Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

Thank you Eric , :four_leaf_clover::pray::dizzy::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Mno :raised_hands::dizzy::revolving_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Major congratulations! So glad to have been with you on this journey since the beginning! Ups and downs for us both. You’ve done an amazing job. So happy for you and I hope you are proud! :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

5 Likes

Brilliant! Congratulations! Wonderful changes are happening and I am so happy for you :purple_heart:.

4 Likes

Day 10082

Well, I woke up this morning to find all my poor angelfish deceased except one and she isn’t likely to make it either. I’m really sad about it. They gave me serenity during hard times. I’m going to miss my babies.

I decided to get really real with you today. As I told you before I’m in process of finding out if I have lung cancer. I’m going through pretty violent swings of emotions and such. But here is my biggest issue. I’m still a smoker. I gave up booze, meth and weed. That was a cakewalk compared to nicotine. Talk about an emotional crutch. I’d like to quit but I run from why bother now all the way to well it’s your fault, what did you expect. Honestly, I never relapsed on quitting my drug addiction but have relapsed so many times on cigs that I completely understand how folk feel when they reset here. It’s so hard. But I’m thinking of NOT going to the store today and buying a new pack and starting an accountability timer on here. Perhaps using that and having you all at my back I can do it this time.

Sitting out back in the Florida room watching nature. I saw two squirrels arguing with a woodpecker a bit ago. The squirrels won :joy:

Got my one eyed cat curled up in my lap and the chihuahuas are chasing each other around our 3/4 acre backyard. Grandson’s dog is at my feet with his head on them. It’s funny how animals are so in tune with us. They are giving me so much love lately and following me from room to room.

I found this app a few months ago and the miracle of recovery has given me so many people here that I cherish and memories to hold tight to. I find strength here when I have none. Thank you for being here for me. :heart:

24 Likes

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear about your babies. I always loved how angelfish looked, they were one of my favorites growing up. Be kind to yourself as you grieve. And sending strength to you in kicking the cigs! I know there’s a thread on here for people quitting nicotine, if that is something that might help support you in that effort.

Quitting cigarettes

4 Likes

Congratulations on you ten ODAATs Claire.
I’m glad you’re here.
:pray:t2::heart::older_man:

2 Likes

Thank you!! I didn’t know about that one :heart:

2 Likes

Love u girl!!! Thank u for the post!! I’m so grateful that u have always been so supportive to me. The times ud talk to me when I was soo down or feeling just awful. I remember those times well and I’m really thankful for u… I truly am :tulip: I always learn soo much from u and ur posts and I appreciate that and am sooo proud of u also!

1 Like

Thank you Eric!!! I really appreciate the post and gif!!! That means alot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Jenny!!! I really appreciate the support and congratulations :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Happy 6 sober months Dana! You’re a true inspiration on here. I’m always so glad I get to read your posts. :slight_smile:

Lots of love! :heart::heart::raised_hands::raised_hands::fireworks::fireworks:

5 Likes

42 days free of gambling, my brain chemistry has started to reset and repair and urges are almost gone. When I get one I am strong enough to resist.

Feel fantastic and absolutely flying!

19 Likes

Congratulations to your 2nd anniversary! :tada: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :tada:

5 Likes

Starting day 7… yesterday was the worst so far and it started off so good. ;(

15 Likes

Day 107 here.
A lot of mulling things over going on here. An alcoholic former friend keeps emailing (I blocked him on every other channel) to ask if I’d like to meet for coffee and a chat. I made it clear that I want nothing to do with him unless he’s in recovery, but still he asks.
I’m also feeling frustrated about my parents’ drinking and again ruminating a lot.
I got the Insight Timer app after it was mentioned here several times. So far I really like it.
The kids are back at school on Wednesday so the next couple of days are just about getting ready for that. I’ll give my son a haircut and my daughter has been parading about in her new uniform. Lovely to see!

20 Likes

Hi everyone,

3 weeks today. I had some busy week and didn’t have time to be here as much as I like to.
Now today I have some rest and the urge to get some drink is immense. Oh man a hard one today but we must stay strong.

Everyone have a great day

15 Likes

Hello and thank you all for your good wishes.
@Piglet86 well done on 51. :full_moon_with_face: @Sunny11 2 years is great mate :+1:
@KatoBaggels 27 days :clap:
@Juli1 well done on day 24 your food diary looks brilliant.:clap:
@Nordique 792 :+1:
@Claire_Quit congratulations on double figures :clap:
@SassyBoomer sorry to hear about your fish. Nobody ever suffered worse health because of quitting smoking. Dont give up giving up. You can and will find a way. You are always here to offer good advice and listen to others problems. :full_moon_with_face:
@Deelzebub well into your fourth month great going :+1:

12 Likes

Day 6 :hibiscus:
Have a wonderful day :relaxed::cherry_blossom:
:rose::heart::rose::heart::rose:

18 Likes

I will send some pictures, no worries :sweat_smile::nazar_amulet:

2 Likes