Checking in daily to maintain focus #44

Whats AF mean lol

Alcohol Free :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg that’s so funny I couldn’t figure it out of :rofl::sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 373. Today was an amazing day. We had a little Father’s day BBQ, and my dad was able to be there, along with other family in town. There was some beers and ciders there, and it actually felt good to be sober and present. It is so lovely and freeing not obsessing about the next drink, not scheming ways to sneak more alcohol, not waking up with heart pounding anxiety hungover in the early morning hours. Instead, I get to go to bed clean and sober and wake up for summer sunshine and coffee feeling clear headed. That’s well worth it. Happy Father’s day to the fellow papas out there.

20 Likes

Checking in 3 Y, 3 Weeks Sober

Finally feel like I’m turning a corner on this covid. Managed to change my sheets and air out the bedroom, I feel so “infected” :mask: also managed to wash my hair, so that’s a huge win. Contemplated tweezering the greys from my head but then upon closer inspection with my glasses on, realised the process would be futile ** insert inward sigh ** . I’m trying to embrace the idea of allowing the greys to just be, and kind of blend with my hair, reality of getting older is hitting home lol. But like my mum likes to remind me, at least I have that opportunity ** insert eyeroll and obligatory “yes I know Mum” **
Urgh I’m in a mood today, annoyed with everything and almost everyone. Deep breath. This too shall pass. At least I’m sober today. I know things could always be alot worse and I have alot to be grateful for… so chin up guys and gals. We’re here and doing our best. That’s all we can do :heart:

19 Likes

We’ve all been there I think :joy:
There was even a thread created about abbreviations at one point lol

4 Likes

About to turn in at the end of day 10. Had a reasonably good day, but I can’t help feeling a little gloomy since it’s Father’s Day. Probably won’t sleep at all, since I had a nap earlier. This is bad because I gotta get up at 7am for an 8 o’clock appointment with my med doctor to add to the “galaxy of pharmaceuticals” I’m already taking. Everybody have a good night (or morning)!

16 Likes

Not the best day today

Just slept all day

Atleast i had my girlfriend by my side all day today napping with me :slight_smile:

I had today and have 2 more days off from work

Just ordered some dinner for me, and my girlfriend along with my 2 friends which are my roommates

Today is day 74 full days clean and sober
In about 45min I’ll have 75 full days

Right now it’s 74days and 23hours and 45min clean and sober

18 Likes

Woooohooooo!!!

It’s always my favorite when someone takes their 30 day tags!!! I remember clearly how excited I was to make 30 days. I also remember how hard I fought to get them.

Great job.
bowUcqP1rT5yo

7 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 64. Had a good day. BF was spoiled for fathers day. His kiddos took him out for brunch then I made us all a ham, cheesy hashbrown potatoes and a carrot green bean mixture. It was yummy! Gave a good night/day all.

16 Likes

Coffee. I’m a little bit better each day but not symptom free yet. Considering if I should go back to work tomorrow. If I follow national guidelines I shouldn’t yet as it’s day 8 since symptoms started and they say 10 days isolation max with symptoms. I do have some online training stuff to attend to. So let’s do that. I’m sober and clean, as I hope and expect from all of you my friends. One day at a time.

I saw this pic, which has been in the family forever, published in a new book on the history of photography in Amsterdam. The photo is from 1933, and shows a riot during the great depression. The lady on the left is my great grandmother who I never knew in person but who was a formidable figure in my family, and in general in the Amsterdam of the first half of the 20th century.

On the day of her marriage she made this proposition to her husband-to-be: “Either you quit drinking now, once and for all, or this marriage is not going to happen”. My great grandfather choose the right thing or I wouldn’t have been here to tell the story. Clean and sober. Love.

24 Likes

Day 272 checking in odaat hope everyone is well off to Spain tomorrow for 12days with the family looking forward to a break I’ve heard there is a heat wave going on over there just now gives me anxiety as my 11month old baby is coming with us I’ve took a lot of measures to keep her protected from the sun factor 50+ I’ve got a pram cover I’ve also got a uv tent I’m not going to drink over it but still find it hard to manage my anxiety :pray:t2:

18 Likes

Day 54. Made it through my sister’s wedding bCk in Michigan! It was tough at parts but I set pretty good boundaries. Nothing but support from family and friends. Gave a great speech at the wedding sober and nervous . This was the first time seeing a ton of partying friends without partying and it is a huge weight off my shoulders . Feeling excited about continuing on my journey. Hoping for smooth sailing in the future. Super grateful for the support I’ve received on here. Thanks all and have a great work week!

21 Likes

Day 678

Nearly was back to day 0 today, major strife with son in morning, and I got angry and then felt guilty all day, students were annoying and making me question the point of me being there, I cried when I got home and my husband just rolled his eyes at me. I really didn’t give a shit about my sobriety. I don’t know what stopped me today. Glad it did.

33 Likes

Sorry for your shitty day Flo. Very happy you didn’t give in to addiction’s lying voice. Good times and bad ones, drinking is never a good idea. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. Hugs.

9 Likes

Fantastic, I think a wedding can be a huge test and cause of anxiety. Well done for getting through it successfully. I’ve got a wedding in a while too, which will be my first not drinking and I’ve decided to drive so there is absolutely no way I would have a drink.
I’m sure you’re feeling good now it’s all over and you did it :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Sending hugs xx hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you, “someone/thing” is watching over and maybe helped carry you today, glad to see 678 :heartpulse:

6 Likes

80 days alcohol free…have had a few smokes but focusing on no alcohol is my main goal atm. Reflecting on the smoking is happening gently. So proud of myself :blush:

23 Likes

Day 16 AF
I know I’ve said it recently but I really am so glad that I have returned to my old workplace. Mentally stimulating and I’m loving the challenges.
Have a great day folks, goodnight from me.

17 Likes

So glad and proud of you that you didn’t give in, it wouldn’t change a thing about your current struggles. It would only add shame and feelings of guilt to the situation.

6 Likes