Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Day 112 and I just got my new energy tariffs due to cost of living crisis. Jeez what a shock to the system. I’m going to buy a heated blanket instead and use that :joy: I don’t see why I should make someone else stinking rich. I’ll have the heating on for an hr when at home to take the chill out the air but that’s it :facepunch:t2: Cheeky sods
Good luck to everyone else going through these situations :heart:

16 Likes

Congratulations to the triple digits! Fighting pays off. :wink:

2 Likes

Day 153 or even better 5 months today. Went to a winery for lunch and was peeved when my mates sat drinking my favourite chard. the Reserve chardonnay. Clearview. one of NZ better wines and a medal winner too. Was I sorely tested? Not really. just a bit put out and be damned if I going to have to reset the ST counter back to zero. Cheers and well done. keep up the good work if you are reading this.

16 Likes

Congratulations to 3 months of soberness!

3 Likes

Welcome back! Good luck with the new try!

1 Like

Congratulations for half a year of soberness! Well done, madame.

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 838. I hope everybody has a good one!

14 Likes

Day 780

Work and general life going ok. The cooler weather is giving me more energy and I have been keeping on top of work and house stuff. Binge eating is not so good. I can feel putting weight on but don’t seem to be able to stop. Feel stupid and weak. Maybe I do need to do the steps again with a OE anonymous slant. Seems so crazy that I can give up booze but not this. Maybe because I keep trying to moderate. But the alternative is what?

19 Likes

Hello everyone, :raising_hand_man: well I woke up this morning, which is always a good start. 2 strike days so no work but picket duty to do.
@SoberWalker hope all goes well in management Claudia. Please keep coming here, I couldnt have made it so far without your comments. :full_moon_with_face::+1:
@Mno we have winds and rain forcast as well Menno. Nothing like Florida though.:sleepy: hope everyone here and their families are ok.
@Hayleylujah 112 :grinning::clap::clap: well done Hayley. Yes the cost of living is hitting the majority of people now. Gas and electric gone up. They gave us a £400 energy payment in one hand and took an extra £1200 off us in the other while giving tax cuts to those earning £150,000 infuriating…but sober. :neutral_face:

10 Likes

Day 70 AF
Day 51 toxfree

Power is halfway back :muscle:t2:
No need to claim!!
Swim workout was beautiful, challenging and relaxing at the same time :white_flower:

Won’t get back to the half politic world topics I wrote about yesterday. Think it’s not the right place, deleted my post. :zipper_mouth_face::shushing_face:

New coat, lambswool soles and new pair of dr Martens are on the way to start autumn. Hope the martens are not to hard.

My 60 days gift was a fail…
Didn’t like the Nikes!

Have my 70 days now and special gift and treat is going to a cinema and enjoying an Indian restaurant with my mum on weekend! :heart:

Beside that there will be some rearranging in my house, swimming, taking walks on the river and the woods, Yoga, Meditation, napping and sleeping. Don’t forget healthy delicious food. :yum:

Checking fundamental basics:
:panda_face: Eating
:panda_face: Moving
:panda_face: Resting and Napping

We have a bank holiday on Monday, so weekend is longer :pray:t2::grin:

Sending lots of love, peace and ease to all you peops here and to the rest of the world! :heartpulse::cherry_blossom::earth_africa:
Take care and stay sober :v:t2:

15 Likes

Wecome back! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,526.

God Bless!

13 Likes

Eeep, thanks for all the love guys. This community man, my heart :heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations @KrispyMac and @Alycia that is awesome!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Day 840. Feeling better this morning mentally. I swear (for me) that just going to bed when I’m going through a sad/depressive episode works 99.9% of the time. I have learned to just accept it and roll with it by going to bed, it’s too strong for me to fight it. I used to struggle to find out “what’s wrong with me” and “why is this happening” etc. but that just made things worse. Of course things make me sad for sure but I’m referring to the chemical side of depression as in the waves that come that are beyond my control. Eh, long post hope that made sense. I’m really proud of everyone here, have an amazing day I love you guys!!!

16 Likes

In the bath at the minute but need to go food shopping and collect some e-liquid for my wife which is next door to my old local pub, i have 2 days off work, the weather is lousey and i thought i could be tempted to drink here. Asking myself some questions
Do i really want to drink alcohol today?
NO.
Am I really missing any of my drinking partners?
NO.
How will I feel once I return from shopping in an hour still sober?
MAGNIFICENT
No further questions your honor.
:muscle::+1:

11 Likes

I cannot begin to even explain how i feel, but i want to thank each and every one of you for being here for me.
Thank you for welcoming me to begin my journey here, thank you for the connection i have with you.
I actually am speechless but ever so gratefull to be apart of something so great here with so many great people :purple_heart:

46 Likes

Hey kids, checking in on Friday morning. Took off work today, I twisted the hell out of my lower back on Wednesday. Now it’s just getting progressively worse. Last time I did this about a year ago I remember it taking a good couple weeks to feel normal again. “Getting older sucks big time”. Gonna ride up to the Doctor this morning and see what’s up. I got somebody delivering a motorcycle to me on Saturday but that’s probably gonna be out for a little bit :joy:Just gonna lay around for a day or two and see how it feels. Have a great day guys, behave yourselves this weekend.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v:

13 Likes

Flow like water brother. Whats beyond our control just let flow past. Pretty sahe man and totally right on!

3 Likes

HOLY SHIT!!! Congratulations @Twizzlers this is so awesome to see!!! You are such an amazing person and asset to this community I am soooo excited for you YAY YAY YAY!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2::partying_face::confetti_ball::tada::partying_face::balloon::confetti_ball::tada::partying_face:!!!

5 Likes