Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

This is one of those times where you have to do it. He’d appreciate it too.
Im making plans to go see my mom cuz she’s not doing great.

4 Likes

Day 72

Got another day off, but the 4 day work week starts tomorrow. Have to get gas.

Scared to exercise for only dumb reasons
Heaps of unfinished drafts.
Important days to come
Good cats.

16 Likes

Day 654.

So after reading through a fair few people’s epic milestones I have the europic feeling once again of look how far we’ve come!

I’m back to studying and I’ve smashed through 6 modules today… Test at the end of each module 90% - 100% correct! For once I’m fucking thankful for my hyperfocusness that my ADHD brain has… There was one time where I truely believed I wasn’t smart the drugs did all the work for me, oh how wrong I am!

Once again thankful for this place!

I remembered to take time out got in the car and drove to a devine little place that had puffins and other birds to admire on a gawjus scenic walk with Luna. Those little moments of taking time to reflect whilst sweating from the heat ha!

32 Likes

Day 212 AF

Good afternoon,

My friend’s son’s bday party was pretty chill yesterday. Caught up with some old friends. There were a few people drinking, but it didn’t even bother me at all. No peer pressure from anyone, surprisingly.

Everything is going good. I got this!

Take care everyone and stay strong!

24 Likes

Old character defects started popping up recently. Prayer stopped and priorities changed. Didnt relapse but holy shit was I knocking on the Devil’s door. Im getting my ass to a meeting in 20 minutes. Getting back on track and working the program by the book, God willing. Just needed to vent on here and to spill that even after three years this shit stays around and waits for one single moment of weakness to creep back in. Cunning, baffling, powerful. Looking forward to sitting at the tables tonight. Thanks for reading.

20 Likes

Why do you think you are? I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

1 Like

Day 10 but its just the beginning of a new life for me!! These groups do actually help and make you feel not so alone on your journey!! Stay positive folks

19 Likes

Nice to see you. Congratulations on ur study achievements! Smarty pants :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Mid day checkin

Day 15.75 clean from alcohol and weed. Im full of hope and joy. If this is the pink cloud i dont want to get off. So far i feel my willpower getting stronger and im proud. I think the hubby is only going to do 30days alcohol free. Me on the otherhand, i want to explore my sobriety. Afterall i start a new job monday and want to be the best version of myself with a clear mind and positive attitude. So very greatful for this forum and everyones contributions!

21 Likes

Yeah my therapist is aware, told police q long time ago but wasn’t believed

1 Like

Day 62!

Feeling good! I’ve been going to bed around like 6am though. Oops haha. But I have no desire to drink despite being up all night - my old drinking hours. Yay! :smiley:

14 Likes

I feel the same way as in past experiences. I shut myself off, disconnect from things. I don’t have friends to talk with which is probably good because when I am like this I want to be alone. Bringing up alot of negativity from the past and feel worried about my future. I will look into contacting my counsellor in the next few days maybe. Thanks for your concern.

3 Likes

Well the first person I actually first told a therapist who was at the inpatient hospital I went to at about 13. she was decent about it, but even though she was a mandated reporter she never reported it.

My current therapist I’ve been seeing since I was 15 or so and she knows, she’s very easy to talk to luckily

3 Likes

I did eat some pizza! She probably was worried. She always picks up on when I’m not doing great and she sits at my feet to “guard” me when she senses it

1 Like

Awe I love all of that :two_hearts:

1 Like

Tonight will be day 76 of no self harm

I’m doing ok today. I ate some pizza so I’m feeling a bit better physically. My criminal investigation class is covering sexual assault so I’m having a hard time with this lesson but I’m managing. It’s necessary for the class. Hanging out with my VR friend at the moment so he’s helping me not fixate too much on the chapter’s topic. I tend to get really into my own head when this chapter comes up. But I have to deal with it if I’m going to work in the field.

Feeling ok for now. I’m hoping to finish up that chapter tomorrow and get it over with.

Something positive: this chapter is easier than it has been in previous classes

17 Likes

Tonight’s meeting was great, it was like the universe answered. Had a new person, and talked about step one and heard my story and everything I am to a t in everyone of those old timers. Opened my eyes up tonight, calling my sponsor tonight just to say hi because it was and is something I neglect. I don’t want that mental obsession anymore, I don’t want to drink or drug to obvlion anymore. Thank you @DLS and @Lorelai I am going down in the morning to see my gramp. Love you all have a great night

23 Likes

102 is fantastic. You get to have a day that’s less than your best now and then. Like you said, still sober. New day tomorrow, keep it up.

I’m checking in day 3. Thought about the drink quite a few times but never close to making a move. Helps me to see you all doing so well. Great numbers popping up here. :pray:t3::muscle:t3:

15 Likes

Good evening friends. Finishing up a successful day 548 at a meeting! Work day was good and productive. Actually planning to head into the physical office tomorrow. I’ll give them one day per week in the office until they fuss for more. It’s a nice change of pace to actually get dressed in long pants and shoes and do officey things. Even looking forward to seeing some people and the 30 minute drive in.

Have an awesome evening!

23 Likes

Mike it’s so awesome to see you going to meetings and getting the help you’ve always talked about getting for yourself. So proud of you man. Your last few posts especially have made me truly happy after seeing you struggle :heart:

4 Likes