Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

So inspiring! Great work!

My son told me he doesnā€™t want to drive all the way to Cornwall to see me. He lives about 350 miles away ā€¦so i think i will only see him when i go north

Really saddening

But day 8 :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 702. I hope everybody has a good one!

25 Likes

Thank you!! Hope you have a great day

1 Like

Checking in. Digging myself out of my depression pit. Was able to pray this morning and it helped a bit. Grateful to wake up sober and relying on my higher power to keep me that way. This too shall pass.

16 Likes

Good morning friends, day 549! Came into the office this morning for the first time in many months. I do not recommend. It took me about 30 minutes this morning just to get my monitors working. Since the last time I was here, I have received a new work laptop and the docking station is completely different. What a big chore. Oh well, first world problems. If I was still a drinker I might not even have a job to complain about.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

19 Likes

Sorry itā€™s taken awhile to get back. Itā€™s been hectic to say the least. Seems there are more appointments for this than anything before. And everyone is more depressing than the last. But hast to slow down at some point yeah? And today is 9 months. Am very thankful for that. Hope you are doing well.

7 Likes

Didnā€™t have a chance to read this all before, but now that I have, I am so happy I did. What a great story! It must have felt soooo good to make it though all the preparations sober AND staying sober while everyone around you is drinking! Congratulations!! I totally agree that itā€™s wayyyy more enjoyable to stay sober. I used to feel like I was"missing out". Not at all anymore. And your right, itā€™s also great to actually remember the eveningšŸ˜ƒ

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry to hear that. Sending a hug.
Good job on day 8. That first week is always hardest for me.

1 Like

Oh no? Plantar fasciitis is sooo painful. Have you tried freezing a purchased plastic water bottle that is still full and then rolling it under your foot? Are you doing a lot of calf stretches? (Straight and Bent leg too to get the gastrocnemius and the soleus). Those things really helped me. I had it years ago. I also ended up getting orthotics which I think has helped it from returning. Hope you feel better soonšŸ¤ž

2 Likes

Awe that mustve hurt to hear that! Iā€™m sorry :frowning: keep focused tho on ur sobriety! Congratulations on 8 days!!!

1 Like

Sounds like an amazing day! I remember that feeling of my daughter learning to ride her bikeā¤ļø
I hope youā€™re still sleeping and Iā€™m not disturbing you :smiley:

It did. But life is long. So i will focus on my life here

1 Like

4 months 17 days, still sober. Last year this Date I relapsed. Today is really a minutt by minutt. Its Norways Constitution Day.
Happy Constitution Day :norway:

18 Likes

Checking in on day 374. More of the same today. Getting a killer back workout in right now. Doing some homework this afternoon, and have my sonā€™s concert this evening. Have a great day everyone. Itā€™s a great day to be above ground and sober.

14 Likes

Checking in today to celebrate 2 years sober.

It has been a long and hard journey to get here. It still takes daily monitoring and awareness of triggers and mental preparednesses.

I am so happy I found this forum!!! So many people helped me get to this milestone.

Thanks TS!!!

If you are just starting KEEP TRYING!!!
It is worth it!!

44 Likes

Awesome! Good work.

1 Like

Congratulations :tada::tada::tada::four_leaf_clover::v:

1 Like

Wow!!! Amazing work on 2 years!!!

1 Like

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 92
Woke up for another great workoutā€¦ did legs today. Also had a good rest! Got some relaxing, easy going things to do today along with coloring my hair. So im excited for that!
Late last night tho, hubby got a text fromā€¦ guess who?.. our old dealer. He got a new number and was going thru the contact list and wanted to see ā€œhow we were?ā€. Againā€¦ he said, ā€œHavenā€™t heard from u in awhile, everything OK?ā€. My hubby told him that we were done with it long ago and that even if we wanted to, we didnā€™t have the money for it anyway. Our dealer told us that he didnā€™t mind dropping us off a bag for free. Sooo hubby told me this and then said to me that thereā€™s this guy at work who uses on the weekends and that he could make some easy money off of it by selling this free bag to him. There are many things wrong with this plan. 1st off, I donā€™t want anything to do with our dealer or his minions lol 2nd of all, I DO NOT want that in the home for many reasons but especially bcuz it would just be sitting here in our home for 4 days and thatā€™s honestly dangerousā€¦ to think I am even strong enough to have it around me for that long, would be ridiculous. 3rd I think itā€™s sickening that dealers give out freebies to get u re-hooked and spending money againā€¦ not today or ever Satan! And 4th I donā€™t want to be the person responsible for keeping someone addicted and adding to this mans addiction. Sooo many things wrong with this. I told hubby these reasons and he said ur rightā€¦ we dont need the money that bad anyway (which we dont). He blocked that new number and deleted the message. That couldve been bad. But sooo grateful for recovery and for my HP right now!
Hope everyone has an addiction free day!
Hugs :tulip::seedling::butterfly:

33 Likes