Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

Huh. Sorry it’s night in my phone apparently.

Just finished a cuppa Sleepy Time. It’s doing it’s thing now. :sleeping:

2 Likes

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

So exciting for you! :heart:

2 Likes

You make me cry often… tears of joy.
Thank you.
:heart:

3 Likes

Oh Dana, what a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing (hugs).

3 Likes

Great insight @Deelzebub - thanks for sharing.

We only work with children who are 1 month old to 6 years old so it didn’t make make sense to me either. But I suppose it could happen

1 Like

Day 177 without self harm . TW for mentions of sexual abuse at the end of the post

Had my first day at work today! I’ll admit it was A LOT and very exhausting. I got sent to work in the 1 year old section. 2 people (including me) are taking care of 9 one year olds. It’s a lot. We also have a biter. She bit two kids today (drawing blood on one) and then another kid saw that she was biting and then he bit 2 other kids as well. They did lots of crying.

As much as my back hurts, and as tired as I am, I loved it at the same time. Changing diapers and feeding times were exhausting but then there was points were i just got to play with them which was an amazing way to wind down. They all seemed to really like me. I had about 5 different kids trying to cuddle with me at the same time at one point.

I can really see myself doing this long term. I’m also thinking that the physical demands are going to make me start eating more. I tried to not eat today and by lunch time I was super dizzy and had to call my mom and ask to bring me food. I packed a lunch for tomorrow. I may start driving as well because it’s so hot and I’m so exhausted I really can’t walk home. And I’d like to be able to go get food on my own accord during lunch. I’m gonna try to start practicing on Sundays.

Only bad thing I have to say is tomorrow I have to get a pelvic ultrasound which is internal. So that’s quite violating as is, let alone with my past of sexual abuse. I actually already did the ultrasound once before and no one told me I had to have a completely full bladder for it so it was for nothing. I was completely dazed for a few days after. So I have to deal with that again. I’m just hoping this gives me some answers as to why my periods are so messed up. Had one for over a year.( it just ended a few months ago) so I definitely want some answers. I’ll let you all know how I’m doing after.

I hope everyone is having a good and sober day. Thank you all for your congrats

5 Likes

Just saw Top Gun Maverick

It was my way of saying I was too young to see the original in theaters cause I was like 3 years old when it came out but I have a practical theater at home you didn’t have that in 1985

Overall a pretty bad ass movie, not as good as the OG but Yano.

4 Likes

You should know that anything you share with the sonogram person will be confidential. Even if your Mom is in the waiting room. You could ask that it not be put on your chart because you don’t want your mother to know in case she ever had access to the chart. Telling the sonogram person might make it less of a traumatic experience for you. The sonogram person may be able to talk to you a little bit and give you special care in your time of need.
Proud of you with your job and with all your days that you have that you haven’t self harmed.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your new job, it sounds amazing but also some challenges in a good way.
Yes looking after little ones you will defo need to br eating and drinking properly in the day.
Your doing so well, I’m so happy to read this :slightly_smiling_face:
Good luck for your hospital appointment.
Thinking of you today :hugs:

4 Likes

You should be feeling proud, you have done brilliant.
Ita so lovely to read as you put it you fixed a big problem that meant alot to your son and to you it’s a shared moment together.
:heartpulse: superwoman :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Congratulations to 11 months of sobriety! :tada: :tada:

3 Likes

I love your story. Thanks for sharing. I’m so glad you could do that for your son :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you❤️ I’m debating telling them something, it feels embarrassing but I think I need any help I can get to make it easier

3 Likes

Thank you :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

That is such an honor! I’m so proud of you and grateful for your service. :hugs:

What I loved after quitting smoking is never having that taste in your mouth of stale cigarettes. All your clothes, jackets, etc. smell clean and not like a smokehouse, same with your hair. And holy shit, the money you save!!!

It’s a tough habit to break, but you’re a Bad Ass Lady! You can do this, it’s really worth it for so many reasons. :pray: :heart::tulip::sunflower::four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

I was so sad when I read that the balloon flew away and made him cry. But you fixed it, the great sober mom you are, I’m proud of you too. And you made his day.:red_car::balloon:

I’m ending tonight on a happy note, wayyyy past when I should be going to bed since I work in the morning. I hope you have a good weekend, sending many hugs your way! :hugs::hugs::hugs::four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

It is awesome :blush:
You could start your own outdoor theatre company :+1:t2::+1:t2: That be would be cool :blush:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #46 (Part 18).