Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

morning of day 3 i think
i slept about 16 hours
headache, anxiety, body aches
but i will not pick up

20 Likes

Welcome to TS and congratulations on your first sober day!

3 Likes

Thank you. I need to I was getting out of hand again. Not sleeping getting anxiety but back feeling fresh x

4 Likes

Day 8. My lack of sleep is driving me crazy and I become to be upset and I hate being irritable. I can’t go home until night.
A hard day for me, I hope to have strength and avoid being cranky with people

22 Likes

Good to hear, thar you are feeling a little bit better now! :+1:t2:

You are already near the double digits! :wink:

4 Likes

Day 867. Heading out in a few minutes to attempt that brutal trail again. Quite frankly I’m a little scared because it hurt so bad the first time attempted it but I’m better prepared this time for sure. I will never get strong enough to start doing the trails I want to do unless I push through and get through these. Anyway, I hope you all have an amazing day today, love you guys a lot! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

24 Likes

Good morning
I’m on day 17 substance free
And 146 self harm free

I woke up feeling particularly uneasy and I hope it passes quickly. I am going to take today minute by minute.

I hope y’all have a wonderful day!

18 Likes

Me too @Scorpn we got this!!! Minute by minute is how we do this at times and there’s nothing wrong with that at all. Really proud of you have a great day :sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,553.

God Bless!

14 Likes

Life feels pretty stressful right now. I have lots going on. I told my sister a glass of wine is where I would usually go to escape. She reminded me all the stress plus more would be there tomorrow.

14 Likes

211 days :sparkles:
Checking in this evening. I’ve been trying to sit with all my feelings and figure out where they are coming from. I’ve been super sad, and tired. Tried to allow for a bit more sleep this week. I’ve also been eating a bit more seafood, as I’m generally vegetarian and have been for years and I’ve heard a b12 deficiency can cause depression. I can’t figure out where the heck my incredibly low mood is coming from. I eat well, exercise regularly, generally sleep ok, aside from bouts of insomnia. Even still I’m asleep same time most nights now days since stopping bar work early last year.
So I’m trying to see other reasons for my low mood.
Still think I’m a bit lonely, and stressed. I’m hoping my new job will be stimulating and allow for a growth that turns a new page for me. Plus will be earning more money so will be able to pay for regular therapy which is exciting.
Thanks for hearing me, another sober day down.

20 Likes

Lego is always nice, but it is to expensive. I would recommend CADA, Moltking or bluebrixx. It’s the same system and the same bricks. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Yeahaa, double digits!

4 Likes

Also nice double digits!

4 Likes

Checking in for day 31. I hope everyone has a great day!

10 Likes

Hi there? I really hope you are doing ok. I hope you went to a hospital withdrawing from alcohol can be very very dangerous. and If for whatever reason you decided to just drink again so your symptoms can stop please do not let yourself get into a really bad state of mind. We are all rooting for you, all of us have failed. you are not alone. I am praying for you.

3 Likes

Well I am cheering you on, and for what its worth I admire you so much. 211 days!! that is amazing, you have a beautiful smile and a beautiful aura around you.

3 Likes

Any chance there may be communication and validation and mutual recognition parts to this? When I’ve had those feelings I found it helped to dive into my marriage. (In my case. Every person is different but I think a lot of us when we feel lonely are looking to be seen and to see; we are looking to know our thread is woven in somewhere and there’s a connection, a sense of mutual recognition and belonging.) It can also be communities, for example finding belonging in a social or spiritual group.

5 Likes

Checking In on one full week!! This time last week I was SO miserable, in a psychiatric clinic tossing and turning with anxiety. No sleep for so many days. still wasnt able to eat. Just freaking miserable as fuck. I never want to go back. EVER. ODAAT!!

17 Likes

I am finding this very helpful for myself, thank you Matt.

4 Likes