Checking in daily to maintain focus #48

Day 849. Up early for work, back to my regular schedule now. I forgot how much 2nd shift sucked, very happy that I don’t work that shift anymore, f**k that shit :rofl: Really proud of you all and I hope you have a kick ass day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

13 Likes

I hope your boy gets well soon and that the coming procedure helps him with the temperature problem. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Congratulations to 3 continues sober month! :tada: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 847. I hope everybody has a good one!

12 Likes

Thank you very much for this helpful message!

1 Like

What did you take for your gastritis? These a really strange side effects. :astonished:

1 Like

I have to take Pantoprazol 40mg 2x/day. Today everything is way better than yesterday.
It may be that my skin is upset bc I don’t drink enough water and it dries out :weary: I simply am not thirsty bc I don’t move much.
But both, the itchy skin and the cough can be caused by the Pantoprazol :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Thursday next week I can half the dosage and one more week later I can stop it :pray:

Edit: I just ate and I have no pain and no heartburn. And this is so worth the side effects that will vanish when I stop the medication.

4 Likes

Thats fantastic! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Get well soon! :face_with_thermometer:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the love and wisdom yesterday, friends. 52 days. Learning the art of sitting in my emotions instead of just trying to run from them. Observe them. Experience them. Sit with them. Acknowledge them. See that they are valid. It’s ok to be happy, sad, angry, and everything else.

10 Likes

Hey. Checking in on day 485. Feeling tired and empty today. I seem to not be able to get anything done without interruption. I just want to crawl back into bed. :pensive:

7 Likes

5 days, feeling better today. Haven’t been sober this long for a long time.

14 Likes

Day 100…Unbelievable! I am incredibly grateful to God and this community! Blessings!

11 Likes

Checking in for Day 13.

9 Likes

100 DAYS AF!!!

I am so happy to be starting the last day of a weekend filled with family and friend sober! I went to my alma mater’s homecoming football game Friday night. My niece is a senior there and that was a great excuse for enjoying some high school football and their amazing marching band. (I kinda nerd out on marching bands lol). Yesterday my boyfriend and I spent the day in our city’s downtown at the annual Fiddlin’ Fest. Multiple bluegrass bands performing all day, local arts and craft vendors, food trucks and perfect weather. I went and picked up my daughter right after. It’s really nice to have her home visiting for a few days. We have a family birthday party to attend later this evening.

While at the festival, it hit me just how grateful I am to be enjoying life again. Enjoying my family and friends. Just being able to be fully present in all the little things. I haven’t been truly living for some time now and I honestly forgot how much I do enjoy my life and the people in it.

Had a much needed, overdue appointment with my therapist Friday. I’ve been extremely unmotivated the past few weeks and have been in a kind of brain fog I guess. It was so helpful to talk this out, pinpoint some things to work on to get me back to a healthy headspace, and to start figuring out why I’ve been feeling this way. I don’t want or need the idle time I’ve had lately….it scares me to think about where that time might take me if I don’t address it now.

100 days ago, I was barely hanging on to making it 1 hour without drinking. I wasn’t even able to take my sobriety one day at a time in the beginning. That was too overwhelming for me. So making it 100 days is a huge thing for me personally! This space has helped me a lot of days when I felt like I was the only person struggling. Knowing that I’m not alone in this battle, and that I CAN be successful at being sober, is such a blessing. So today, I’ll keep on truckin’. I’m not drinking today. And that alone makes it a wonderful day!

16 Likes

It’s the hardest part. I’m abysmal at diffusing an emotion once I feel one and they are SO intense. I used to knock the edge off with a drink. I’ve really had to make my therapy start working now that I’m not self medicating and it’s been a RIDE. Sheesh.

4 Likes

Day 45 AF :metal: that’s all. That’s the memo. :joy: have a good day guys :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Checking in Sunday afternoon. All good here. Beautiful weather in the northeast. Still dealing with this nagging back injury but much better than it was last week so that’s a plus. Staying sober is always harder when your kinda limited to what you can do when you’re hurting, but could be worse. I’ll chill out today, watch some football and get ready for the week to come. Have a great day guys.

@chey.o congrats on your 3 months sober👍
@carriebianco and @KrispyMac congrats on 100 days AF :muscle:

6 Likes

Congratulations to the triple digits! Well done! :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Hey, thank you. I was on this app soon after I stopped drinking 4 yrs ago. I’m still sober with much help from this community …your comment is part of that. Thx :slight_smile:

5 Likes