Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Day 111​:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles: I am on the right path

15 Likes

@Misokatsu thanks. Day 7 after the last breakdown

6 Likes

Day 258

Dont want to write about the day i had but it occurred and nothing life altering happened. Checking in, even if i could use doesnt mean i will.

13 Likes

Sounds like u had a rough day :frowning: hope ur day improves. Hugs

2 Likes

Im so happy you had something to eat and will be able to sleep after too.
This 1899 on netflix is quite good keeping my mind busy i am all cozy too.
Il probably fall asleep soon so have a good nights rest and hopefully we wake up feeling brighter if not we have eachother and everyone here for support :hugs::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Sending you some healing hugs :hugs::hugs:
And your doing amazing congratulations on your 258 days :hugs:

2 Likes

Has it really been nine days since I last posted?? Lawd, my life has been insane still.

I have a sister who is three years younger than me. She is the only “normie” sibling out of all of us kids. We butted heads since childhood and I quite literally hated her for years because I felt she was holier than thou and condescending. Well since our half brother came into the picture our relationship has gone a way I never expected. We have shared so much of ourselves to each other. I never realized what an impact I had on her. So many years wasted but we aren’t doing that anymore. She is flying through Florida and taking a day on December 7th to spend the day with me. But wait, it gets better. She also is going on the cruise! Four nights and five days of sibling bonding. I’m excited about it.

Our faucet exploded and ruined our kitchen floor. We thought it was the pipe under the sink but found the faucet leaking badly too. So a new faucet and pipe for the sink. Praying the floor dries well. Will definitely have to replace some of it and probably the cabinet as well eventually.

Finished my Christmas shopping today. Thank goodness!

This coming Monday is my repeat cat scan on my chest checking to see if the nodule in my lung has grown. Trying to stay positive. Prayers welcomed.

Still struggling with stopping smoking again. I’m so ashamed of myself.

Oh, we weathered the storm Nicole fine. It didn’t hit us as badly as Ian did especially since we used extra protection where Ian affected the house.

Been hitting a lot of ups and downs but nothing has devastated me except for the smoking.

Have a blessed night :heart:

20 Likes

@Bomdhil 7 days is brilliant congratulations :slightly_smiling_face:

@Andrea4 Congratulations on you 111 days :dizzy: you are on the right path yes :+1::muscle::muscle:

@Jonachav123 Congrats on your one month and 10 days your doing so well :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bixanu01 Congratulations to you on your 23 almost 24 days :grinning:

@Bluetiger_221 Congratulations on your 117 days.

@MooseTracks Congrats on your 75 days also glad to hear your feeling a bit better today. Your doing amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations to all of us today :dizzy:
Thank you all for being so caring, iv never met so many thoughtfull caring people and been so lucky to have them all in the same place everyday :dizzy:

10 Likes

Awww you shouldnt feel ashamed, you have kept trying and i know myself quitting smoking is not easy !! I couldnt do it without the patches they really help take the irritability away and mood swings.

I will have prayers for you :pray::pray: for your scan.

I also finished my xmas shopping today but i know il still buy more stuff :upside_down_face: i cant help it im so excited this year even though due to life circumstances the past 2 xmas i realised it is actually quite a sad time of year for alot of people. But i pushed my pain to the side and told myself this year im going to enjoy it with my son.
A cruise sounds amazing but even better to have your siblings with you its something really nice to look forward to, i like having things to look forward to its what keeps me going.

Im glad you got through storm Nicole okay :hugs:
Nice to read your update have a blessed night to you too.

4 Likes

Checking in
Day 278
Nothing super eventful happened today. Some cravings to use (for some reason the cheque in the mail for xmas triggered that urge. Havent dealt with triggers from money in quite some time).
I finished my errands and spoke to my sons medical team about this outbreak at all the schools in this city. Basically she suggested keeping him home from school for a week until this crazy flu dies down. Thats fine. Ill just have to adjust my routine for the gym etc. No biggie. He will return the 28th.
I did some Christmas decoration shopping at the Dollarstore store. They have some super cute stuff. Im going with a red, gold, and white tree this year. Hubby is putting up the tree this weekend! Yay! So decorating will happen next week. I cant wait to start wrapping presents lol
My eating has been super weird. I have been doing well in a sense with my eating. Eating better foods and more reasonable portion sizes. But sometimes i wonder if im eating enough? I am experiencing this weird sensory thing with textures. Like i cant eat if the texture bugs me. Idk. I will feel hungry but at the same time dont want to eat. Many months ago i had huge issues with binging food, hiding food, obsessive thinking over eating food, and now im eating alot healthier but also experiencing other things related to food too. Trying to gain balance in my areas lol
Anyway, hope you all are doing well. I work this weekend si have to dtart getting ready for that.

15 Likes

Life sure gets busy. I will pray for you for your chest scan on monday. Praying for good results :pray:

4 Likes

There seems to be a bad flu going around here in this part of the UK im in too!
Glad your son is well and yes keeping him off sounds like a good idea.

Im wanting to put my tree up but i wait untik after the 7th of dec my sons bday i have just dont that since he was little but im so tempted as especially as his 20 and he isnt interested in the tree really :laughing:
Your colour scheme for your tree sounds pretty.

Money hasnt triggered me for a long time but evry now and then like all the environmental factors like the time of night, payment going in all happen and it reminds me of me sitting there waiting to go to the shop and meet the dealer sometimes it causes a craving others i sit there for about 10 mins thinking of how negative the experience of just going to get it and waiting actually was.

Your such a lovely caring woman, all the people you have thought about making dreamcatchers for xmas i think that really says so much about the kind gentle person you are, such a beautifull soul and im gratefull to be able to share our journeys here together :purple_heart::hugs:

5 Likes

Today is 21 days for me. The last few days have been tough I gotta admit. Not really that I wanna drink but it getting used to having to fill a void outta my day I’m not used too. It kinda sucks having to place a number too on the days I didn’t mess up, from here on out I’m just gonna be thankful for each day.
Hope y’all having a good day!

18 Likes

Congratulations on your 21 days :slightly_smiling_face:
It will get easier to fill that void your feeling.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have found meal prepping with my kids helps with the urges. We play games while we cook and it keeps me busy from about 6-8pm. Nights after 9pm do suck. I just toss and turn all night long. I know it will get easier each day. My day 5 was way worse than today at 21 days.
It didn’t take me 3 weeks to get to this point, It was more like 10yrs so I know I have a lot of work ahead of me.

8 Likes

Congrats on day 5! Hope you enjoy your hangover free weekend :blush:

3 Likes

39 days substance free
169 days self harm free
2 days regular eating

Today was weird. My job has protesters… It shut down business for about 4 hours. We had to close 3x today in total. I also had a busy day outside of work… And I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I am responsible for… At work, I’m a manager, and at home I’m in charge of the house and all the kids and all the schedules. My niece (one of my bonus kids) is going though a rough breakup, and another bonus kid ( little sister in law) is trying to get me to help her sneak time with a boy behind her father’s back… Ugh. I just have too much on my mind today. I will try to sleep soon and wake up at 4 to start another day at work before all the weekend activities for all the kids begins.

14 Likes

Guys!!! I was craving a drink sooo bad but I said no and went to pick up my kids. I was with family and my cousin opened up a nice cold one, so tempting. But nope!
Then my aunt offered me a drink she wanted to share with me.

I openly said with no shame “ I’m an alcoholic. I can’t drink I’m trying to be a better person for myself and my family. Unfortunately once I have one I have no ending” surprisingly they all took it very well and didn’t make it out to be bigger deal than it is. I’m just happy I was able to say that out loud with no care in the world or cared what anyone would think of me.

23 Likes

That’s awesome Katy! What a great feeling. You earned that :innocent:

7 Likes

Wow!!! Thats HUGE!!! Im so proud of you!!!

7 Likes