Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

I am soooo glad that you had a lovely swim and enjoyed it :swimming_woman:t2::smiley:

2 Likes

Oh i did iv already booked in for tomorrow early evening. I actually thought of you on my way home after :blush:
I usually go early morning but i feel evening is better as right now i am sooo tired and its 8pm i feel good !! Hope your day has been good too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 94 free from alcohol
Day 75 toxfree (relationships)
Day 11 regular eating

Alcohol
Almost 100 days… Wow…
I will be on holiday in December for 3 weeks,
turn of the year… in a nice place in spain!
I enjoyed this region several times before, and all that times… I was drinking!
And it is very common to drink wine in spanish restaurants or kioscos…This is my first time sober.
At the moment, I don’t worry too much, as they also have some special zero soft drinks, fresh juice, smoothies or special coffee for example, but i am sure there will be triggers.
I will live in a very cozy AirBnb,
so I am happy to have a safe space!
The good thing is, that Christmas and new years eve won’t be that overloaded,
as I will be very active and in that region it is not that overcelebrated as in germany.

Toxic relationships
I felt free after closing the channel he opened last weekend, 0 contact again…
and I feel empowered that everything was right, also to quit with another friend (ex) too!

With these relationships, there is so much “fight”… drama and negativity gone!
Yes I feel alone sometimes…
But it’s empowering me, to manage my life absolutely alone atm!

Regular eating
Haha, give my best.
Didn’t set back counter, as I am not dentifying anything as a “big crash”.
I was undereating since days. Had a good lunch on Saturday with mum. Yesterday I had chick pea sandwich, gnochi with spinach and bluecheese. Filling up batteries.
But then I felt guilty!
It was nothing special, bingy or unhealthy…
But i felt super guilty and still feel. :pensive:
Undereating whole day today,
Omlette with Haloumi for dinner…
We will c. Most important thing to me is not to put too much pressure on me and my behaviors, no tight rules.
Will try to post in foodies United… :sunglasses:
Mostly I am not proud about my meals,
although they are healthy and looking nice.
But it’s good to share what I eat.
I am proud if I am undereating. :pleading_face:
(or my addictive mind)
But that takes my strength… I want and need for sports and a clear mind.

Imperfect greetings … :panda_face::panda_face::panda_face:

8 Likes

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Enjoy your way back to the routine.
Swimming makes us feel soo different.
Best therapy to me :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Made it to 60. Instead of feeling like celebrating I’ve finally been broken by this rv situation. We’ve been hosed at every turn. To the tune of almost $100k and I’m sobbing in the car. I don’t know what to do. I think we have no recourse so we are just out the money and my husband is busy having his own meltdown even though I’ve been the one holding us together on this and carrying the emotional load of trying to be uplifting and brighter side for the both of us for 2 months. I really could have used a reciprocal hand up in this moment. I’m tired guys. I’m really really tired.

17 Likes

You are tired…
But you made it to 60 days!
It’s okay if you don’t have that party feeling…
But here are some little, silent Congratulations from my side… :panda_face::hugs:

1 Like

Thanks friend

1 Like

I made it a whole week. I feel miserable. But I had a good visit with my doctor today. She was so kind and compassionate. I’m going to try Naltrexone for the cravings. She didn’t have much to offer for the headaches beyond what I’m already doing. Really struggled to get through work today. Feeling depressed.

14 Likes

Sorry your struggling with that RV situation.
But 60 days :boom::boom::boom::boom:
You’re fucking amazing!!

Congratulations on your big Six O
:pray::boom::heart:

3 Likes

Lol thank you!!! I love it!!

1 Like

Thanks. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Checking in
Day 253
Today turned out to be okay honestly. I did a back and bicep workout. Then attended my Bible Group for an hour. Went for a walk outside to the $$ store. Spent more than i wanted to but got some really good things. Did the usual daily chores around the apartment AND managed to talk to my Dr. She did fax over a prescription for my old med. I will pick it up tmrw. Im abit nervous to start it honestly due to my side effects that i had back when i attempted to start them again once i got clean. But years ago they worked sooo well for me so Im praying thay my body will agree with it this time. I really dont have any other options unless i meet a psychiatrist here in my province. Anyway… im excited to give this a go. My eating has also been good today! Honestly no concerns today. Overall, I feel fairly balanced in my life.
Hope everyone is having a great day/night!

12 Likes

Day 817
Just a quick check in to say hey & sending love to everyone!

13 Likes

Checking in on day 28. Just completed early morning yoga and am having coffee with my friend. I am grateful for another day sober. Namaste everyone :heart:

11 Likes

I had the headaches…especially around day 3. Also the anxiety and sleep issues. Things improved slowly. As 4 months I felt good and like I was making progress in sleep, mental and emotionally stability and not many cravings, no anxiety.

2 Likes

207 day Af
Sick with a flu but I see it as a good opportunity to reflect on how to make healthier choices.

9 Likes

@Mno Good job on that beautiful catch!

@Sunny11 Well done! :tada::clap::tada:

@Cp25 Great job! :purple_heart::clap::purple_heart:

@Butterflymoonwoman Sending strength to get thru this :muscle:

@Twizzlers I got back into swimming when I got sober, and have stopped again. Must try harder.

@Imcrafty Omg, that is hard. I wish I could make it better for you.

@KarenKW It gets better. You are in the thick of it now. Keep going, it will be worth it. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

day 36

Tuesday back at work after a long weekend, we ended up with 4 days off instead of 3 which was nice. Managed to keep myself busy enough to not pick up had we craving but pushed past it, managed some yard work again slowly getting there with that.

Other than that business as usual, i hope everyone is as good as they can be.

9 Likes

One week is so great! It might feel really dog shit now but this is the hardest part, and soon it will start to feel better. Just keep remembering how shitty alcohol made you feel, this will pass. Best of luck with Naltrexone. It’s different for everyone, didn’t make me feel any better but it helps for some. I’m glad your here :heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #48 (Part 20).