Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Milestones everywhere! Congratulations on two years @Olivia! And @Miranda on your 30 day milestone!

Way to go on 4 months @anon53116147!

Keep on rocking it, friends.

6 Likes

Today marks the four year anniversary of my husbandā€™s passing from cancer. It has been a really lovely day actually. I took my daughter to her normal drama class in the morning and then came back home to have breakfast with my son. I gave his hair a trim and then we collected the little one and headed to a really good sculpture exhibition by Will Maclean. I felt very pleased that both kids were so engaged with the artwork.
Then we did some shopping in town and got a bite to eat at YoSushi. That was fun and relaxed. The kids got enormous ice creams on the way home.
Iā€™m just off the phone with one of my stepdaughters and weā€™re talking about meeting up very soon.
Glad to be doing all of this sober.

19 Likes

Hello,
I have done twenty five days in a row. I call it silver weddings of freedom!

Letā€™s continue in the path of sobriety!

Best luck!

17 Likes

Checking in
Day 229
I am grateful for this group and those that care. I didnt do a single check in yesterday or this morning and people were already posting asking if i was okay @anon74766472 thank you :pray: I am okay in the sense of still being clean and sober. But am i okay? Idk if I can honestly say that I am. I am emotionally done. I had fun yesterday with my family at the zoo. But then as im putting my son to bed, i notice hes super warm and he has a low-grade fever. So of course here goes my anxiety and my anger and this n that for his condition and the worry i have about having to go to the hospital potentially. Dealing with people. Fighting for what he needs. His overnight nurse came and she watches him all night. I had an awful sleep. Couldnt take my mental health meds last night in case i had to get up and take him to the hospital. We didnt have to go. His fever dropped. I stayed home from work today to watch him in case his fever came back. I am soo tired. I napped this morning while my hubby was home today. I dont feel myself today. I feel like i wanna scream honestly, like an angry person today and it wasnt good of me to not check in. I dont feel well physically and im just overall upset mad. I have prayed tho but i need to pull out of this. Idk what i need right now. But i certainly dont want to feel like this. Thanks for reading TS fam!

20 Likes

Im a lil jealous at the wood carving class. I watch youtube videos with it and even got a whittling swiss army style knife with many different blades for wood carving, but it became another thing i never followed up with! Happy for you, hope to see a pic sometime :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I know Iā€™m late but itā€™s ONE WHOLE YEAR :tada::sparkler::fireworks::star2::1st_place_medal:A huge congratulations and well done.

5 Likes

Hey @Butterflymoonwoman, have you ever done martial arts or kickboxing? There is something extremely calming, about being able to kick and punch in a safe environment (even scream LOL)It is the one place that I could let my pain, frustration, anger and fear go (on top of that you get an amazing workout!) Hope your little guy feels better and you get some much deserved rest

4 Likes

Very nice :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thats a great idea! Im definitly into working out again since ive been clean and sober. I actually used to box when I was 16. I had alot of inner built up anger back then and boxing back then helped but i was also very young and immature and just toooo emotional (at least my boxing coach back then told me i needed to get my emotions in check if i wanted to compete as emotions can apparently cloud your focus in the ring etcā€¦ idk lmao). Anyway i never thought about getting back to that. I know im veeeeery out of shape for boxing lol but that in itself might exhaust me so much that it would help overall. I never tried martial arts or kickboxing. I think u may have something here tho :slight_smile: yhank u goe the reminder and the suggestion! Appreciate it!

4 Likes

@RosaCanDo Congratulations :clap::tada::purple_heart: Sorry it is late. I will head over to your thread for the details.

@Kdog Congrats on a month! :muscle:

@mamador Why not make your own thread and vent away?

@anon53116147 Fabulous job! :muscle::+1::muscle:

@SadMemeQueen Little kids can be very handsy, of course purely innocently, but triggering things may happen again in the future. Maybe discuss with your therapist?

@Olivia Congratulations :clap::bouquet::clap:

@Miranda Congratulations :tada::purple_heart::tada:

@Tomek Nice to see you. Dating sounds like a big step forward :purple_heart:.

@Carriebianco Sounds like you are on the right path :+1:

@Deelzebub Glad such a hard day had some positives :purple_heart:

12 Likes

I just had therapy today actually, we talked about some grounding exercises

5 Likes

Day 202 - Weather here is hot like hellā€¦ feels like 40 C. Drinking plenty of water to avoid beer thoughts.

11 Likes

Late check in. Day 9.

@Twizzlers , @RosaCanDo ,

Congratulations on 1 year

11 Likes

O.M.G!! Yes girl!!! Yes!!! So proud of you!

3 Likes

Oh my God girl!! With everything going on yesterday and me not even opening up the app i completely missed ur 1 year. I truly hope that you had a wonderful day basking in recovery and joy and happiness! I am soooo proud of you for this accomplishment!! Youve worked incredibly hard and have given SO much of urself to this forum! A huge congratulations to you :clap: :raised_hands: :heart:

3 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Evening Check in :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Day 229
Feeling a bit better this evening. I took the wagon out to get groceries. Just being active helped. Helped to burn off some steam lol. I still feel very tired. But my sons temp has been normal all day. I feel like i will be able to take my meds tonight, which will also give me a good sleep. I am going to work tmrw. Need to just get back to the basics and get back on track with my recovery routine, my exercise and healthy eating, my goals and back to meditation and self care. I swearā€¦ it only takes a second for my routine to slip away. Its a lot of work for me some days to stay on top of it. But id rather work hard daily for my recovery, then to be in active addiction. Anyway, im glad to be back on here. I absolutely felt disconnected. Like something was missing in my day. And i was missing somethingā€¦ my lovely TS fam! Hugs everyone!

17 Likes

Comgrations on 30 days @Miranda thats awesome!

2 Likes

That first week was hard for me. I hope you keep checking in with us here. You got this!

1 Like

Wow, Iā€™m so far behind! First things firstā€¦ Congratulations to

@Miranda for 30 days
@anon53116147 for 4 months
@KellyKelly for 6 months
@RosaCanDo and @Twizzlers for one year
@Olivia for two years

Youā€™re an inspiration, itā€™s always encouraging to see others winning!

Day 55
Went to my med appointment yesterday, a TEE. Found out that stands for transesophageal echocardiogram. They knock you out and shove a probe down your throat to check your heart. I donā€™t know what they gave me, but it was a really nice 30 minute nap.
Anyway, everything seems to be normal, but he prescribed beta-blockers anyway which confused me because my blood pressure is normal.
Still fighting occasional craving. I donā€™t know why itā€™s been so strong lately, but Iā€™m winning so far.
Just read about some morbidly obese man who lost a lot of weight by just taking one multivitamin a day for a year. Thatā€™s sounds dangerously irresponsible but Iā€™m at the end of my rope with the weight that wonā€™t come off. Anyone ever heard of this?
Binge-watching Mr. Robot. Itā€™s the only thing, other than Sneakers that show hackers realistically. It amazes me how lazy Hollywood is about this. They hire consultants for movies all the time; why do hacker movies always look like they were written by an 8 year old? (TW for those who might be interested; thereā€™s a drug use and mental health scenes).
Hope everybody is having a good sober weekend! :v:

17 Likes

Day 15 smokeless
Day 16 Sober

Some pretty good moods but they dont last too long :hot_face:

16 Likes