Checking in daily to maintain focus #44

Glad you’re still with us Kat.

etFaWlgejlGchb2FAM

3 Likes

Bookmark this.
:heart:

1 Like

That’s music to my ears… how did you get through your day?

Yes that’s right you can too.

5 Likes

New round, new chances. Glad you trowed the stuff away :facepunch:
I believe in you Kat

2 Likes

Day 75
Pretty good day. One real rough patch but we worked through it and resolved things/discussed plans for next time.
Rest of the day was really great and celebrated my husband’s 30th birthday w/a grilled steak dinner with all the side accouterments as well, of course.

18 Likes

Happy Bday to your husband. The 30s ain’t that bad yet.

3 Likes

Nothing smart…just stayed in bed a long time, read posts on here…didn’t let myself go out the flat in case I couldn’t hack it and crumbled and thought about how to make tomorrow (today better) and I wrote myself a little plan for the morning so I wouldn’t have to think too much, just do it. (Which was get up, read posts on here while having coffee, go for walk in Park and buy banana bread before work). So far so good and I feel a bit better although dreading work. Gonna set myself a timer to look on here every two hours as it really helps! Addictions a lonely business isn’t it?!

10 Likes

Yeah, I have to agree, it’s been the best decade so far, and honestly the further I get from my 20’s, the better personally
He had his moment of frenzied self reflection/the “checklist”; but I told him that’s normal and it’s actually a good change, for me at least so far, and he’s had a better time with the idea since then lol

4 Likes

Coffee. Feeling maybe a little bit better. Might be wishful thinking. I’m sober and clean I know that for sure. I hope and expect the same from all of you friends. It’s the only way towards a better life for all of us. Have as good a day as you all can. Love from my balcony.

34 Likes

Awesome you are feeling (possibly some ) better! Your porch and plants and that sunshine are pretty cheery looking! :grinning: Nonetheless, another Nurse Kitty to help Luna get you back up to speed, get well quickly! xoxo

9 Likes

Feeling really good about myself again lately.
I often reflect on the trauma that I suffer from the breakdown of my 25 year marriage and how nearly 5 years later, I’m still putting myself back together. I recently had thoughts that to justify having a few drinks each day I must have had a rough day and was deserving of a drink. In hindsight, I was telling myself I felt bad to justify drinking, when in fact I didn’t have a bad day or was not upset about anything in particular. I was convincing myself that I was unhappy to justify my drinking if that makes sense. Happiness is never found at the bottom of an empty bottle.
On another note, I am really happy that I have returned to my former workplace and am jointly in charge of an Inventory Team for a very large Company and the work is very rewarding mentally.
Peace and Strength to you all :heart:

21 Likes

Day 1320.
I am flodded with emotions right now. Sadness, anger, hating myself. What else is that I think one of the most important things I learned in recovery is to be humble, to not judge people. I have never walked in their shoes. I am grateful that I learned that. It’s hurtful being judged by someone who does not even know you a tiny bit.

25 Likes

Yeah I agree. 30s are feeing a lot smoother than my 20s :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hugs for you. I’m so sorry someone was mean and nasty and hurtful to you. I am so so sorry. You just trying to live your life and accosted like that. Big hugs for you. You have the biggest heart.

1 Like

That is hard. But they don’t know you, your journey. So why should their opinion matter? It doesn’t. Tho I would feel the same in ur shoes.

5 Likes

I"m sorry this has happened to you… Being unfairly judged says alot more about them than it does you hugs

7 Likes

@Lotusflower Yay great to have you back here :hibiscus:
That all sounds very emotionally draining, alot for you to deal with :confused:
Yes. Breathe. Just like recovery, take it all one day at a time. You are taking positive action to move onwards and upwards, :pray:

@Matt wow 3 years, its so unfortunate how long the process takes but great news that things may be progressing to the next stage for you and your wife.

@BrianP outlaws :joy: that reminds me of a joke - What’s the difference between in-laws and outlaws?” … “Outlaws are wanted.” :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth: enjoy your visit :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Easiest way out of hole is by grabbing the hand from the person trying to lift you out. You have come to a place where we are all putting our hand out.

What have you done to maintain sobriety? What isn’t working? What do you need from us?

When I first came here, I lived here. I read every thread, participated, came here when a craving hit. I asked for advice. Some I listened to, other advice…I filed away for maybe some other time.

Some other time came, and I found a recovery program.

You deserve, your are worth a sober life.

11 Likes

Good morning friends, day 579. Slept hard and still in a bit of a fog this morning. Too many meetings planned for today. I’ll survive it.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

20 Likes

Day 3. A good talk with the sponsor motivated me

13 Likes