Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Youā€™re so welcome! I literally have the biggest smile right now. So proud of you and like the others have said, you are always so kind and supportive to everyone here and we appreciate you!!! Enjoy your day!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Thank you so much.
Thank you and everyone for noticing the person i have turnt into and grew to be along this sober journey we share together.

8 Likes

Congrats @Twizzlers you are an asset to this community. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush::purple_heart:
Even smiling here myself realising there real smiles, that i actually feel happy insideā€¦ im not pretending in okay like i was ayear ago this is all real and it feels good :grin:

2 Likes

Hahaaa over four years sober here and still regularly feel like this. I have found it comes and goes in waves. Really I am just me throughout it all and it is how I feel about things that changes. Thatā€™s OK. We all struggle. What we struggle with changes. How much we struggle changes. But nothing lasts forever. I am talking to myself as much as I am to you here :kissing_heart:

Learning to accept our individual incompetences is rubbish and can feel at odds with the self improvement type journeys we go on. But ya know we can only start where we are. And competence is relative. I might struggle with things you find more straightforward and vice versa. Itā€™s not a competition. We donā€™t have to continually be better versions of ourselves. It is OK to just find acceptance and give ourselves grace for the things we struggle with. For me at least that is self improvement enough. Sometimes I suck at it :laughing:

Whether or not we detach the reality is there. Might as well embrace it and find the bits of happiness along the way :hugs: :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

This is solid advice :sparkling_heart:

Link for anyone that doesnā€™t have this thread on their radar and could make use of it >>

5 Likes

11 months sober! Wooohooooo!
Iā€™m so pleased with my progress.

This community has helped me so much!

17 Likes

Thank you @siand and thank you for linking that thread, I wasnā€™t sure how to do that!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Ahhhh well done! You really are such an inspiration. Congrats :tada:

1 Like

Congrats on 11 months @LAB keep up the good fight!

3 Likes

Congratulations @LAB keep it up!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

@Miranda @Rockstar24777 @Minatasha and anyone else that needs it, one of my faves that I think of often

credit Brad Montague on Instagram: "hereā€™s to another try"

10 Likes

Day 6, just checking in.

12 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year :clap:! Thatā€™s such a great accomplishment enjoy your special day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Huuuuge Congratulations! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Thatā€™s a big Milestoneā€¦ I am very glad that you are here and for all your support! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Missed a day in a pain haze but Iā€™m out the other side and feeling good today. Day 36 and itā€™s last moving day! As my other mother would say ā€œletā€™s kick this pigā€ (and no I have no idea what the heck that means besides ā€œlet get to doing this thing!ā€ :joy:

9 Likes

Iā€™m already at day 8. So youā€™ve got to be very close to day 7. Congratulations

7 Likes

Yassssss

giphy (3)

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome thank you!

1 Like

Woo hoo!

Congratulations @Twizzlers! :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like