Checking in daily to maintain focus #44

It’s amazing how quickly that voice creeps back when you take your eye off the ball. Well done for recognising it and stepping up your recovery work.
I realised that I was becoming a bit complacent and needed to up my game too. Didn’t take long for me to feel stronger and back to where I was.
Keep on keeping on :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

It sounds like maybe you’re needing a bit of rest and relaxation? I know it can be hard with such a full plate and a list of to-do’s but rest is equally as important as all of that! Sometimes it can be a good thing to just sit and let your brain and body slow down and catch a break. Additionally, giving yourself space to just sit might help you to identify what’s wrong.

I can relate to how you’re feeling because I’m getting to be in the same boat. I’m doing all this stuff yet somehow I feel dissatisfied… lacking in some way. Life has been constantly busy the past two weeks and part of it is just life, but I can’t shake the feeling that part of it is because I’m avoiding facing my stuff. My feelings, sobriety, etc.

Thank you for checking in and sharing your thoughts! I guess I didn’t realize all that until I read your post. I suppose as long as we’re able to identify what’s wrong or what’s missing that’s the first step to changing it… kinda like getting sober/clean! Lol

I hope you’re able to find what you need so you can work on bringing it into your life :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 30 days! :partying_face: so proud of you for the work you’ve put in this far. It sounds like you know exactly what you need to do to rest and recoup after such a busy weekend. Take a break- you deserve it! :two_hearts::muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Checking in on sobriety day 407. I’ve had an incredible Father’s day. My last one I was just over 30 days sober, still in a fog, not sure I’d make it. This year I’ve been clear, present, and amazed at how much my life has improved in sobriety over the last year. The most incredible gift I have received today by far was that of my 18 year old stepson giving me copies of legal documents he filed changing his last name to mine now that he is a legal adult. I haven’t been able to adopt him for the last 15 years I’ve raised him because his deadbeat father would call once a year or so meaning I could not sue for rights removal based on no contact. That’s the only interaction he has ever done. No gifts, visits, financial or emotional support of any sort. My boy and I have struggled as any teen and parent relationship does, and certainly exacerbated by alcohol over the years, but I was speechless at this gesture today. I’m humbled and grateful today. Happy Father’s day to all of you out there ot applies to. It’s a great day to be above ground and sober.

23 Likes

This is a good point. I don’t think I’ve done that recently; I’ve kind of been on a plateau.

It’s weird, I don’t feel like I know where to start doing that. I am in touch with a sex addiction recovery clinic in my city. I will contact them and see what is available, maybe there’s someone I can talk to.

3 Likes

That sounds like a great place to start!

That is wonderful news Dan, I’m so happy for you brother :raised_hands: :innocent:

1 Like

Ah that’s amazing, you’ve obviously done a great job over the last 15 years. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Day 246 AF

We’re doing a carne asada for my father-in-law today. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads here on TS. Enjoy your day!

Stay strong, fam! Take care.

8 Likes

Good evening everyone. Checking in on day 303. Beautiful day out so spent all day outside. Got a good 7 hours of sleep last night which is record setting for me lately so very thankful for that. I double up on classes next week and start my weekend job next week so preparing for that! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Take care and stay safe.

9 Likes

Thanks @MelSews, I really appreciate the support. I will admit I am the absolute worst for giving myself a break but I think it has to form part of my recovery.

I have spent the best part of 15 years slogging away at loads of different projects, work, being a dad, hobby projects, writing a book (to name a few) and would pile my schedule until it burst, just trying to fit everything in. It’s caused stress, illness, a worsening of my addiction and at its worst complete burn out.

Part of it is because I felt I wasn’t “enough” or that I wasn’t doing “enough”. But I never quantified what “enough” was.

This 30 days feels like a circuit breaker for me. Now I need to work out how I move forward. Set those good habits in place and move on from there. One day at a time.

6 Likes

This is beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing gift your son has given you!!

1 Like

@MelSews @PinkyP @BrianP
Thank you guys for your kind words. I need to make this a priority again everyday. I have been a busy lady, but thats no excuse to neglect what should be my #1 focus until I learn how to live sober.

5 Likes

Yay!!! Congratulations on 1 whole month!!! :clap:

1 Like

A member of one of my beginner AA zooms bought me the AA Big Book. It came today! Yeah, i could of just bought it but im sentimental and feel like it means more this way lol

Im excited to start this journey, reached out to a potential sponsor. Im a little overwhelmed by how big the big book is but look forward to working through it with a sponsor.

19 Likes

Checking in
Day 125
Finished work. Was an overall good shift. My client actually napped this afternoon which gave me time to figure out my eating plan for this upcoming week. Will be also exercising more moderately and not have that all or nothing attitude (thinking 4x a week). Am also going to keep up with my morning routine and connect with my HP. This week needs to be different. I can’t be a mean person anymore and I absolutely need to be taking better care of myself. Can’t wait to get home and eat and relax. Hope everyone is having a good day!!

19 Likes

Wonderful news. I’m glad you are building connections and reaching out! Look at you looking for a sponsor! Such growth in self confidence in such a short time. I still remember our conversation well. I’m proud of you hun :heart:

4 Likes

one of the best decisions your ever going to make. Well done for putting your sobriety first.

3 Likes

I smile everytime I see your clean days. :grin:

2 Likes

Excited for tomorrow!

4 Likes