Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

Oh interesting! We had covid about 4 weeks ago. I should check then! Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if Google would know haha my pharmacist I don’t think knows that we had it. I can’t recall if I told her :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

@Butterflymoonwoman Thank you so much. Don’t know why but means so much to me when someone I don’t even know says they are proud. Really kind words and really appreciate them. Wishing you a lovely and wonderful day :pray::blush:

4 Likes

Okay guys I have to come out and be completely honest. I had a friend over for dinner I told her I wasn’t drinking but I bought some alcohol free wine. She decided to bring her own vodka coolers, which I thought would be fine but I decided “okay I’m going to have a glass of alcohol free wine then” and as soon as I had a sip I wanted something more so I added a half a shot of vodka… Saying it out loud makes me think I need to reset, but that’s all I had… I really didn’t feel affected and I really feel like if I reset my timer is going to affect my motivation to keep going so I think I’m NOT going to reset. I just want you guys to know. Please feel free to share your opinion. I feel like if this is just one little blip and it doesn’t affect me further I’m just going to keep going with my clock. If I slip again (even just a little bit) I promise to be honest with myself and reset, even if it’s the same amount because I know it can snowball quickly. I’m also going to make sure I get rid of that vodka because my husband said he already did but he just hid it and I found it… He didn’t hide it that well.!

6 Likes

Google told me (:rofl:) that I can get my booster shot as long as I don’t have symptoms, which I don’t. But I will clarify with the pharmacist as she is the one giving it to me

1 Like

Maybe each province has different suggestions. I would just phone a nurses hotline or at least tell them before you get your shot.

1 Like

I’m so proud of you for being honest and open about what happened. I will share what my opinion is based on if I was in ur shoes. Honestly… I would reset my timer. But I say that bcuz of the intention behind the drink. If it was an honest accident where I truly didn’t know what I was drinking (say someone served me a drink by accident and I took a sip) then I wouldn’t reset bcuz my intention to drink wasn’t there. But… I’ll be honest Miranda amd plz don’t be mad at me :frowning:

This sounds like justification to me. I have done this before where I have used a less harmful drug or used a lesser amount of my DOC than I normally would, and then bcuz I felt bad about it, I would try to justify my using.

I think in ur heart u know what the answer is. We often have the answers within us already but our mind plays games with us. You obviously have the choice in determining what to do about ur timer. I can understand how it could potentially effect ur motivation. But at the same time, if u truly in ur heart feel like it was a minor slip, then continuing on (without a reset) may end up having some negative effect mentally and emotionally on u. And again that’s speaking from my own experience. When I lied about my slip a long time ago, I was so embarassed and guilty etc that I was trying to convince myself that it wasn’t really a slip. When I’d reach milestones, I felt sooo bad bcuz I knew in my heart that it wasn’t true. And that dishonesty actually made me relapse again :frowning: we are different people of course and I’m not saying that will happen to u. But I’m just wanting to share that so that u have all the information u need to make the decision that’s right for u :slight_smile: hugs my friend. I’m glad ur posting about this and asking for opinions :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Absolutely I will! Thank u so much :slight_smile:

I’m not mad at you at all and I appreciate your honesty :purple_heart::heart:

4 Likes

That’s :100: how I felt. How can others keep up, what’s wrong with me. It was so overwhelming.

You wrote it beautifuly and makes me feel better. You’re so right, I’m not offended if someone doesn’t respond to me, there’s so many wonderful people here that help. Thanks Miranda, I hope you have a great day and weekend! :heart: :hugs:

4 Likes

I realize it wasn’t alot that u drank and u didn’t feel anything at all from it… but at the same time, I wonder why the need was there to add it? What do u think? What caused u to add that shot of Vodka in there? Alcoholism is very sneaky and I always found that once I add any sort of substance into my system, it releases the addiction all over again. Sometimes it’s not very obvious at 1st but it usually shows itself sooner than later. I just really care for u Miranda :slight_smile: I truly hope that ur Friday is amazing! Hugs to u!

5 Likes

This seems to be a common feeling for a lot of members in their first few months here. I know for me I had finally found my people. I understood them and they understood me. I wanted so bad to feel a sense of connection and that part of me that was still very insecure felt a bit of desperation when I thought I wasn’t making it happen. I was then filled with anxiety and negative self talk, slowly I started to see it for what it was… my diseased mind. The forum is an amazing tool to use and a way in which we can see our progress unfold before our own eyes, but, it can also work against us. What has been my saving grace is just letting go, and not getting too caught up in the surface stuff. When I concentrate on the meat and potatoes I feel the most satisfied. :yum:

Super glad youre here and thanks for your honesty.

:orange_heart: :seedling: :dizzy:

9 Likes

It’s kinda like if you were to have caught your fiancé kissing your bridesmaid the morning of your wedding. It fucks everything up.

11 Likes

LoL, but very true. Reset happening now💜

12 Likes

Love u lady :slight_smile: get right back on track! Huge hugs being sent ur way

1 Like

Hi Miranda, here’s how I would look at it if it was me. If I didn’t reset, I would always have it in the back of my mind with every milestone and it would take away from that and bother me. I’ve often thought about ‘who would know’ but I always came back to, I would. You came clean here, and I think you know the answer.

Only my opinion on Day 2. :hugs:

10 Likes

This fight you have signed up for is with the heavy weight champ. Addiction doesn’t mess around and you have had a taste of that. If you want to win this fight you have to mean business and be strict with yourself. No loop holes because addiction will find them everytime. You are starting to put some really good things into place, and your addict is going to push back so stay strong. Keep hitting those meetings, keep hooking in here, reaching out to recovering addicts via text :wink:. One thing I learned was I couldn’t make any wise choices for myself for at least a year. So I asked other addicts in recovery BEFORE i made a decision that could have put my recovery in danger. We want you to succeed we want you to have a beautiful life.

Keep coming back.
:heart:

11 Likes

Good morning everyone! DAY 11 without weed and I realized how emotionally unstable I was. I am grateful to work with the people I do who understand my struggle because I probably would’ve already been fired. I’ve been overreacting at work at the most simplest problems that could’ve been avoided. My boss has given me ideas of approaching situations without any emotional conflict. Then the guilt of admitting that I was wrong had me crying at work. I hated crying infront of people. But once again I am determined to keep myself in check before overreacting. This journey is definitely an emotional struggle.

12 Likes

Thanks so much for reaching out … just learning how to live life one day at a time . I never did things the right way or grown up way so many things seem new to me . Everything will come together I hope

5 Likes

Got myself a few soberversary gifts

30 Likes

Hey man any recommendations in Ireland. My sister is heading there in a fee days.