Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Hello world, almost 5am here and still too dark to go out with the dogs. Waiting for sun up and hoping the the rain holds off.
Its great waking up sober and being really ready to not just get through the day but enjoy getting through the day.
I have so many things to do and being sober is the ONLY way I can get them done.
@Butterflymoonwoman Im sorry your not going through the best of times at the minute Dana. Ive been fortunate enough to never have needed long term medication, I can only imagine what you are going through and do send my best wishes to you :hugs:
@icebear your nearly at 500 days Drew, Im certainly not going to tell you how to deal with social events sober, thats great work your doing :clap::+1:
I will be thinking of all of you that are struggling today and wish you all well while im on my walk.:full_moon_with_face:

10 Likes

Day 5 AF. Morning checkin. I wonā€™t drink today. ODAAT.

Went for another AA meeting yesterday. The regulars are advising me to get a sponsor. Isnā€™t it too early? I donā€™t feel comfortable with the idea.

Was craving a lot, so went walking. Clocked 12.5 Km (7.8 miles) throughout the day. Slept well after that.

13 Likes

Probably a stupid question, but what does ODAAT mean?

One day at a time :wink:

1 Like

Ohh :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: makes sense. I never would have guessed though. Iā€™m not exactly to ā€œdaysā€ at a time yet, one day Iā€™ll get there. But for now ill take things OMAAT :blush:

4 Likes

Sending solidarity & support for your situation right now :heart: i can only imagine how thatā€™s feeling for you, i really hope it can get resolved!!

1 Like

Hey one day, one hour, one minute at a time. Whatever works!

3 Likes

Day 230

A day.

Hectic morning then I painted 2 ceilings and cut in a wall. I worked fast and was insecure. Im going to deal with the rest tomorrow. But the ceilings look smooth.

Insomnia is horrible. Didnt have melatonin. Now i will set my alarm for 730 and hope for the best.

11 Likes

Day #60

60 full days of sobriety for me today. Itā€™s been an up-and-down experience thus far, but Iā€™m getting there slowly, albeit one day at a time. Thatā€™s all I can do.

Had a pretty rough night last night, and if Iā€™m honest, itā€™s probably the closest Iā€™ve come to having a drink since I decided that I wanted to turn my life around & live a life of sobriety. My ex, who I lived with & spent two amazing years with (whoā€™s also a teacher for the context of the story) went out with friends for drinks last night to celebrate half-term. Ultimately, my drinking was part of the reason why she ended up leaving me. I then had to pack my things & move 300 miles back to my hometown. Anyhow, we still speak & keep in touch; our break-up hasnā€™t stopped us from communicating.

She isnā€™t a big drinker & is extremely reasonable, but I canā€™t help but worry at times. Sheā€™s her own person, but I still miss her a heck of a lot. I think part of me hopes that if I stay in communication & remain friends, that sheā€™ll change her mind & weā€™ll end up back together, but that isnā€™t the case in truth; sheā€™s already made her mind up. And it hurts; I probably hate myself for it.

All I wanted to do last night (knowing there was alcohol downstairs as I currently live with a member of family who is the occasional drinker) was to head down & just consume the lot. Even if I ended up flat-up passing out (which has happened in the past after drinking too much). I just wanted my self-loathing and hurt to stop; maybe temporary, or maybe forever.

But I didnā€™t. I didnā€™t go downstairs & I didnā€™t drink. Despite that voice in my said saying: ā€œDo itā€; I resisted. And today Iā€™m 60 days sober.

I know that some days will be more difficult to contend with than others. I know this journey isnā€™t easy. But various instances in my life that have tried to bring me down have all failed in the past - I am still here, and I am still breathing!

Thank goodness I can get back to local meetings from this Wednesday coming, at least for a week or two. Work commitments have restricted me from being able to go for a month or so. Although I need to work, my sobriety is also important to me, and realistically, more important than a job that is only a short-term solution until other plans I have come into fruition. I feel like Iā€™ve been venturing slightly wayward recently, but Iā€™m sober, and Iā€™ve not went back on the promise that I made to myself to give up.

Have a great day everybody. ODAAT.

19 Likes

Congratulations to a quarter of thousand! :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations to 4 full sober months! :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

1 Like

Congrats on day 24! :muscle:t2::sunglasses:
Not everybody has to be active and find an inner athlete :smiley:
Enjoy your good sleep and give body and mind time to heal :yawning_face::white_flower::white_flower::white_flower:

3 Likes

Woooooop!
You made it to 60 days :muscle:t2:
Cool jobā€¦ Thanks for the positive vibes you are bringing in here with every post! :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Hi, well done for not giving in to your thoughts, thatā€™s all they are, thoughts.
Congrats on 2 months, youā€™re doing really well. I enjoy reading your posts, theyā€™re very informative.
What are your weekend plans?

2 Likes

Oh no Charlie! I hope it gets better! One day at a time, youā€™re doing amazing! :heart:Hang in there!

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve got three late (10pm) finishes in a row at work this weekend. That might explain part of the reason why my mood is all over the place! :see_no_evil: :laughing:

1 Like

Hope things pick up soon!

I donā€™t know if it helps but sometimes when I am feeling lost itā€™s a sign I need to stop searching for a direction and try and find some peace where I am. Easier said than done. But striving for a way out often adds to the difficulty. When I can find peace where I am, eventually the path seems to become a bit clearer. Ride the wave etc.

2 Likes

I think I will go to the FRO thread and vent there. Food sucks hard, because, as you said, you have to eat. I would prefere to live from sunlight instead of having this annoying shit with food and caffeine. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :wink:

2 Likes

Try to find a group of peers in real life, which has meetings on trigger eventy. I donā€™t know where you live, so, unfortunately, I canā€™t give you any recommendations.

1 Like

Noice! 2 years of sobriety! That is freaking awesome, mate!