Checking in daily to maintain focus #47

Day 34. Tomorrow is a meeting with an attorney to figure stuff out. Get a plan. Monday is the first of four court dates over the next five weeks. Staying sober. Scared to death.

12 Likes

day 1! fingers crossed.

14 Likes

Im checking in. Still waiting on my drs. To tell me if i need a breast biopsy. This waiting sucks big time!

6 Likes

I’m sorry @ArdieB i hope everything works out well! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

British sign language :slightly_smiling_face: and when i brought the course a few free courses came with it im not too sure what they are yet as for me i need to do one thing at a time. I worked with deaf blind adults and teenagers so i kind of already know how to sign but its something i want to do for my future and those who i may be able to help by learning this language.

Just waiting for the 7:30pm meeting which i will leave for in an hour, iv been to this one before once ( anxiety is kicking in) everyone was so welcoming and caring, and i didnt share but i felt comfortable to i just chose not to.
Today i am going to try and just say something even if its just how iv stayed sober for today.
Could easily talk myself out of this as i have dinner ready to put in the oven when i get home, i havent watched tv all day as to keep my routine that works and i just know in my heart i need to be going to meetings as part of my routine.
Although im nervous and naturally socially awkward i am going. I will let you all know how it goes for me as me joining AA and commiting to adding this part to my recovery is new for me.
:hugs:

The cravings for nicotine and wine is really there so im hoping it goes away.

@ArdieB :pray::pray: i am thinking of you, hope everything is okay.

8 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Thinking of you Hayley. Good vibes and good thoughts your way.

4 Likes

Hope so too, thank you! :pray::crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:
I hip so too :blush::rofl:

2 Likes

Ending day 2. Kind of lost and numb. Thanks to God this coming days I will have plenty of work :neutral_face:

7 Likes

@headifcow courage my friend! I am one day ahead. Day 2 here

2 Likes

:hibiscus: Checking in :hibiscus:
Day 219
Busy day so far for me. Its almost 2pm and I got my workout in. Have eaten well all day. Ran 1 errand and then did some serious cleaning in the apartment.
Recovery wise: Im good! Have been getting the urge to go back thru my old treatment centre binders and therapy binders for awhile now. Ive ignored this urge except i think tomorrow i might glance at them. Just to see if anything is there that might help me in my recovery. I havent been praying as much lately tho. Thats sort of a concern for me. I usually remember half way thru the day (like right now lol). So after this check in i will pray. Otherwise feeling fabulous! Currently loving the beautiful autumn day we are having! God is good and life is great!
Hugs TS fam!

12 Likes

Day 641

Quit calm now. Rough time yesterday talking to my parents about what happened in the past just a little bit. Called them this morning how they were doing. They were ok, my mother said she didn’t feel guilt about what happened just that she hoped she had noticed it. Triggered some not so nice feelings. Most important she heard me. Another thread on forgiveness I just read remembered me of what I need to do. Was getting there but discussion there helped make it stronger. It’s ok, they are them an I am I. Need to start taking care of myself. Psychiatrist advices some raspiridon, read a bit about it. Geus I’m going to polity decline. I’ve got this :pray:

5 Likes

:100: days AF today!!!

I never went longer than 12 days without boozing up ever since I was 13. Even going thru rehab at 16 (90 days) I drank every other weekend at my dads. I would only own drug addiction, and was convinced drinking wasnt a problem FOR ME. that WAS 30+ years AGO, way too long, I’m happy to have my life back now :heart:!!!

12 Likes

TOUGH LOVE - I’ve been watching your journey and admiring your attitude, don’t spoil it by justifying a relapse. Day 10 it is a little bit wiser for it. I’ve had so many day 1s but if I hadn’t I would be about 5 years sober, doesn’t sound right does it?
Congrats on your 10 days :+1:

2 Likes

Nice one mate :+1:real happy for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 200

Last day in the disgusting basement

Therapy friday

Got a bunch of free food but still have very little money :sleepy:

Need to follow through on my plan to build things to sell

Glad for the sunshine.

6 Likes

Sometimes people don’t acknowledge exactly what we want them to. But I’m glad you were able to get what you needed to off your chest. Great job on 641

1 Like

I’m happy for ya. Congrats on your triple digits. Your kicking ass✌️

1 Like

Brother!! That’s awesome. Really inspiring. I am a ways behind you but well on my way. I know you already will but keep it up man.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #48.