Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

A really beautiful picture! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Day 19 is kicking my ass! Iā€™m thankful to be sober but all the sugar, gluten etc., has made my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) flair up BIG time, Iā€™m having difficulty walking. All the work around the house is probably catching up to me as well, since I went from sitting on couch to cleaning everything. These flair ups used to give me an excuse to drink, but not today. I want to stay sober. I have faith that this will get better. Sending :heart: and support to all, stay strong and enjoy your day!

20 Likes

Day 703 clean and sober today. Got a call yesterday that one of my friends I was in treatment with overdosed on Fentanyl this weekend, he was 25. My heart breaks for his parents and it brought up the loss of Corey which is always with me but hovers in the background at all times. Today is my Saturday and I think Iā€™m going to spend most of it taking very good care of myself napping/eating etc. I hope everyone has an amazing day I love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

29 Likes

Congratulations on the big 500!!! :confetti_ball::balloon::tada::balloon::sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Welcome back Wolf. Itā€™s a great day for a day 1!!
ODAAT.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Kat here checking in on Day 285.

Sorry I missed check in over the weekend, have no excuse but have found myself neglecting my recovery lately when recovery has to come first. I did go to an in-person meeting last night (which I do 3x a week) but have been missing Zoom meetings on the other nights.

I have not done any stepwork in a month which is bad, I need that stepwork to recover. I am supposed to send 3 Gratitudes to my sponsor daily and phone her once a week but have not been doing that consistently. I have been going to the gym less due to lack of motivation.

Well, this is me outing myself to my fellow addicts and alcoholics with the hope that our group strength can help me change and put Recovery first!

Thanks Kat

19 Likes

Really happy ur back! Try not to beat urself up too muchā€¦ those negative feelings donā€™t help. Focus on today and this being a brand new journey! I know u got this!

Checking in on day 373. Got a call from my post-Army career company to discuss starting 3 weeks earlier than we planned on. Told them Iā€™m on board but Iā€™ll be out of the country for the first week of that. Theyā€™ll call me back later today but it seems that wonā€™t be an issue.

Getting in a solid chest workout right now. Have a few errands to handle this afternoon as well as some statistics read ahead. 3 more weeks in the class. Hoping to maintain an A.

Have a great day everyone. Itā€™s a great day to be above ground and sober.

19 Likes

Congratulations Dana @Butterflymoonwoman for your three months. Time is flying byā€¦ Awesome job. :sunflower::upside_down_face:

Day 1289.
Itā€™s too warm here, we have storm and thunder. And itā€™s only may. Well, I better get used to it somehow. This is the new normal.

Just learned some bad news for finding an apartment in the city I will move to in some months. Try not to panic. But stress is rising. The facts are coming up every now and then. Breathe.

12 Likes

Awesome work Paul proud of you friend

1 Like

Day 14. Had a good meeting at St Joeā€™s this morning, my original councilor went on vacation, so I zoomed with another lady but still I went down to the facility to get out of the house. She was nice, understanding and approachable. Commended me on my honesty said she doesnā€™t even know me but itā€™s her favorite thing about me, it feels nice to one on one with someone and get it all out. I do this on here as well, and In a.a meetings but realizing sometimes I over share. But she helped me work on some goals today, and other things I could work in as well, so it was a good appointment. Iā€™m doing good, my ex finally did come get the girls yesterday and I know when Iā€™m venting on here it probably seems jees Mike relax or like Iā€™m mad. I wasnā€™t mad we didnā€™t fight didnā€™t argue yes I tried bringing the girls to her but I wasnā€™t mad, me and Addie ended up going for a bike ride by ourselves and boy I was so proud of my girl, she climbed a bunch of steep hills all by her self and is finally learning her brakes going down and just seriously nailed it. I made sure she knew how proud I was and she is so cute just waving and yelling hey to everyone, stopping and is like hiiiii Iā€™m on a bike ride with my daddy. They always get me into conversations and honestly help me with my anxiety, walk up to ppl and just give them hugs and I love it they arenā€™t shy and it makes me feel like ok Mike you are doing good, your raising these girls right. I hope everyone has a good day much love

26 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 91
Woke up in a good mood and did an upper body workout today based off a new plan.
Got ready for my Bible Study zoom mtg and ended up leaving 15 min into it. It used to be a zoom mtg for all the ladies from back home who have been thru similar stuff as myself. I really enjoyed it. Then they started mtg in person in this group room while zoom is also present so that people out of town can attend their group. Well I couldnā€™t hear shit so I said that it was difficult for me and said I would try next week. I just wasnā€™t going to sit there for an hour and pretend like I could hear. I was polite about it tho and said I would try again next week. Anyway, I feel sad about it.
Hubby and I chatted about my interview next week. We chatted right before bed. He rarely ever talks or asks questions about my past especially when it came to youth sexual exploitation or prostitution. Those things were never talked about much. He knows me now but not me growing up and nothing about what I used to do. Not that itā€™s important to really go into details about it, but he was completely unaware of the stuff I had to deal with as a youth bcuz of being vulnerable and into drugs. Anyway, we sort of cuddled which we donā€™t normally do after that talk. It was nice.
Iā€™m feeling alot right now. As an adult choosing to enter into prostitution was a choice yes (maybe if I was stronger back then I wouldve chose a diff path. But when ur told something for so long and have acted a certain way for so long, u kind kf sort of believe it). But there were many factors that lead me into that decision. Alot stemmed from my youth and having mental health issues and addiction issues and extremely low self esteem and being exploited. So preparing myself for this interview has brought up alot. Just pain surrounding my youth. But I am determined to make a difference. There are 12 questions to answer and I want to give input on what I needed as a youth and what would have helped me back then so that other youth back home have a greater chance to heal and live successful lives. Just emotional today.

23 Likes

Sometimes we just go through these phases, Kat. Itā€™s really important that we donā€™t stay stuck in them. Doing in-person meetings 3x weekly is great! Is there any take-away from those to spark some motivation? Think back to when you were going to the gym often, sharing progress photos on the workout threadā€¦ what was your motivation then?

For myself, one motivation gets old and I have to quickly move on to something else so I donā€™t stay stuck. Remember that youā€™re learning, growing, and changing. Sobriety will do that for us. Congratulations on your 285 days. :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

7 Likes

Checking in
2 years.
19 weeks.
1 day
Been so busy with the move I missed my Sunday night check in. The thing is, I been so busy with this move. First move sober. And I move a lot. I donā€™t know how I fit in all that time for drinking. And still got the job done. Itā€™s nice doing it and everything else sober and calm and thereā€™s much less chaos this way. Iā€™ve never really thought about the lack of chaos as a benefit from being sober. I think I caused my own chaos. I use to over do everything so I could justify all my drinking. And that caused chaos. Iā€™ll get to things when I get to things. And not schedule my life around chaos.

Congratulations to everyone still here. Coming back. Just starting. Letā€™s just not drink or DOC today. And see what happens. I think there will be less chaos.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

Even if youā€™ve had a bad day, as long as you remain clean and sober through all the bullshit, then consider this day a success :100:

29 Likes

All the best for your surgery!

Very nice owl. :+1:

2 Likes

Dont do it. I had a two year sober streak, had a drink and then two years later i am starting again

3 Likes

Thank you very much!
And you too @Mno and @Alisa , very nice of you all!
:pray::heavy_heart_exclamation::pray:

4 Likes

Popped up in my memories today. My goal is to achieve this again and keep going

20 Likes

Wow Mike thays crazy impressive!!! I see this in ur future! :100:

2 Likes