Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Amazing news!!! Congrats!!!

Checking in
Day 86
Feeling pretty good actually. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s the recent increase in my meds that have made the difference. Iā€™m not sluggish or unmotivated anymore. I feel more ā€œbalancedā€ mentally and Iā€™m overall a happier person. I managed to get so much cleaning done, plus laundry, cleaning the coffee pot, a walk, and a shop at the dollarstore doneā€¦ all before 230pm. And thatā€™s on top of my daily recovery stuff and a 530am workout. I love being productive :grinning:
Hubby and I actually had a chat about being clean and sober also (which was a surprise to me). He actually said he was proud of us! I have always wondered what his true thoughts were on being completely clean and sober. I know he has his urges to use but they are few and far btwn most of the time. He is wanting to get his license and then get a car (which will help with his work also, being able to travel to diff sites). He was so optimistic about our future and I loved hearing him talk about his goals and his wishes for us. It was really nice!
Anyway, I hope u all are doing well and taking it ODAAT! Hugs!

16 Likes

This whole post deeply resonates with me and means so much!! I honestly barely know where to begin, except that I could relate like looking in a mirror and your words were just what I needed right nowā€¦ Iā€™m glad youā€™re here Stella, thanks so muchā€¦ :hugs:

2 Likes

1 month, really happy I found this place.
Keep feeling a bit lonely, a bit more hungry than usual ā€¦ yet mood swings getting better.

13 Likes

I love being sober!!! One day at a time!!!

18 Likes

Hey guys- checking in day 43. Bought some melatonin. Slept a little more solidly, hopefully it helps over time.
Have a wonderful day. The rain is settling in here, makes me sad. I miss the sun already haha.

15 Likes

Good for you! :raised_hands:

Yes it is moving in on winter down under isnā€™t it? :cloud_with_rain: We are having more sun here in Canada and Iā€™m glad the snow has melted. The spring is my favourite season, with the lilacs and tulips and the explosion of green :grin:

2 Likes

Thats great news! A productive day and a positive convo with your partner. Yay you!!

2 Likes

New to this forum.
Been sober (SA) for 1 month 22 days.
Glad I found this app. Seeing the progress tick by is cool and motivating. :+1:

19 Likes

Aw yes spring is so lovely. I bet Canada is absolutely stunning in the warmer months. Iā€™m not accustomed to this cold, I come from the hot parts of regional Australia and now Iā€™m being forced through the coastal winter elements haha. Worth it though, the coast is stunning down here. Canā€™t have it all hehe

1 Like

I used to live in China on the south coast, which isnā€™t quite the same as Australia but it is a humid coastal climate - probably like what youā€™re going through now :cold_face:

I grew up in a place where winters can get down to -30 (C) or more on the really cold days. But itā€™s a dry cold. That coastal cold - even in a place that doesnā€™t snow - goes right to your bones!

Bundle up and get some hot soup. Best thing to do :innocent:

1 Like

Good for you Jason! :raised_hands:

1 Like

same here, that one day is the most important in 2 years 18 weeks. I read people say they donā€™t count the days bc it puts them under pressure but I love the fact I can put my head on the pillow sober at the end of the day and bare witness to one more miracle.
people like us arenā€™t meant to be living like this, I used to fear todayā€™s and tommorows and next weeks, not now though. You can count on that. Well done mate :+1:

11 Likes

17 Likes

Thank you!! One day at a time. This addiction has done so much damage. I still donā€™t know if my marriage will survive. Alli can do is pray. And right now my sobriety is keeping me going. So Iā€™m thankful for that.

3 Likes

Morning of 639

Eye-bleedingly irritating morning, which boils down to a bigger issue of my wishes not being respected. I am so mad but need to calm down before I go to work.

19 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear your wishes werenā€™t respected. That is so irritating and it feels like not even being seen as mattering. Iā€™m irritated just hearing about it :angry:

3 Likes

Hi guys Kat here checking in around day 280

Sorry havenā€™t been on in a few days, I havenā€™t been feeling physically well and now feeling really depressed. No reason to really, might have to check with my psychiatrist about a med change.

Also have no motivation to go to gym. Work is hard back there tomorrow. Going to read the memecthread and gratitude thread that might help. Also will pray.

Hope all of you having a better day!

Kat

20 Likes

Just saying good night to everyone. Had a good day me and autumn went for a couple good rides and went to the park to play. Addie was napping, but when she woke up I took her for her own little bike ride. Just trying to be as grateful as I possibly can. I canā€™t lie I had some grouchy moments but was able to pull myself out of them. I hope everyone had a good day, much love or well if your just waking up have a good day

20 Likes

Day 71 of no self harm

Had a very close call last night but my friend stayed up with me until about 4 talking me through it. I didnā€™t sleep last night but I was calm for the rest of the night at least.

Hung out with my VR friend for a while today. Flew some planes in VR and now weā€™re gonna watch the John wick movies.

Iā€™m doing okay today I guess. Feeling really crap physically but thatā€™s because I canā€™t get myself to eat anything more than some hard candy. Eating disorder brain is just bad today. I keep eating hard candy to get my blood sugar up and convince myself thatā€™s enough nutrition.

Something positive: I did not relapse

19 Likes