Thanks @CATMANCAM for being such a kind person to reply to each person in a considered way. That’s so beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Wow that is great news… good luck Friday you can do it. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you get the job. Let us know

4 Likes

@Charlie_C what an awesome personalised gift :star_struck:
@DryIn785 sorry to hear this :cry: sending strength, stay with us, I’m glad there’s a little hope :pray:t2::blue_heart:
@Gmac126 sorry about the argument with your husband and your friend’s accident, glad she’s okay, I hope things with your husband will be too :pray:t2: sending strength :blue_heart: congrats on your month+ :tada:
@Shna welcome :blush: congrats on 3 days :tada: you’re already doing it, we do this one day, sometimes one hour, or minute at a time, stay busy, stay connected here, keep checking in, and try not to let yourself get too (H)ungry (A)ngry (L)onely or (T)ired -HALT​:pray:t2: I’m so glad that opening up has been met with support :blue_heart:
@PaigeTurner congrats on 5 months and all the service you are doing :tada::pray:t2:
@anon74766472 good luck with your interview :pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:

616 days no alcohol.
81 days no cocaine.
1 day no binge-eating.

It’s been a while. I was still 150 posts behind on the last thread when I started catching up, but I made it here now :raised_hands:t2:

I got totally caught up in being there for my friend who had recently got out of prison and lost his grandma, I supported him well enough that he made it to the funeral, but his drinking escalated straight after, and he went missing 2 days later, and told me he was smoking crack but was lying about his location and company. With the help of a mutual friend, I liased with the police and he was found safe, he’s now back in a different prison, I really am hoping he gets some support for his grief while he’s inside this time around, sadly it’s the safest place for him.

I got heavily addicted to 20mg nicotine disposable vapes, I think I already mentioned that before my absence, but I have managed to cut down to 12mg nicotine liquid in my regular vape, and have bought supplies to cut down every fortnight by half the strength, it is definitely something I want to stop, due to the nature of my using, it’s a very expensive habit, and I do feel calmer the less nicotine I have.

My eating disorder/junk food bingeing addiction escalated the worst it ever has, I’m sure this had to do with that it was the lead-up to my Mum’s death anniversary (17th), but I am now the heaviest I’ve ever been and completely immobile other than getting around this small flat. I am a prisoner of my fat due to the anxiety of not wanting to be seen like this, so I stopped attending meetings, also because of the toxic bs that was drilled into me by my ex-sponsorship line, about not being a ‘recovery thief’.

With the support of my doctor, due to the surgeons saying I needed to lose ‘as much weight as possible’ before my gallbladder removal surgery, but me gaining a stone and a half since then, I am once again attempting the meal replacement diet, this is day two, I am more motivated than ever and plan to do this for the rest of the year. Hunger is something I am just going to have to get used to, and I need to be very strong and maintain a high resistance to any cravings.

The shame of still feeling like I’m very much in active addiction did keep me away, but I’m planning to be more reliable with my presence here again now.

I hope you’re all okay :blush::blue_heart:

39 Likes

38 Likes

Checking in at 230 days.
Last night I found out that the family who came to eat Easter Monday, had left a bottle of wine and 5 beers. I knew they would have a drink with the food and I asked them to bring it themselves but also to take it home again. I don’t mind people around me drinking on a holiday if it’s not too much. I don’t like it when people drink in front of me when visiting on a regular basis. But don’t like having alcohol in the house either. Drink is not my main substance, but it has often ensured that during a period of being clean from drugs, a drink has a very low threshold for drugs and I relapsed. Boundaries then fade. But now I was sitting in my house with that booze. In the past I’ve never been able to throw drugs away when I quit, I had to finish it first. I couldn’t even throw the booze away. So I went to my neighbors who I know have a drink every now and then on the weekend and offered them a delicious bottle of wine and a few beers. I saw that they thought it was a nice gesture and just when they wanted to take it I said with my stupid face ‘I didn’t put anything in it haha’ then they thanked me kindly and said they had enough booze in stock. Oh well, I think that’s the case with my past, but someone who has nothing to do with drugs can’t appreciate such a joke. So with pain and effort I very quickly washed down all the booze and threw away the bottles. It’s not a drug, but I now see booze as a comparable substance and I threw it away…Yeahh!!

32 Likes

Ahhh what a great photo. Congratulations on your 51 days. The good thing is that you feel much fitter and more energetic. I am happy for you. I hope to see more wildlife photos from you when you go out for a walk.

3 Likes

Very nice words!
congratulations on your 154 days. I read you a lot of good
for others, what in time does a lot of good to your own recovery. Keep it up.

1 Like

Right on. I know that can be difficult! I was never a fan of tossing my stash either… my ex would flush it and then just go buy more so I just saw it as a waste… but there I go with my addict thinking.

So proud tho. Dumping alcohol is HUGE. And you’re right. People that don’t have our history don’t understand. I say things that get me looked out funny all the time. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Anyways. Major win for you! Way to go!

4 Likes

Ugh rough man. I had covid over Christmas. Quarantined with my 3 kids was definitely an adventure. But I got the flu a few weeks ago it felt quite similar. So maybe its not covid?

Hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

Day 467.

Man it’s been exhausting. Somehow my schedule got worked so that I was working 10 nights straight. And then the last 2 were doubles… Finally got a little sleep yesterday… Managed to get red velvet waffle mix all over me while making breakfast this morning :woman_facepalming::joy: I was even finding it in my hair. It was a mess of epic proportions.

All 3 of my girls are playing softball… definitely adds to the chaos but oh how I love watching them. I played my whole life so watching my girls learn is amazing. So thankful I’m sober and free of the control and abuse that was life with my ex… and able to enjoy these moments.

Gonna get some time off and enjoy life this weekend. So I’m super excited for that!

Hope everyone had a good Easter and had a great week.

23 Likes

Haha if I find my breakfast incredibly tasty, I always save pieces in my hair for later… very normal😂

Great, a few days off in the weekend. Enjoy it and do the things you like. Because of my work I always have to plan and if I have a day off or several days off, I always get the most out of it. Whether those are things where you relax or more active activities, what you need at that moment. Recovering also includes rewarding yourself for your good work and effort so that you actually get the feeling that you are being rewarded in some way. I do that on my days off. Enjoy, make it something beautiful!

4 Likes

Thanks, Cam. I’m really glad you’re back! We missed you! Sending you strength :hugs:

5 Likes