Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

@SassyBoomer u are doing SO well on being nicotine free!! Proud of u!!
@Hannahmay345 welcome Hannah to the forum! Glad ur here :slight_smile:
@Lovelyoutlook it’s nice to see u posting and I’m happy that ur still doing well. Sounds like uv made some huge progress overall in recovery :slight_smile:
@Hayleylujah a huge congratulations on ur new position!! That sounds like fun! What will ur job entail?
@Menna congratulations on 10 days!!! Way to go my friend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi everyone. This is my day 59. I never thought I would reach 60 days completely sober. I just wanted to share. It’s. It easy for me at all and everyday is a struggle but I’m so proud of myself!

18 Likes

Sorry meant it’s not easy for me lol

3 Likes

Checking in on day 19
Just caught up on the workout challenge, I’m leaving the (crazy people) burpee challenge for another day! :sweat_smile:
Tomorrow it’s my Friday, one day to go and the weekend will be here! Monday I have an appointment with my therapist, not looking much forward to that… he wants to “dig a bit more into my personal history”… :worried:
Another day sober and smoke free on the books though! :blush::footprints:

16 Likes

Checking in.
5 months today!! So grateful to be on this journey of recovery. I feel like a whole person for the first time in forever. :pray::grin:

12 Likes

Welcome Hannah and @Lovelylisha !!!

Welcome to the forum! 2022

3 Likes

Day 6 - I am back at the house I am staying at with my boy tonight. I dropped my step daughter off with her Dad and Step mum but will be picking her up again tomorrow to take her and my boy to to a women’s football match. It will be the first football match they will see live and first time at a stadium so I am really looking forward to taking them.

The week we had away was really special for me. As I mentioned in the last couple of check in’s I’ve really reconnected with my family which has been one of the silver linings of my seperation. We created memories together this week and tomorrow we will create a few more.

I didn’t sleep particularly well last night as my anxiety reared its ugly head just before I went to sleep. But I talked to my parents about what was worrying me and that helped. I was fretting about the flat purchase.

I have found a podcast about anxiety and it identified a number of different thought patterns that lead to anxiety. The one I remember best is “catastrophising”. That is to say when your mind spirals down a series of what it’s (inevitably all bad). By being able to name the way I am thinking the anxiety has reduced a bit. I am going to pick the podcast back up when I get back to work as it is really helpful.

I hope you all have a good sober day.

12 Likes

Day 139

Short one today but been thinking; based on the way I’m feeling old mood swings returning, going to talk to my psych about raising my Lamictal dose again. He already mentioned it thankfully, but I think now’s the time.
I’m doing all the extras to help but it’s still kicking back into extra aggressive and reactive again, so I need to be quick with my response to this.
Just for reference I’m currently Dx’d with Bipolar 1; possibly adhd as well but getting that assessment next month.
Keeping myself as grounded as possible for the time being

14 Likes

I’m having the usual boring day; woke up too early, made breakfast, etc. Cooled off finally but rainy all morning and just wanted to go back to bed. Dragged myself out long enough to pick up my asthma inhalers. Binge watching some Netflix (sense8 is awesome!) and probably going to take a nap. I’ll write more later, I just wanted to say hello. Hello!

13 Likes

Checking in, some 1,420something days sober.

Feeling bleh…

Summer is almost over and I’m getting concerned because I still haven’t shaken my annual winter depression. :flushed:

I recently went on a 6 day backpacking adventure deep in the Cascade mountains. It was awesome. Life was simple; wake up, eat and walk. As long as I had a place to lay my head at the end of the day then all was right in the world. 6 days of no news, no politics, no internet, no TV, no chores, no responsibilities…

Now, it’s back to life and I’m having a hard time adjusting. I wish I could stay lost forever.

Hopefully the winter blues will go away soon, just in time to return. :pensive:

29 Likes

@Hayleylujah You must have made one awesome impression if they created a job just for you! Nice Work!
@Lovelylisha Welcome to TS! My personal advice for the wedding? Wish them well immediately after the ceremony then bounce.
@SassyBoomer I swear I’m going to join you any day now…

I’ve spent much of the last week and a half doing that; it drives one crazy, doesn’t it? I can’t wait to get back to work.

@Twizzlers I discovered the weirdest think for getting to sleep. While meditating, think about the word “thinking” as you exhale. Don’t ask me why it works. I’ve no idea. As far as smoking goes, I wish I could’ve quit both together. As hard as it is to quit drinking, smoking is definitely harder. Can’t wait to get those damn patches.

Well said. Although I’m pretty sure I don’t really need a half gallon of ice cream for lunch. :roll_eyes:
@Butterflymoonwoman I occasionally have to sleep on the loveseat. My breathing acts up sometimes where I’m suffocating lying down, so I have to try to sleep sitting up. And of course I’m more tired when I wake up. Hang in there!

Day almost 11
Sun came out finally, which in Kansas means the humidity is going to be a nightmare for the next 3 days. Maybe tomorrow I’ll get to go on a hike.
I had a decision to make earlier going to get my inhalers. Wait 30 minutes for the #12 bus, which stops directly where I’m going or get on the #10 now and walk about 6 blocks. I had my umbrella, so I decided to walk. And then I became aware of my pace. “You march everywhere like you’re 15 minutes late. Just. Walk.” I told myself.
Never been very good at mindfulness but I did enjoy my outing. Till laters, :v:

8 Likes

Good luck with your surgery, I had been taking meds from the dr for sleep, but I’m trying the natural route atm.

2 Likes

Yes I use the ‘thinking’ concept too !! And it really does work. I read it in a book.
I just for back from a swim a while ago, which I’m so glad I went to. Hoping it will help me sleep better too.

You have quit drinking thats amazing, dont do anything that will jeopardise that.
The only reason I quit smoking is I couldn’t drink wine without smoking so it kind of aided my quiting alcohol.
It is definitely very hard, I still get strong cravings for cigarettes but the patches really take the edge off and help stop irritability. I also used the gum and the lozenges and mouth spray (not all at same time) and they help for when you really are craving bad. Good luck with it, but dont put too much pressure on yourself there are stuff out there to help you with it.

3 Likes

Maybe just a cup!!
Lately I have been enjoying more ice cream as well.
I love soft serve!!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I will be delivering therapeutic arts activities to people experiencing loneliness and isolation. I will pick activities that will explore their circumstances and worries or fears and build up their self esteem and confidence through recognising their strengths and aspirations so they hopefully feel more able to take part in other community activities and maybe some volunteering. Can’t wait to start x thanks again :blush:

7 Likes

How I love this. Congratulations in your new job and role.

3 Likes

Thank you so much :blush: I thought I did terrible but they said they were really impressed. That’s yrs of addictions stolen my self belief. This is one step forward to reclaiming it. Thanks again :blush:

4 Likes

You’re welcome. I know what it’s like struggling with self belief. We’ll make it though. :hugs:

4 Likes

143 days :sparkles:
Wel yesterday was probably the first time in this sobriety stint that I’ve felt a really huge emotion and been completely overcome with it. I didn’t do great, but I guess I could have done worse and drank about it, or binge ate, and I didn’t do those things.
My son was suspended at school yesterday for swearing at a teacher, so I was pretty stressed coming home, then I realise he did none of his chores before school and the kitchen was a big mess with all of his breakfast dishes and un washed dishes he was asked to take care of.
So I began trying to clean them, and my hot water wasn’t working. Walked outside and the system is full of water. On a Friday night. I call someone out for a few, to tel me they would fix it for 5 thousand au bux. Just trying to completely rip me off. It was a hard pass.
But holy shit I was so angry. Like each thing kinda added ontop of each other, I was so hungry and was supposed to put together a nice meal after a long day at work, I’d been awake since 4am, and I was just raging hangry.
I ended up eating some toast and putting myself to bed after kinda cursing into the void and scaring my husband a tad. I do y really get that worked up very often.
Anyway. It’s a new day. Going to try get a work friend to do a better price on a new hot water system. And lose the money I’ve been working hard to save :frowning:
It happens I guess.
I’ve got the gym this morning, there’s nice warm showers there, that’s a positive haha.

18 Likes

Sorry to hear about that rough day. Those days are hard and they royally suck.

You did good. It sucked, but you still did good.

4 Likes