Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Oh that is good news, glad you are feeling better. It sounds like you have been so busy your body has forced a rest. Convinced that is what has happened to my daughter. We are now shopping for football boots online. She is having a great day :rofl:

2 Likes

haha sounds good. Does she want football boots from a certain brand or does the brand not matter that much? They can be very expensive but also very beautiful!

Youā€™re right, I looked at my schedule and saw that I worked full days in a row for almost 2 weeks. And before that I also worked a lot. Maybe it really was my body saying and now itā€™s enough, stop. Iā€™m really taking my rest now to relax and recover. Iā€™ll take it a little easier from now on.

2 Likes

27 today at the top of the day. Good stuff from me ha. Letā€™s go team.

17 Likes

Good plan, build in rest.

She loves to look and has chosen some very ā€˜prettyā€™ boots.

@Tragicfarinelli good to see us both building those days up. I am day 28 and always think of you as my sober twin (if I was before midnight and you after) :grin:

4 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she will be very much missed and made a big impact on this world. I hope you have a peaceful time off :blue_heart:

2 Likes

So sorry for the loss of your friend, Charlie. Sounds like she and her family were lucky to have those last years of her with them. Hope you enjoy your vacation!

1 Like

Day 24 :muscle: crap weather Netflix day :yum:

17 Likes

Hahaha thatā€™s a really good inspiration to have a sober twin!!

1 Like

Back to day 1. Admitting powerlessness

11 Likes

Day 170

Just checking in. Have a great day everyone!

21 Likes

Good morning all. Itā€™s a beautiful sunny day to be clean and sober for the 18th day for me. I have the day off today. Woo hoo.
Iā€™m planning on relocating to a different city by July yet having a difficult time finding a place. Due to the difficulty, emotionally I have been in a funk which brings on thoughts of using and using behavior. I prayed, journaled, talked, and now unleashed to you all. I have yet to talk to my sponsors and will later today. I welcome any experience, strength, and, hope,
Have a great day all.

19 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 691. I hope everybody has a good one!

20 Likes

Day 693 clean and sober today. Heard back from the new job and their policy states that I have to be off probation for a year to be hired so they rescinded the offer. One of my friends said ā€œthings happen for a reasonā€. Yeah I did something stupid and the consequences of that are that I canā€™t get a decent job as a result. I donā€™t believe in the ā€œit wasnā€™t meant to beā€ theory, it just is what it is. Been working a lot on not using mindsets like that because for myself, thatā€™s just a coping mechanism to deal with things that donā€™t work out the way I wouldā€™ve liked. Iā€™d rather live in the truth, I fucked up and thatā€™s part of the consequence. Anyway, Iā€™m ok. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

24 Likes

Day 52

I think I just slept for like, 20 hours lol! I slept all of the night before last, all of yesterday (minus 4 hours I played Skyrim before falling asleep again) and then slept all night. I woke up at 6:20am and feel alright today! I think I really needed to rest after stressing so hard about where to live. šŸ„² The landlord gave us two final months to find a new place, so we are getting on waiting lists here and there. Iā€™m really excited, Iā€™ve always been a fan of dolls and figure collecting, and the day before yesterday I went to the thrift store searching for a good find. I found a bag of 24 Monster High dolls for only $10!! And 16 of them have intact bodies and parts, which means I have lots of dolls for spares and extra heads now :sparkling_heart: My doll closet is full too with the extra clothes! Sooo happy, I found them on my day 50 and felt like the universe totally rewarded me! :yum: hope everyone had a good sleep like mine haha!

17 Likes

It took me a long time to understand step one. Back and forth, I couldnā€™t get a grasp on it. I really hope you can find your understanding soon. :pray:

3 Likes

I respect your perspective a lot, Rob, and I agree completely. Iā€™d rather live in my truth than try to glaze over it. Iā€™ve been trying to be more honest with myself, stop some lifelong avoidance tendencies, and reading your post was a reminder of the importance of that. Thanks for sharing, bud!

3 Likes

Awwww thanks Rosa I appreciate that very much! Cheers (coffee) to uncomfortable self honesty my friend!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Checking in. I met with my financial advisor yesterday and am on track for my goals, a total gift of sobriety! I am so relieved I donā€™t have to explain a high grocery expense because of alcohol! Now it is normal for a family of 3. I have to work until I am 69 but Iā€™m okay with that. Have a good day everyone.

17 Likes

Good afternoon everyone. Checking in day 259 AF. Another beautiful day! Hope everyone stays safe and take care!

16 Likes

Day 202
Day 6.5 no caffeine

Got a couple of hours of overtime this morning. 4 people called out sick. Them Cinco de Drincos :laughing::rofl:. Ha! Nah, who knows. Anyways, blessed for another sober day. Have a great day everyone! Stay strong and take care!

20 Likes