Checking in daily to maintain focus #44

Congrats on day 1! We got this! I want to get back to the happy, healthy and creative person I was before I started drinking when I was 22. No more dumb decisions and no more hangovers!

5 Likes

Sunday Check in

318 no extra added sugar.

Sobriety is strong in this one. Thanks to all the support I get here on TS. My God and my daily gratitude work.

And Iā€™m double blessed to be going to Al-Anon meetings to work on my recovery there. I get to use the same tools in both programs. Iā€™m relapsing almost every day in the codependency department. But Iā€™m working on it. Actually I donā€™t think :thinking: I relapsed yesterday. Iā€™m grateful I get to be sober. And I get to work on myself.

Acceptance :wink: Dana
Hope. That is, hope without expectations.
Compassion for my alcoholic.
:pray::green_heart::evergreen_tree:

22 Likes

Hello guys. Made it to 1 monthā€¦ It was difficult this last week but had many learning opportunities.

I would not be here without you guys. You make my sobriety journey fun and also help me a lot. So thank youā€¦

@SadMemeQueen Hello megan. Wish you a very happy birthday. Enjoyā€¦ :partying_face::partying_face:

Bye guys. Peace.

23 Likes

Happy 30 daysā€‹:tada::tada::tada::tada:!!! Such an accomplishment. Treat yourself this sober Sunday. Together we can succeed.

1 Like

Hi All, checking in over halfway thru Day 16. My Son and Grandkids went home after a 3 hour visit. I love seeing my son, heā€™s such a good Dad and the boys are adorable.

I did think of drinking today, thought about it after they left, it was early and store is 2.2 miles down the road. Sunday used to be a day of relaxing and drinking. Every day was a drinking day, but Sunday is more relaxing and I usually started earlier. The urge has passed, I thought about what would happen if I drank, and it wasnā€™t worth it.

Todayā€™s not over, I donā€™t plan on drinking, not sure what tomorrow brings, but donā€™t plan on drinking then either. Doesnā€™t matter if youā€™re starting on Day 1 or have been sober for years, I learn from all of you each and every day. Have a great AF day! :hugs::heart::sunflower::tulip:

18 Likes

Great job Maxine !!
Just thinkā€¦ what good would it have really done to drink today ?
If I has been drinking today, as previously had been my wont, I would not have got done HALF of the work that I have managed to do this weekend ! And considering the upcoming move (double move, actually), sober is definitely the way to go !!
Goodnight all.

5 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s really down now with medication but Iā€™m really trying to be mindful as well. My latest bloods are pretty perfect and my liver within normal range and dropped 50% ALT. that made me so happy to continue this new me :heart: good luck to your mum.

4 Likes

Day 37 - Iā€™m super tired. I try to make sure I read everyoneā€™s check in before I post. I may not reply much but everyoneā€™s strength of will and ability to pick themselves up when they fall down us a large part of what keeps me going.

It was a great weekend with my son, but another guy punch when I had to drop him home. I miss him already and my addiction was waiting for my low moment.

I have not relapsed. But the thoughts are there and they are strong. Waiting for when I am at my lowest. I need some sleep. I hope you all have a great one day at a time.

19 Likes

Hi, stay strong, maybe have an early night (no idea what time it is where you are) or play the tape. Keep posting here to get you through, you can do it :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Day 50! :sunglasses:

18 Likes

WoooHooo :boom::boom::boom::boom:
Way to go Melissa!!
Congratulations on your 50 days!!!
:pray::green_heart::evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Checking in before bed on day 1,512.

Had a housewarming party this afternoon for my neighbours. Great to meet some new people and get to know people Iā€™ve said hi to a little better. We live on one of those roads where youā€™re new if you moved there in the year 2000 so want to make an effort to join in.

I put on the invites that there would be tea and soft drinks and people could bring something stronger if they prefer. One person brought their own wine. The other 20 people just had what I put out and it was fine.

So happy to do this kind of thing sober. I canā€™t imagine it any other way now to be honest. It makes me cringe to think of being tipsy and maybe tipping over into trashed. I know I used to feel I was my best after however many drinks. Yikes! I still feel like my self esteem isnā€™t the best but remembering that makes me realise how much more self confidence I have.

That is a good reflection to end the day on!

24 Likes

Great to see you Joy!! Hope you are well. :heart:

5 Likes

Day 253 AF

Working OT today.

The kids have been keeping me busy. I havenā€™t been going for walks. Been feeling lazy. Iā€™ll try to get back on it tomorrow. I havenā€™t been craving alcohol tho.

Have a great day yall!

15 Likes

I hear ur disappointment and I too would probably feel pretty defeated. But just bcuz this camping trip was a bit tough with the hiking DOESNT mean that u canā€™t hike the Tahoe Rim Trail or the Camino de Santiago. Maybe ur stamina and endurance just needs to be built upon. Meaning maybe making time a couple times of week (or whatever fits ur schedule) and work urself up to being able to hike that! Dont let urself get discouraged over a hurdle that can be changed and improved on :slight_smile: for example: I used to be run for an hour straight on the treadmill (when I was at my fittest) and could leg press 340lbs which was alot for me at that time. Do u think I could do that now? Hell no :frowning: does it bother me? Yes BUTā€¦ I can get there again! And u can get to where u want to be!!! I call them baby steps. Begin challenging urself physically alittle everyday so that eventually (sooner or later), u will get there! Challenge that character defect! :smiley: itā€™s not true my friend. U can do it!

6 Likes

Checking in
Day 132
Work is over and honestly Iā€™m soo glad. I am so dehydrated from working in my clients suite in the middle of the summer, with a winter hat on and a thick padded bite jacket on. Her suite was hot bcuz she was cold and thatā€™s fine, she can adjust the temp. But I was roasting. We went outside and she started trying to attack staff/Neighbour vehicles so we had to block her form everyoneā€™s cars. Grabbed my coworkers bite jacket on the way back and tried to attack her so I had to separate her from my coworker. I felt bad for her as it must not be easy with her mental health and intellectual disability. I really donā€™t take it personally but at the same time I do get tired. I put my all into supporting my clients. They deserve the best quality of life they can have. I do have to say that being clean and sober really improves my job performance. I can be screamed at and thrown stuff at and called names, grabbed, blocked, charged at and attacked and I still surprisingly stay so calm and neutral. Itā€™s like it doesnā€™t phase me anymore. Struggling to go to work ij the past not feeling my best really put me on edge I guess and I was alot more jumpy or aomething. I burnt out quicker I guess ud say. Today I am grateful for my recovery, grateful for u all, grateful for this day and for being alive! :orange_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart::heart:

18 Likes

So good to see you Joy! Hope youā€™re doing well. Big hugs.

1 Like

Day 685

Now we are regularly hitting the 35C mark I have my usual summer blues in not being brave enough to wear short sleeves at work because of my sh scars. They are noticable but not terrible, but I just worry about the studentsā€™ and colleaguesā€™ possible change of attitude to me, and talking about me behind my back. Makes me feel crappy every year. Crappy and sweaty.

15 Likes

ā€¦1556. Day 2 of camping. Only sobriety brought me here. Something I remind myself daily.

12 Likes

I miss everyone so much! I have been reading through the daily check-ins and some other threads but I honestly donā€™t have the energy to respond to everybody, although I truly wish I did. This covid really kicked my ass!
I read some posts about other people having it and it not affecting them too badly which Iā€™m super happy to hear, but itā€™s frustrating that for me it has made me so sick even after my vaccines.
Iā€™m definitely starting to feel better than I was, but Iā€™m extremely exhausted. I want everyone to know that Iā€™m still here and I still think of everybody and when I read the posts and see your familiar names I feel at home and more peaceful.
Sending love to you allā™„ļø

18 Likes