Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

It’s by a Dutch guy who was abused himself as a kid and became a counsellor.

6 Likes

A huge well done from me to you. 100 days free is fantastic :sparkling_heart:

Thanks, I’ll order it when back home :+1:

1 Like

Goodmorning, nice number. Congrats. Keep it up!

1 Like

Amazing ! Well done :clap:

That sounds so beautiful.
Unbelievable huh. We should have done this much sooner😅

1 Like

Is that the same book you got after your therapy Menno?
It’s great that you get so much out of it. I don’t think the schema therapy is a disappointment. It’s like you said, you’ve been given a lot of tools for life. Now that the therapies are over, you can use them. I’m sure it will be fine and you can do it🙏

1 Like

Not sure people ever get ‘fixed’, and I know u know that too. Especially with what u have been through, doing the best with what u have is all u can do. But with the work u are doing, u have a lot more, and ur best is pretty damn good :purple_heart:.

3 Likes

Checking in at day 249.
I only have a cold other than that I’m fine.
I really do feel better. Fortunately, because instead of tomorrow we celebrate Mother’s Day today. My mother doesn’t have much space at home, so I made an appointment with my sisters and my mother at one of my sisters’ house. She likes incense so I have that for her and this plant

16 Likes

It’s the same book Ilona. I like the tips that come with your mothers day’s gift. Just like us it likes attention but is not fit for human consumption :sunglasses: . Glad you’re feeling better, enjoy your mothers day.

3 Likes

Checking In at day 7. It was duck shooting opening in NZ. So much better organized with a clear head. Didn’t do anything for my shooting but proud to be shooting safely and driving safely too. Thanks ST.

15 Likes

Thanks the Jumbo has very nice plants especially for Mother’s Day. And incense is always nice to give with a nice holder for example👌

1 Like

Day 97
I went out sober last night. All my friends were drinking as I expected but the music and soda’s and camaraderie didn’t get any less.

I can tell you how thankful I’m this morning. Had never realised how much hangovers actually sucked, I’ve gotten so used to hangovers I didn’t really care anymore, but now I feel like I can actually do stuff today. All while still remembering last night. That said I do have social anxiety, so this thing was a huge test considering everyone’s in a clump. Hopeful I can be more social and confident, I didn’t really interact with anyone other than the friends I went with. All with all a good experience worth repeating.
Have a great sober day everyone! :confetti_ball:

15 Likes

Day 634

Nice day of co-operation with the husband, I did homework / took to pool one, and he took to his parents / went cycling with the other. He also did a bbq tonight. My son’s friend dropped by so he joined us. The kids took turns playing music they liked, so an interesting k-pop, then metal, then classic rock combination.

20 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement!

1 Like

Got through the last week of intense cravings for alcohol…kept telling myself don’t destroy the beauty in being sober, and one drink will never be just one drink. Made another day today and even met a friend at the pub tonight (the only place open in our destroyed town after floods). Had no temptation. 36 days AF :hugs:

I hope everyone is going okay. Good night to those going to bed and good morning to you all on the other Side of the sun :sunny:

14 Likes

Checking in at one week.
Oops, I seem to have muted this thread last weekend at some point but have just noticed and see that there are several hundred posts I’ve missed.
That should give me something to do today, lol

13 Likes

I already checked in today but I have something to share. I was just in the bathroom getting ready to visit my mom. Normally I always turn on my music, but this time I turned on the radio. And guess what? Today, May 7, is International Nude Gardening Day haha ​​never heard of it. It comes from America and it would provide a good self-image and a tight garden. This morning I was outside for a while and I saw my neighbors busy in the garden but luckily they were fully clothed. Because you really don’t want to see my neighbors naked. At least I never thought about it and I don’t want to think about it. Now I’m thinking about it anyway :ghost:Anyways when you just wake up and you open your curtains and you see naked neighbors in the garden you know why. It’s not for me but for those who feel called? Grab your chance! And don’t get a aditute because of your boosted self-image afterwards :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 692. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Nude gardening sounds a bit dangerous :rofl:

4 Likes