Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Evening check-in

Surgery went very well. Very little pain. I’ve just been groggy from the anesthesia and napping all day.

@Dazercat HAPPY 1000!!! What an inspiration! Hope you’ve enjoyed your day!

@Butterflymoonwoman Sounds like you had magical moment in nature today. And you SO deserve it! I hope and pray that you and your hubby so get some one-on-one quality time soon. When you said the opposite of addiction on connection, that hit home. That easily explains some of what I’m starting to experience in life, I just haven’t been able to put it into words. So thanks for that!

13 Likes

Thanks for the commiseration. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Wow Eric!!! I have no words honestly. I am amazed and sooo excited for you! This is an incredible milestone!! You have put in soo much for your recovery and it shows. Youre an incredible person that I am very honored to call my friend in recovery! Huge hugs Eric!

4 Likes

Ha! I found it!! https://talkingsober.com/t/any-avid-readers-here-what-are-you-currently-reading/93106?u=imcrafty

Day 207

Here with my sweet cat. She is soft and hanging out next to me.

Watching this show and i made sweet potatoes tonight, they were ok.

2 more days of work. Endless week. Fucked up my back today. Afraid to stretch it but i need to.

Edit: still havent stretched. But i was fully planning in my mind to crawl into bed after watching hours of tv, skippimg the 15 minutes of tidying. And then i thought about my post here and forced myself to set the timer anyway. And. My floor is now cleared. It feels amazing.

16 Likes

Day 178
Toddy has been all over the place, started good, lots of things done but now I’m so tired and feel like I’m losing steam fast. I snapped at my kids, have a headache and no down time. I was gonna get a huge task, that I’ve been waiting to do for a bit, finished this afternoon, but our old house’s wiring is getting bad and the breaker on the wall our chest freezer is plugged into started going off as of yesterday, which means it’ll do it at random now indefinitely.
I was able to resolve it and find a new, viable outlet connected to another breaker section, but had to throw out some food. I’m glad it wasn’t the freezer itself though, bc having just bought a brand new fridge, my mind couldn’t take another round of this so quickly.
Life’s been so busy lately, I haven’t made time to do my dbt workbook, meditate, workout or journal a first priority in a while. Instead I’m caught in the “everyone else comes first” loop right now. I’m responsible for so much and yet, i still feel like i never get enough done. It’s exhausting. Doing my best though, really.
Doesn’t help that my sleep habits are shot all to hell as well; haven’t had a good night’s sleep since i quit using. I’m well aware this is a longer karmic process of sobriety, and i still have a lot of waiting before it regulates.
Gonna talk to my med mgmnt guy next week about getting something non-habit forming and mild to maybe help it out. Plus I’m getting my meds boosted again, which should be helpful with the still prevalent strong mood swings (bipolar1 for context).

Still, life is good; really, i know it in the end. I’m just worn lately but it’ll come back around if I’m patient i think.
Sorry for the scroll of text, have a good night all.

16 Likes

Congratulations Eric!! :tada::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Sobriety = life = emotions = nowhere to hide. But yes your right :+1:Just go with the flow.
Congrats on your days BTW.

3 Likes

24 Likes

Coffee. Just put the central heating on for the first time this autumn, while we still have natural gas available and while I still can afford it. Gotta keep Luna comfortable.

Already the ninth out of twelve sessions of my experiential expertise class today. Got some homework to do for that. Starting in a minute, with my second coffee. Remaining sober and clean, one day at a time.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it clean and sober as it’s the only way to have a better life for us. Love from Amsterdam.

28 Likes

#Day 1471 :seedling:
Having the day off. Going to set my focus on relaxing. But first getting the groceries for tonight dinner. Then finaly getting behind my diamond painting wich I just got out of the closet where I hide it for years…
I’m good at starting things…but not finish it

It’s a Starry night from van Gogh, already a little part done. Hope I like doing it :thinking:
But if I do not try I never know.

24 Likes

Well done! :purple_heart::muscle::purple_heart:

1 Like

42 days. Holding on to the phrase “this too shall pass.”

14 Likes

1000 brilliant sober days under your belt! Nicely done, sir! :birthday: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :birthday:

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 837. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

Day 839. New roommate came over last night and will be moving in Friday. Nice guy, fellow co worker but different department. This will be my third roommate in almost 2 years. It’s always uncomfortable to me at first as I have to adapt to new personalities and behaviors but whatever. I feel a depression wave starting but I know that it will pass soon. I hope you all have a great day, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

21 Likes

Thank you for your openness and sharing this moment with us!

2 Likes

I’m glad that you’re going to be interviewed for your new job.

And, I think that your decision about the valley was correct, because you said how important your sobriety is for yourself. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Day 5, rough night, about 3 hours of sleep, got through it, just checking in. Have a wonderful day everyone!

17 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,525.

God Bless!

15 Likes