Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

Wow congratulations @C_8 thats a HUGE AMAZING NUMBER YAY!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

This is awesome to hear @Piglet86 keep up the good work Iā€™m proud of you!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 year!

Canā€™t believe its already been a year. This morning I was thinking how I used to not be able to go a single day without drinking and now Iā€™m measuing sobriety in years. Itā€™s incredible how much better life got when alcohol was removed from my life.

I spent the better part of 5 years attempting to get sober. It wasnt until I was honest with myself and everyone in my life about the extent of my drinking that I was able to commit to recovery.

I know its clichƩ but if I can do it, anyone can do it.

I hope everyone has a great sober day and much love!

28 Likes

Huge congratulations Brian on 3 months!! You genuinely look soo happy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow!! Blake congratulations on 1 whole year :clap: This is absolutely incredible work!

Congrats one 1 year!! :muscle: :smiley:

:high_brightness: Morning Check in :high_brightness:
Day 159
On my way to work this beautiful Saturday. Hoping for a good shift.
Hope everyone has an addiction free day!
:tulip::sparkles::butterfly:

16 Likes

tenor_gif1894572903804038871_8319598632776831
Congratulations Brian!!!

3 Likes

@maxwell havent heard much from you the past couple days. I hope you are still slaying sober days

Oh I can relate! I like to have a plan too and it causes some anxiety when my family likes to ā€œwing itā€. Good for you for being flexible. Itā€™s so good for your kids and Iā€™m sure they had a great timeā™„ļø

1 Like

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!:partying_face:

1 Like

Hey guys!

Checking in here today. Hope youā€™re all keeping lovely.

7 Likes

Hope everyone is doing good Iā€™m living life and feeling awesome trying to build a network and get a sponsor clean since March 9th and I feel amazing the sky is the limit one day at a time on to the top of the mountain :mountain:

14 Likes

Thank you!

Being there and being present is the best thing we can give our children. They will never forget it!

3 Likes

I read that the more we say no to an urge, that they lessen over time. We have to re teach our brain not to get rewarded when we act on an urge. That we need to sit with the urge and be present. Figure out what thoughts, circumstances or feelings that are triggering the urge. Learn new coping mechanisms to deal with the trigger and change our thoughts about the circumstance. This is what I have been trying to practice.

7 Likes

This is it!! This is exactly what I did too. Very much on retraining the brain :slight_smile: u know whatā€™s interestingā€¦ and ur post just made me think of itā€¦ is when u said:

I actually found that overtime, my brain gets rewarded the satisfaction of not using. There was such excitement and pride for me in being able to not use. Theres almost a natural high to staying clean and sober. At 1st it was tough to really retrain the brain to not getting what it wants (alcohol/drugs). But then at some point I got a natural rush over not using and experiencing life for what it is. I absolutely think ur on the right track :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi Everyone, Iā€™m checking in on day 42. Works been super busy and my down time Iā€™m glueing tiny rocks to a sticky board, canā€™t stop :grimacing:. Iā€™m on my 2nd one.

Iā€™m so behind here, but I havenā€™t even seriously thought of drinking. Iā€™m over 200 behind on meme wars and on the check in site, I canā€™t keep up. I got overwhelmed trying.

Going to try to get a couple things done today, but honestly, if I take a shower, I will be calling it a win :star_struck::trophy:. Iā€™m thinking of all of you and hope you have an amazing day/evening/night! :hugs::heart::pray::tulip:

18 Likes

Had to start my pmo clock over :pensive: soā€¦. Day 0
Day 142 clean of self harm! Still going strong on that route!

9 Likes

This is for all my friends in the community that helped me get to 42, wouldnā€™t have happened without you! :hugs: And for everyone that had I milestone that I missed.:neutral_face:

tenor-2

11 Likes