Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

I have a horrible photo taken of me being drunk during a camping trip. I keep it to remind myself why I want to be sober.
I have a camping trip planned in July with the kids which I’m looking forward to.

2 Likes

Day 6! Here we go :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hey y’all :wink:

Its been a hot minute…

Just wanted to send a big hi and hello to all my ts fam, and to let you know I miss talking to y’all everyday… :heart_eyes:

Life’s great atm… I am officially a new mum to a gorgeous lil fur baby… luca :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

He is a 3 yr old Japanese Spitz rescue :heart:

I hope every one is well and killing in there sobriety and being the amazing soberians that y’all are you :laughing:

Love you and miss you :kissing_heart:

32 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 695. I hope everybody has a good one!

@apes2020 so good to see you again! Look at that little guy!!

15 Likes

Thanks for saying this Miranda. Going through the last posts I made you are right, feeling like this is unsustainable. I am on the waitlist for a therapist and just have to take it one day at a time.

1 Like

Day 174

Just checking in. Everyone have a great day.

13 Likes

Miss you April! Happy you are doing so well

4 Likes

Checking in today, which marks 6 months sober! Had been looking forward to this day but feeling very “meh”, been in a funk for the past few weeks that I can’t seem to shake off. Hope everyone is doing well! :blue_heart:

25 Likes

Same, too many. The darkness, the wilderness, the anonymity…

It’s nice sober, honestly. X

@Alycia

This is my first Recovery journey (66 days); reading your post and others like it Keeps Me! Thank You for the Share.

1 Like

You can do this Miranda! Stay strong, think about having to do another reset. You helped me get to day 13! :purple_heart: I know you made it!!!

Sorry I missed this post initially. I’m glad you are noticing these red flags now but I’m really sorry because I know how horrible it is when people are dishonest. Listen to your gut and keep yourself in your healthy space. You are too good for toxic people❤️

3 Likes

Lucky 13 for me!! I feel good not drinking, My head is clear, I don’t remember ever having that feeling. I have aches, pains from rheumatoid arthritis, that I’ve had for many years, but it’s still better. I think the disease always gave me an excuse to drink. It numbed me, but overall, made it worse. I’m happy to be alive and here with all of you. Have a wonderful day! :hugs:

9 Likes

I did make it! thanks Maxine. I’m really proud of myself. I still feel sick though :cry: thought I was starting to feel a bit better but yesterday was worse. Went to bed at 8:30. Slept well until 5:30, but woke up feeling more coldy.
At least I’m not hungover!! I never regret waking up sober!! I have a pretty chill day today. I’ll rest up some more and be easy on myself. Thanks for your reply❤️

2 Likes

Day 5 Being present here had been a big help for me. Always tempted to lie and to say I am ok or nobody cares but checking in it’s a reminder that I am accountable and saw

10 Likes

6 months is a great time. Congrats :tada:
You’ve been looking forward to this day, I get that. Try to enjoy this day and realize what you have achieved. I hope you feel better soon.
One day at a time

3 Likes

We care, we’re all going through the same thing. Stay strong and congratulations on day 5, that’s awesome!

1 Like

I’m on day 4 and my physical and mental health is really struggling. I’m having withdrawals and really bad anxiety, to the point where I’m considering inpatient care for a few days.

I hope all are doing well.

14 Likes

68EB858A-EBC6-4ECA-A81C-AF5F8E653141
Your doing great!!! I have used pain in the past as an excuse to drink too! Alcohol only makes it worse. It’s a huge inflammatory. I’m so glad you’re doing this for yourself. Day 13 is amazing❤️

3 Likes

Day 4 is hard. I definitely think the first week was the most difficult. Keep us posted about the inpatient care. If you’re thinking about it, you should call.

6 Likes