Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

I hear you. I’m sorry it’s been tough. I’m here and am sure anyone else on that thread would be too if you want to post there or PM me any time.

1 Like

The word God used to bother me alot also many years ago when I attended 12 step meetings. I almost didn’t want to continue going although what good would that do? The only person that this would be hurting was myself. I would be losing that opportunity to perhaps learn from that meeting, whatever I was meant to learn. Over time l became more open minded in recovery. I have learned alot from many diff religions and non religions. There are many ways that people recover. It was also suggested to me to change the wording. So when people would say God, I would in my mind focus on a word that I COULD relate to such as Higher Power or Good Orderly Directon or whatever. I made it so that I could still be engaged in what was being said and I could learn from that person wether they mentioned the word God or not. There is sooo much to learn in recovery and everyone has something to contribute wether they have God in their lives or not :slight_smile: just a thought ad maybe that would help ease that word for you

5 Likes

Day 133 of no self harm.

This cymbalta withdrawal has brought me to a rock bottom after 2 days. I have been crying on and off all day. I can barely stay awake during the day because I’m so exhausted from feeling sick. I’m borderline about to quit my 3 week old job because I’m so sick and I can’t do anything but lay here and try not to keep throwing up. I can’t even have my camera on in meetings because I’m walking away at least every hour to go to the bathroom. I can’t stop shaking and I can’t sleep for long because I wake up from nausea. I called my doctor begging for some solutions but he said it could last for months and there is long term withdrawal symptoms for 44% of patients. I never would’ve taken this medication if I knew. I start actually taking calls for my job Friday but I can’t do that. I can’t like this. I’m crying over everything. And my job is such a mess and so unorganized right now. I’m ready to quit but if I quit I don’t know that I’ll find another job. I don’t know what to do. I’ve never been so desperate

11 Likes

Here’s my new hobby besides drinking. I’ve been working on it a lot, last night was watching the new episode of Better Call Saul while working on it, and I was getting triggered. The only thing I could connect, was I’ve drank through all 6.5 seasons, this was the 1 episode sober. And the fact that I’m still on day 31 for (what feels like) the 3rd day. IDK. Powering through :blue_heart:

@Cjp most of the left side is done. I’m finding diamonds everywhere, too bad they’re not real. :blush:

14 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Evening Check in :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Day 148
My evening honestly was really good. I haven’t had a nice evening like this with hubby in a while. Idk if it was me opening up to him earlier about the appreciation that I have for him, but I am making it a goal of mine to focus more on repairing some relationships. Looking at my part and to stop pointing the finger and blaming others. Like they say, “When you point a finger at someone, 3 fingers are pointing back at u”. I also had an amazing experience today talking with someone on TS. I actually opened up about something that I have never really had the opportuity to share. I have never told anyone about a situation that has really hurt me to the core. This forum is truly incredible. It truly makes sense to me how we can do this together. Learning from one another, allowing everyone to just have a place to open up and to gain diff perspectives on situations. It opens my eyes and it allows me to be of service (to give back) but also heal as well. I really feel like today was empowering for me and like I’ve reached some sort of turning point. I’m not sure yet. I still have to process some things. But I’m grateful to be where I am today :pray:

14 Likes

If you haven’t checked out Dharma Recovery, it’s also a really interesting take that isn’t god focused. One of our mods started a thread and I’ve enjoyed it and am starting to read some of the book.

I don’t think anyone should have to fit in a predetermined box but there are definitely good things out there that can be helpful for recovery that aren’t god focused.

8 Likes

Day 269 AF

Busy work day.

Nothing new today. Staying busy with the kiddos. Gonna go for a walk in a bit.

@Bones_80 congrats on 90 days. Some days seem longer and slower than others, but they build up. Time will pass, bro. ODAAT

@Misokatsu congrats on 700 days.

@Charlie_C Costco is the spot.

@felipeandrews congrats on 4 months. Feel better, bro.

@Lovelyoutlook congrats on 30 days. That’s huge. Those days were brutal for me.

@DryIn785 I made a mistake by not rewatching the Stranger Things seasons. I was a little lost on season 4 lol. I’m like…who’s that again?

Congrats to everyone else on here. We’re killing it, fam.

Have a good evening!

14 Likes

Checking in on day 396 sober. Really glad to be sober right now, because there is a lot going on. I’ve been paying closer attention to my thoughts these days and notice how they quickly get carried off meandering down some garden path of hypothetical situations. I have been trying to let that go. Hope you all are doing well.

14 Likes

Wow you are making hella progress! Lookin good :+1:

2 Likes

Hey @maxwell , yes the melatonin plus does not seem to affect my dreams or make me feel off in any way but I did feel like the reason I didn’t like the tranquil sleep is because it did make me have weird dreams and I felt a little groggy in the morning. I think that the melatonin plus is only available in Canada so I’m not sure where you are.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re having such a hard time with this. I’m hoping that it is going to be short-lived. This is Wednesday. I’m hoping that you’ll feel better by Friday. I’m going to think positive and success for you. Keep checking in and let us know how you’re feeling. I’m sorry that it’s so rough for you. It just sounds like the pits and hopefully it will soon be over and you will be on to a good path.

1 Like

@cjp thank you so much for your well wishes

@Mindymoo thanks lovely!! Rooting for you too let’s go :wink::muscle:t3:.

3 Likes

Yaaaaaay!!! :partying_face::heartpulse::heartpulse:

4 Likes

Thank you :blush:. I appreciates everyone’s support and encouragement here. Has been amazing to have this community.

3 Likes

I’m in the US. I bought Olly brand Melatonin. Now that I look at it it has that and L-Theanine & Botanicals, which is chamomile, passionflower & lemon balm.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry what you’re going through! Cymbalta sounded familiar so I checked my meds and I take the generic of it. Why did they take you off? I’m sorry, you may have said previously. They can’t give you something else?

2 Likes

Yeah cymbalta is what I’m coming off of, I was put on venlafaxine

1 Like

I take Duloxetine which is the generic of Cymbalta. Does the new one take awhile to start working, why did they switch? I read they are similar but different. And you shouldn’t be on cymbalta if you drink or have HBP (high blood pressure) I had both when it was prescribed. Again, sorry if you talked about this already, I hate to hear you’re going through withdrawals without your doctors help.

Way to go L. :hugs:

Thirty Freaking Days :boom::boom::boom:

I almost missed this.
I’m so glad you’re here.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 60 days Colin.
Better late than never.
Great job man!!! :boom::boom::boom:
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

2 Likes