Checking in daily to maintain focus #41

Good morning friends, day 507! Scrambling around this morning. Carpet guys are coming today. Was supposed to be tomorrow :worried:. I think weā€™re ready.
Also the tile for the bathroom came in yesterday and was expected to be a couple more weeks. One more thing Iā€™ll be expected to jump right on. Thereā€™s always something. Happy to be sober through it.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

23 Likes

Checking in nearly 63 days sober / clean /obsessions, triggers, and compulsions a work in progress.

Working on Step 1 with my awesome sponsor.

Got my green keyring last night. Super happy.

ODAAT

Relapse is not an option. Addict for life.

29 Likes

Day 602

Took my son to meet his new homeroom teacher before the semester starts. He usually talks the hind leg off a donkey, but he hid behind me and barely talked. He had another meltdown this evening over something trivial, I am sure the core issue is stress about moving up to jhs. And my daughter got angry too, "why are you so nice to him just because he cries so much, it is so unfair, etc etc " I am grateful to be facing this sober.

23 Likes

Hey friends . Checking in at 2 years sober and one month and some daysā€¦ so unbelievably blessed!! I know I havenā€™t been on here in a while but I have been so busyā€¦ I got a part-time job and a boyfriend :blush::blush: I am super happy at the moment with how things are going in my life. Iā€™m working on trying to get my license reinstated but yeah my HP is working wonders in my life. I wasnā€™t going to meetings but I finally broke down yesterday and was like I need to get my ass to a meeting and I felt so at home when I was there like automatically all the negative thoughts I was facing and anxieties and what not just disappeared and I knew I was where I needed to be. I got my 2 year key tag in front of A LOT of people and I wasnā€™t even that nervous like I was able to do it!! I am so proud of myself for what I have accomplished ā€¦ I used to go up there in the past and always care about what people thought of me. Not last nightā€¦ so yeah but anyway WE DO RECOVER!

32 Likes

Coming up on 30 days and feel great. Today I start working out again to get ready for the OCR season. I have some PRā€™s to break.

Update on my son: heā€™s improving some but his therapist at the center is saying he needs atleast 60 more days. Our insurance changed on the 1st and the new insurance have the center as out of network so they have to work out a single case agreement. If they canā€™t he will be discharged and weā€™re back at square one.

18 Likes

I am a lot black and white as well. I think realising is already a great first step. Being aware, noticing. Only then we can change our behaviour and thinking. My universe is a lot more colorful now, more nuances. The impulse is there, yet but since I quit drinking it is getting better. Baby steps for me. Leaving the selfhpity, victim path and taking responsibility of my own life helped a lot with it as well.

I think you are doing great and congrats on your 50 days today.

6 Likes

Thank you!! I really appreciate your kind words! :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks!!! Iā€™m going to look into this!! I appreciate your help! :heart:

2 Likes

Day 23. That is a lot of days and I might reach 30 days.

Good day!

21 Likes

Kat here checking in on Day 244.

Had a good Healthcare Professionals meeting last night one of the other members gave me some hope that I might be able to get my licence back and a nursing job sooner than I thought. However all in Godā€™s good time for now it is enough to remain sober. (The rule is here to place restrictions on your licence for 5 years of sobriety). So four plus years to go!

Thatā€™s about it did miss the gym yesterday so definitely going today. Also business meeting at my NA homegroup tonight.

I love you all and hope you have a good sober Tuesday!

Kat

23 Likes

Day 662 clean and sober today. So Iā€™ve gone from nightmares to complete insomnia last night yuck! I hope everyone has a great day today, love you guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

26 Likes

Day 13
So close to two weeks! I canā€™t believe that much time has passed honestly. Iā€™m grateful to be sober and thankful for this community thread. Your stories help keep me going.
I do feel rather lonely and am grieving my last relationship. I will continue to trust God that one day, when I am ready and he has prepared me, a righteous and sober man will be placed in my path. There is a long journey before that day but I am hopeful and focused on today!emphasized text

25 Likes

@Miranda Thank you for mentioning that! It is true about rest days. I never used ro have any of those. And now that I think of it, that could be why I didnā€™t get the muscle gain that I was wanting lol I was toned but didnā€™t have that build that I was looking for. How are you? How was ur day yesterday?
@Rockstar24777 That really sucks Rob. Hope ur able to get some rest
@kat261 Thatā€™s an exciting possibility! I hope that it happens for u in ur future :slight_smile:
@anon74766472 thank you!! Yes it is 50 whole days! Omg. I am grateful and excited. I definitly need to learn to be gentle with myself and to have balance in life. Itā€™s always extremes with me. But ur right tho! Recovery does make it slightly easier to have some balance :slight_smile: hope ur doing well!
@moonchild7994 Hey lady!!! Congratulations on soooo many things! Ur 2 Years!! Ur new relationship!!! Your job!!! I loved reading ur post bcu it is another example of how wonderful recovery is. So glad u came on to TS to share ur excitement!!

5 Likes

Day 34 and feeling good in myself. I had been feeling pressured to respond to emails from an old friend who it going to lengths to tell me he has his life in order and is in a good place despite still drinking. I was worried that I was holding a grudge against him, but then I realised that I have every right to be wary of him due to the number of times heā€™s been abusive while drunk, and that I donā€™t need to respond if it makes me feel uncomfortable at the moment.
The way in which heā€™s emphasising the positive is reminding me of my parents attitude as I was growing up. Sadness was frowned upon and the emphasis was always on striving for happiness. There was a lot of denial of negative feelings, and everything was dealt with by having a drink and getting drunk.
Iā€™m in the position now where Iā€™m responsible for helping my two kids deal with their emotions in response to their dad passing away three years ago. Feeling sad is exactly the right thing sometimes, and rather than striving for happiness, I prefer to aim for contentment.

22 Likes

Checking in
Day50!
Morning TS fam! Day 50 is finally here! Wow!!! Kind of in shock honestly. 10 days until 2 months! Trying to not get ahead of myselfā€¦ but ya know :wink: Anyway, woke up at 515am. Went to the gym at 530-7am. Got my butt out of bed to hit the weights and do some cardio. Feeling good! Sore and abit tired but good. For the next 24 hours ahead, I will be cleaning, running a small errand, going to an afternoon appt, working on a dreamcatcher, and of course staying clean. Hope everyone has an addiction free day! Hugs!!!
:seedling::blossom:

28 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman congrats on Day 50 and getting up early to hit the gym! You are doing so well, I hope you are finding sobriety easier as time goes on.

2 Likes

There she is!
Good morning Dana, and congratulations on your 50 days.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

It is! Some days are really hard but they are getting fewer and far between. Itā€™s really good motivation for me to keep staying clean bcuz I donā€™t want to have to go thru the physical withdrawls again and the strong urge of addiction pulling me back. I hate the early days of recovery :frowning: cuz itā€™s hard! It is easier now but I keep on my toes due to how sneaky addiction is. Iā€™m really impressed with u also! Just how determined u are and how dedicated u are to ur recovery! Itā€™s inspiring Kat hugs

5 Likes

Iā€™m back on the band wagon. Itā€™s been a couple years. Had a baby. Had no issues through pregnancy and then bam. Right back into it. Heaviest weight Iā€™ve ever been in. Tired of feeling this way and killing myself with booze. Going to just do my best to keep my focus on my kiddo and getting healthy again. Day 1.

22 Likes

I hear you 100% this is also me and of course it has a lot to do with my eating disorder and earning my calories.

I have done these two things that did help me years agoā€¦

• Only doing classes (a spin class, a power class)
  • Going before work so that I HAD to leave.

And now I have been very aware of my mindset while I have restarted yoga. Meditating before hand and setting an intention " I am excersising to strengthen my body, mind and spirit not abuse it." And really visualizing my breath as it courses through my body while I do whatever activity, has been a game changer.

I canā€™t find the grey, I need to create it, my own version of middle ground.

OMG 50 FOOOOOKING DAYS CLEAN
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

9 Likes