Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

44 days. Taking care of a very drunk person tonight who is sick. Makes me laugh honestly ā€¦ glad itā€™s not me!

10 Likes

Think weā€™ve all been there. Taking care of is much better than being taken care of. Well done on 44. :+1:

3 Likes

A bit too late, but happy to see your :one: year milestone!
Congratulations :tada::tada::tada:
NeedyHatefulAgouti-size_restricted

4 Likes

And well done for your :seven: months! :tada::tada::tada:
7-dribbble

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good idea, i do like the thought of chronicling my own peaks and valleys of getting further into the whole of my sobriety and personal growth process

3 Likes

2 weeks (almost) AF and heading for 4 months :no_smoking:. Dont even think about smoking now.
Drinking, well this week was much easier than the first week. I used on line S.M.A.R.T meetings last week to help me through difficult days, sharing with others helps a lot.
Just dancing along ODAAT. Ive been on strike a few days this week and feared the worst would happen but coming on here banished all thoughts of going to the pub.
Ive started doing the daily exercise challenge on here at October fitness challenge
Ive dusted the cobwebbs from my bike and have started cycling to work everyday.
My resting heart rate is down to 60bpm now which im happy with.
Im sleeping better these days and generally feeling upbeat about the future and enjoying the ā€˜nowā€™ .
Hoping you all have a good day today. :full_moon_with_face::+1:

16 Likes

I had a rough night yesterday that led to a rough day today. I need to try to be more active on here so I remember the good that comes from sobriety when the bad stuff comes around. I didnā€™t drink and donā€™t want to drink about any of it. Sober is the only way forward.

Tomorrow is a new day and the best thing I can do is lay my tired head on my pillow. Keep at it all you wonderful, honest people. Iā€™m in it with you. :heart:

14 Likes

Coffee. Had my covid vaccination yesterday, seem to experience a bit more side effects than I had with the previous ones. Itā€™s not too bad. Iā€™m sober and clean. That helps. One day at a time. One more late shift to go. I got this.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it clean and sober or nothing would come of it. Love from my place.

19 Likes

Day 180

I canā€™t tell you how much i never imagined making it this far, never imagined a life without substances. Weed was the most powerful overarching issue Iā€™d had for a long while (12 yrs), but Iā€™ve left behind booze as well since i also took about a 3 year stint with the black out train, and some other stuff on the side.

Itā€™s been a journey even just these first 6

Making peace with myself and learning not only accept & live with my actions and choices, but to let go, live in the now and live for myself and my future is better than Iā€™d ever thought it could be. Thereā€™s so much more to gain. Struggles and conflicts? Of course. Impossible to overcome? Not anymore. And no self medication needed this time around.
So much has changed in six months, and thereā€™s so much more to be done. Every day is still the same one day sobriety challenge, and itā€™s just me and my choices. Iā€™m learning how to embrace my better self though, and so, SO thankful for this community in particular. You all are the best support

Thanks again all, and hereā€™s to another 6 months

22 Likes

@mamador Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:

@Trustybird Sending strength :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Great to see you on here Kevin. Its been a while, i hope you are well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 840. I hope everybody has a good one!

13 Likes

When we start out in sobriety weā€™re so focused on not fucking up that a lot of times we donā€™t realize the magic thatā€™s occurring, but as we look more towards longterm recovery we see that what were doing is actually the foundation to lasting stability and happiness!

Acceptance is everything.

Pragmatically working on our future while grounded in todays beauty.

Letting go!!!

Most live their whole lives without drilling these basic concepts associated with reduced suffering.

Amazing work on being 100% sober for 6 months. Thank you for always sharing your journey.

9 Likes

9 months and counting, cant really belive it. One year is so close.

11 Likes

I hope things will get better for you and that you can relax soon! I know the feeling to think one is responsible for nearly everything.

2 Likes

Huge congratulations and many thanks for another inspiring post Marianna! :pray:t2::heartpulse::v:t2:

1 Like

I can say im sorry i didnt see you where going through a rough time yourself.
I did check through a day or two ago to see when you last posted and it said 1 day ago at the time i checked and i thought with the time zones being different that was normal then i havent been back on properly so im glad to hear your son is doing okay :pray::pray: you didnt miss my milestone your with me in energy and love, i think just knowing we all have eachother is such a big comfort that we shouldnt worry we missed something or cant catch up etcā€¦ because if we need someone we know their just here, just glad everything is okay.

4 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,529.

God Bless!

9 Likes

Thank you. The image is an image of one of Will Macleanā€™s sculptures at the exhibition we went to titled Fhir a Bhata or The Boatman. It was a really lovely exhibition and I felt very inspired.

5 Likes

@Wakikki 9 months is amazing!! Yes that year is right around the corner :muscle:

@5.9MagA833 1,000 days thats huge !! Congratulations :slightly_smiling_face:

@Kdog This is beautifully written, i needed to read this today thank you.

@Nordique congratulations on you 840 days

@mamador wow congratulations on your 6 months :hugs: i also used to smoke many years back now but still for more than half my life now i smoked i understand that mental struggle too and your doing so well im proud of you :purple_heart:

@mno congratulations on 1212 days as always i love these seeing these big numbers along side your daily morning pick :slightly_smiling_face:

@TrustyBird i do hope you wake up feeling better :hugs: those days do pass us by and we have to just stay strong and remind ourselves that we can get through it and the feelings are temporary.

@Leveller your doing amazing, hitting on to 2 weeks AF is so good you have basically broken the cycle now and it gets that bit easier and good on you for 4 months no smoking.

@HeyImKris congratulations on your 44 days. Yes it can be very eye opening when we see others very drunk and can be gratefull its not us and we are there to help them.

@SadMemeQueen Now to come on here this afternoon (where i am) and see your 7 months has given me a great big smile I need you to know that you are one lovely, caring young lady and watching you go through your struggles hurts but im glad you know your not alone and we are here for you, i am here for you and watching you keep pushing forward through everything and watching you achieve your goals and seeing you enjoying doing it is so lovely, your so strong and im glad to see you at 7 months :purple_heart::purple_heart::muscle::hugs:

7 Likes