Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Yes sir, 50 sober days! :tada:

4 Likes

Day 130 AF

I am really trying to stay positive. My finances are a wreck! I have cut every corner I know to cut. And now Christmas is here :unamused: I LOVE the holidays, and I know my family completely understands that I can’t spend like I normally do. But this is depressing. I haven’t lived day-to-day financially in a long time. I’ve applied to a few PT jobs on Indeed but nothing has come of it yet. I am finding myself really kicking myself in the ass for almost completely destroying the career I worked so hard to build. Redirecting my thoughts is getting more difficult by the day. I am almost 49 years old and should have my shit together by now. Not only is this depressing, it’s humiliating and embarrassing.

Just needed to vent for a minute. I’m not going to drink today.

19 Likes

Hang in there! It will get better. 10 days was when I started to feel better.

4 Likes

Welcome to the double digits! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Thanks for nice picture Menno! I hope you enjoy your holidays!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Checking in for day 43 AF.

13 Likes

Im sorry ur feeling so down about ur financial situation and just where u feel things are at right now in ur life. I can relate in maybe a sense, just with the amount of debt we incurred bcuz of our drug use and honestly thinking that we should be ALOT farther ahead than where we are. I often compare myself to others which doesnt help either :frowning:
Honestly though, im proud of you for staying sober and improving ur life. We canf change the past. Whats done is done. But things WILL continue to improve, sometimes quickly and sometiems slowly, but they always do if we stay clean and sober. Im praying something comes up for u work wise. It will eventually :slight_smile: im hoping before xmas so that it can relieve some of that xmas stress. Ive been making alot of my xmas gifts this year. It helps with not having to spend so much. Hope ur day improves lady… hugs!

4 Likes

Congratulations on 10 whole days! Great work :clap:

1 Like

:high_brightness: Morning Check in :high_brightness:
Day 268
I had an incredible sleep!!! Felt so good! Was sleeping so heavy that i woke up super disoriented thinking i had to work lol. My son and I are waiting for his bus so he can go to school. Today is quite cold (-30°C) so will need to dress well for it. Plans for the day are prayer, workout, doing my nails, cleaning, finishing a dreamcatcher, & a couple errands and phone calls. Thats about it :slight_smile: Grateful for another day :pray:
Hope everyone has an addiction free day
:butterfly::tulip:

14 Likes

Day 38
It was a stressful day, worse than yesterday.
But I decided to not let it consume me fully as it almost happened yesterday.
The worst case at work is there, we’re missing 50% of our staff.
It is what it is.
I didn’t drink today and I don’t want to do it in the future.
So, it still is a good day.
I won.
I wish you all a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

Checking in with 45 days sober. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Look at you with 45 days :boom::boom::boom:
Congratulations :boom::boom::boom:
:pray::heart::+1:

3 Likes

It will get better if you stay sober. I quit my job and didn’t work for five months when I got sober. Best decision ever. Hang in there. You are giving your family a great gift by being sober.

7 Likes

Day 7. Been a long time since a day 7.

11 Likes

My first creation :heart:

10 Likes

Oh my lord! That is so bloody cold! It was a lovely warm 28c here in Australia yesterday and during winter we dont even get down to zero. No snow where I live. I can not imagine how cold that must be! Have a beautiful sober day my friend and stay warm :heart:

3 Likes

@Planipennia I take Naltrexone which works on the reward centre when it comes to alcohol which takes away the good feeling when you drink and I also take Campril which works on your GABA receptors in the brain to help curb cravings. If you visit your GP and ask for both these meds they will prescribe them for you and they will help. I am not sure why you have not been offered anything to help with your drinking. You have to be sober to start them so you should have no problem getting them :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Day 29!!! Feeling really good today, but I have to do a trip into town (I live in a very remote area) to do some supply restock and grocery shopping. In the past this is when I would dreadfully stock up on enough booze for a couple weeks since there are no stores around me here.
I am not tempted to buy anything right now and I’m hoping the nice rainy 2hr drive will give me time to reflect on some stuff and I can get in and out safely.
I called my brother this morning, who doesn’t drink and lives near me, he’s been a pretty big advocate for my sobriety as we are both watching our beloved parents drink themselves into an early grave… I told him I was going to the store today and asked if I could stop by on my way home to check in and have someone physically see that I didn’t buy.
I got this. We got this. Staying sober today! :heart:

17 Likes

Congrats on day 7!
I personally thought the first week was the hardest (I know everyone is different) :heart: Keep up the good work.

4 Likes