Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

Congratulations on your 1400 ODAATs Claudia!!
I hope you have a fantastic evening.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

4 Likes

Good afternoon all checking in on day 334! Beautiful day out so I will be outside for most of it. Hope everyone has a great day and stays safe!

24 Likes

Preach!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations @SoberWalker Claudia on 1400 days! Hope youā€™re staying cool over there.

Congratulations @HillbillyChris Chris on 11 months! Keep it up!

3 Likes

Resetting is tough @Miranda, I reset a few days ago as well. But the important thing is you are back and being honest about it.

It must be so tough to be around people who drink all the time. We are social creatures and you are going to be influenced by those around you in both positive and negative ways.

Rather than thinking about things in the long term maybe just think about today and what you are going to do next. Get a clean day under your belt and go from there.

We are all here doing this one day at a time. We are with you.

7 Likes

Hey Miranda :wave:
Good to see you again.
This shit really is hard. Duh :roll_eyes: I believe you really want to change and not drink. The first few months were very difficult for me. Extremely difficult. I was extremely angry. But I just knew I had to stop. I had to. It was killing me. Fat drunk and hungover is not how I want to approach my bronze years.

Then COVID hit hard and we couldnā€™t go anywhere. That actually helped me. If we hadnā€™t had this pandemic I donā€™t know if Iā€™d be sober now. I was force to change and I guess isolate. I donā€™t knowā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m just sad to see you struggling. And I know you want this.

Now hereā€™s the part I drop a thread on you in case you havenā€™t seen it yet or forgot about it. And of course a slogan.

if nothing changes
Nothing changes

And weā€™re the only ones that can change.
:pray:t2::heart:

11 Likes

Glad your back Miranda!

4 Likes

Day 4 - I decided yesterday to do my check ins at the end of each sober day rather than the start as it feels more positive that way.

Today has been a reasonably good day. Iā€™ve been tired, but not too hard on myself. It was a long work day but I work flexible hours so it means I can pick the kids up from school tomorrow and not have to worry about catching up on hours.

I must admit Iā€™ve not done much recovery work today, in terms of being present with my feelings but I think tonight is a good chance to do that.

I hope you all have a good sober day.

13 Likes

Day 302 checking in :pray:t2:

12 Likes

Iā€™m sorry friend but that made me chuckle. I feel -indeed, I donā€™t think but I feel these days, at least I try my darnest to- thatā€™s exactly what youā€™re not to do, to think about it. Let it flow, let it go, stop thinking, enjoy, feel, experience, LIVE!!!

You can do it. Actually the majority of the therapy I did for me was exactly this: to learn to recognise my feelings and to not analyse everything and anything to death. I both think and feel your therapist might try and help you here a little bit instead of giving you homework. This is hard stuff for us who have lived in our heads for so long. But the gains are huge Matt. Time to live in your body too. And your soul. Hugs.

8 Likes

I definitely will! Nice to meet you @Mindymoo . I am Flannery :blush::blush:

1 Like

I love this!

Hello. I was worried about todayā€¦ I was leaving my current job, which was emotional, itā€™s my last day of term (Iā€™m a teacher). I would usually use that as an excuse to go out and get obliterated. Not today. I took my family out for dinner. It was nice. Now Iā€™m home and sober. Iā€™m ready for the start of a new chapter, both at work and in my outlook to my life. My first sober end of term. 17 days today. Feeling proud of myself. Going to celebrate with a Yorkie bar, a lemonade and a movie. @Frank68 I couldnā€™t agree moreā€¦ I love a nap, having children doesnā€™t allow itā€¦ but one day when I get that nap, it will be the best nap in the world.

12 Likes

Hi, no worries

Itā€™s nice to have another outlet to share about her. She has her appt today at 3pm. Itā€™s 12:30 my time. Feeling a little anxious. I havenā€™t yet shared with my son the situation because well I am waiting on this appt. My son is 15 and he has shared a lot of time with my grandma as well. My daughter is only 6 so she may not grasp the totality of the situation nevertheless they both have to know. They may see me cry here and there as I tend to be very emotional about my grandma so I want them to know that I will be ok but we do sometimes have to cry about the sad things. I am hoping itā€™s positive news. Hoping for treatment and hopefully recovery. Good willing but only he knows.

6 Likes

Congratulations on staying strong Alison! Good luck with that new chapter of your life! :relaxed:

Thank you sweetheart :hugs:

Hope itā€™s good news

1 Like

Hi guys, Kat here, Day 46 from benadryl/alcohol relapse and 351 days from meth pills.

Have had a great day cleaned kitchen and did laundry, then took new dog to dog park. Took him over to ex #2ā€™s place to meet the 3 younger kids (14,12, and 8). Much love all round. Then took the youngest 2 to dog park with dog and then they wanted to go to Petsmart and buy the dog some treats lol. It was a lot of fun. Fun I could Not be having while using, thatā€™s for sure.

Just really happy and grateful today.

Love
Kat

13 Likes

Checking in at the end of Day 8. I am seriously grumpy. Not sure why, just one of those things I think, possibly as I have slept badly recently. Could do with England equalising though.

Havenā€™t been able to read properly as quite a busy day but seems like others are struggling too. Sending strength to everyone.

11 Likes

I am really upset. I am at my parents house and I talked with my little sister who is 18 and she was 4 when I started usingā€¦ I was trying to talk to her and say ā€œI will always be here for you when you need itā€ etc but ā€¦. She wasnā€™t very interested. I finally told her ā€œI feel like I will never be enough for this familyā€¦ I will never make it rightā€ and then she went into saying how much I messed up her entire childhoodā€¦ all of the attention was on me. Idk what else but all this shit and I didnā€™t have anything to say back to her because I knew I couldnā€™t change itā€¦ I was powerless over this situationā€¦ I donā€™t feel good. I had the thought that I wanted to go and use because I am hurtā€¦ she said some things that were maybe true but they were hurtful. She said she didnā€™t like the person I turned into in recovery ā€¦ I feel pretty humble rn to know that I was a shitty person and even though I am clean I am not perfectā€¦ I want to feel better but it was a reality check that I still need to make amends and to know that some people might not accept themā€¦ and I have to be ok w that and donā€™t pick up no matter what. I am on the 3rd step
And I have to go over it w
My sponsor still but yeahā€¦ it sucks to see how much damage I did in my family because of my diseaseā€¦ I just want us to be healed but it is what it is. Acceptance is key

17 Likes