Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Good morning,

Ver proud of being sober Saturday morning.
Being active since six o’clock in the morning.
Having had a coffee and a walk.

Now it is turn for homework: dishwasher, machine washer and all this stuff :smiley:.

But everything is easier being sober!

Happy twenty four hours!

15 Likes

18 Days: Just doing some reading on the site and felt the need to check in. Getting back to the sober me feels good. Withdrawals are over, energy is coming back and just enjoying getting back into my sober routine.

It amazes how quickly drinking transformed me physically and mentally. During my 5 month relapse I went from happy and active to depressed and isolated. That’s not the life I want.

I hope everyone finds the strength to make it one more day with me.

Much Love!

25 Likes

Yes, exactly, I totally agree. As soon as you’re in its grip, that’s it. Its quick and brutal. Great job for recognising it. It happened to me too.
Keep up the good work, it so worth it :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

#Day 1334 :seedling:
3 days before surgery.
Went home sick yesterday afternoon, so counting down the days before that stupid gall blatter will be taken out :hugs:
Today off from work, going to take it easy.

Picture from my walk yesterday. The only downside from the surgery is that I can’t walk for a while. Hope it’s just for a short period :hugs:
Have a good day TS people!

21 Likes

Day 235 checking in taking the car for a wash then get some breakfast the go to a meeting have a good day everyone :pray:t2:

15 Likes

Just been out for my morning walk with my dog

25 Likes

Start of day 5. Going for a long walk. Enjoy your day.

14 Likes

Oh my goodness. I want to live there :sparkling_heart:
Im working hard to live in Cornwall, in exactly a place like that. Lucky you :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I moved here during lockdown and on the back of a divorce… and now it’s home :slight_smile:

There are so many quiet areas all year round, it’s just a case of finding them. It’s worth moving here. I can’t imagine i would leave

2 Likes

Day 128 AF
Saturday night and the I’m set to photograph my first gig in almost 2 years. Should be a fun night. Let’s Rock n Roll…

12 Likes

Day 1387.

Have been working since 6 am to get some overhours.
Now idk really what to do as tomorrow I am planning to do a rather longer ride after Covid. Maybe I’ll do what Dora and Paule excel in: doing nothing.

12 Likes

Aww @Mno. I’ve been wondering how the residents were going to react when you leave. You’ve built up relationships with these people over the years and I can imagine it’s going to be hard on all involved. I’m sure they’ll be grateful for the time you had together. Sad in a way but very happy you’re moving on in your life to do what’s best for you.

5 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 699. I hope everybody has a good one!

21 Likes

Thank you so much girl :heartpulse::tulip: I did make it thru last night and am at day 89. I can’t believe it honestly. The clean time I have today is something I only dreamed and wished for back then. I do feel better today. I will absolutely keep that in mind about the milestone days and how our brains work with that. Do u know why that is? I’m just curious. Thank you for the support hugs hope ur doing well!

5 Likes

How are you today Charlie? Feeling a bit better? It’s a new day :slight_smile: maybe take some time to reconnect and ground in whatever way helps you! :grin:

1 Like

How are you doing Chris? Just thought I’d check in :)Thinking of you and ur wife and hoping for some calmness in both ur day today

Day 701 clean and sober today. I hope everyone has a beautiful day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

15 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 89
Made it through the night clean and sober! Grateful… so very grateful! Woke up feeling rested for work. Excited to be almost at 3 freakin months!! This is literally something I would dream about back in the day while at the same time wondering why I could never get past 3 days. I noticed too yesterday another type of “inner pull”. There’s the strong pull btwn my lieing addictive thinking in my mind and the voice of my HP that speaks to me thru my heart where the truth lies. And then yesterday, I also noticed the inner pull btwn me trying to take control of the situation on my own (and solve the urge to use on my own) and again the voice of my HP wanting me to reach out to Him for help. I have to almost force myself to reach out to my HP instead of sitting in the mental anguish of my addictive thinking… To not only reach out for help during times of distress, but to also give thanks in all circumstances. Even during hard times there is something I can learn and be thankful for. My faith in my HP is continually strengthened. It amazes me that literally everytime I ask my HP for help, I have gotten it. It’s like a gentle wave of relief over me. My mind calms and I start breathing deeply and I calm down almost instantly. It’s such an amazing experience! So why do I fight the urge to let go and hand it over to my HP? Not sure… maybe the addictive thinking trying to take over.
Anyway, I hope everyone has an addiction free day and recieves a sense of inner peace in their day!
Sending u a pic from my walk to the bus. I see these 2 geese every weekend when I head to work. They are a “couple”. Geese remind me of my grandfather who passed when I was 7 I believe so they are always nice to see :slight_smile: they can be super mean tho (I’ve been chased by geese more than once lol). Have a great day!

16 Likes

Day 12. Was up pretty much all night, wasn’t really overthinking about much maybe a little but just sitting there thinking about nothing… My girls mother is getting married today and there is definitely some feelings in it for me, the guys a very high functioning addict, girls don’t like him, they don’t hate him but honestly the marriage just doesn’t seem good to me but not my choice, also a little annoyed she only wants the girls at the wedding they can’t go to the reception which to me was like what? Let them have fun and dance and enjoy your wedding wtf… but then I’m happy bc I don’t want them around ppl who are drinking, a big thing that led to my drinking as a kid was seeing how “happy” it made adults… So yeah boils down to acceptance, which then I was like man I sit here I do accept I am a alcoholic and drug addict, I know the shit does nothing good for me but yet still there is a part of me that just thinks about this stupid shit like it braught me fucking joy, like yeah the shit did bring me joy some days but it also brought alot of selfishness and making sure I was the only one who felt good. This last relapse I was obviously hanging out with some other drug addicts and I observed them, like you think all addicts are pretty similar, but watching them these guys would only do it a little bit at a time and then walk away for a little and go do some shit, hang out talk… As for me my ass wasn’t leaving my pile of coke or meth untill it was gone, I might walk away for ten minutes but I couldn’t leave that pile, and I found myself saying wtf these guys can control their drug addiction but I fucking can’t wth and also noticed they didn’t want to hang out with me once we started using but they would all sit there and still hang out. Like wtf Mike why are sitting and comparing. And again acceptance on my part I say I accept it but it’s like I really don’t. Hitting my meetings and annoyed bc it’s still all just same old ppl yes they all have alot of sobriety but I don’t enjoy hanging out with 60 year olds. Not that I don’t admire there sobriety, just no click, and then one guy the last 4 meetings has literally shared the whole meeting so nobody at all got to speak, like it was he felt his jabbering about nothing and how is vacation went was the only thing important, but I mean to literally talk a whole 45 minutes and not let anyone else speak just was annoying I had shit I wanted to say quick instead it sat and festered inside me. But acceptance right? Is what it is, geuss I had more shit on my mind then I thought much love

18 Likes

Bittersweet my friend but I am so damn happy for you.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like