Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Day 259

Another sober day. I watched a failed satire of a t v show. I have perfectly good books to read but im watching tv or in bed! I need to:

Clean my room for 45 min or even just 15 :fearful:
Draft some letters
Go get gas
Pick up my new computer
Pick up auto parts: brakes, rotors, headlamp restorer, new wipers eventually, wire cord for washer fluid.
Post office
Laundry
Shower drain
Shower
Paperwork- a ton of paperwork
Pharmacy
Stretch

:disappointed: i got up at 9 and the day is gone. Hate 2 day weekends.

On time for work for 3 weeks straight. Literally unheard of. But even with that accomplishment im exhausted and feel like im drowning. The only way out is through.

12 Likes

Hi Mark,
can you link the article?
Itā€™s a picture and I would really like to read it.
Hope you are okay, sober and better then this morning.
I have a Bitter Lemon zero half mixed with sparkling water on ice after workout. Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you both so much @Butterflymoonwoman and @Planipennia!
Anyway 120 days is near 4 month on 22.11.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth::yum: alreadyā€¦ my sober date is 22.07.2022.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Have to do a report to TS swim team
@CATMANCAM and @Twizzlers so far. Newcomers welcome.

I had such a badass workoutā€¦
Pushed my heartrate with the fins and paddles.
Had some laughing with a very fast guy.
Nice warm shower after training. Used some special oil for the muscles. Very relaxed now.

:muscle:t2::swimming_woman:t2:

:black_heart::panda_face::black_heart::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Way to go on those 9 months! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Checking in on day 42. Man do I need a check in. A moment to pause my thoughts.
I went out to dinner tonight with my family. The familyā€™s favorite pizza place. Overall the dinner was great. Great food and great company.
Butā€¦ my brother brought up his wifeā€™s birthday party from a few weeks ago were he drank way way way to much, threw up a couple of times, almost broke my freshly healed ankle again and ofcourse he doesnā€™t remember a lot about the party. I was at that party and made it out sober!
But him reliving that night plus some other drunk nights he and his wife had made me crave alcohol so badly at dinner tonightā€¦ everybody at the table new I quit drinking. They know it isnā€™t possible at all for me to ā€˜drink moderatelyā€™ but yet theyā€™re telling drinking storiesā€¦ but heyā€¦ I gueds thatā€™s society? I just tried to stay calm and enjoy my food.

But boy did I want to drink!

14 Likes

Iā€™m sorryā€¦all I read there was ā€˜the new season of peaky blindersā€™ and had to jump start my heart!!! Omg! No sleep for me tonight! Unreal!
Okā€¦Iā€™ll go back and read your post properly now! :grinning:

2 Likes

If I would be able to, I would like to give some more hearts for this post my friend.
I feel so understood.
And your words are warming my heart!
:white_heart::heartpulse::purple_heart::black_heart::hugs:

Had to say this again.

2 Likes

Way to go on making it through that! You are strong and clearly committed to your sobriety. Keep up the good work.

I think I may have responded to all that by saying ā€œthese are the reasons I just wonā€™t drink anymore, ugh!ā€ Of course that could probably bring some drama. So good job on not doing that either!

7 Likes

You didnā€™t drink! Thatā€™s awesome. Take it from me who was in your same situation last week and well I drank. Felt horrible for days. Not worth it. Unfortunately thatā€™s what most people talk about when they want to share their ā€œfun memoriesā€ maybe ask nicely if they could not talk about it around you and explain why. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Iā€™m sure others here have great advice! Good job checking in tho!! Be proud :heart:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a good one! Should have thought of that.
It also suprised me that at the end of each of their drinking stories theyā€™d say:

ā€˜itā€™s okay to drink that much once in a whileā€™ā€¦

Kind of odd to say that in front of on alcoholic no?

1 Like

Well today is my cousins birthday party which usually ends up being a drunk fest. I plan to leave early before all the ā€œfunā€ starts. I told my cousin I donā€™t drink no more so donā€™t offer or expect me to drink. I packed my cooler with some energy drinks and non alcoholic beer-drink (Hop Water) just in case!

Not nervous at all. I got this!! Iā€™ll be sure to check in this time if it even crossed my mind.

11 Likes

Thank you! :heart:
Iā€™m sorry that situation made you drink again :frowning: Itā€™s such a hard fight some daysā€¦

Yeah I should have said something rightā€¦ but Iā€™m gratefull I was able to control my cravings. Kind ofā€¦ But I made it through sober!

5 Likes

Checking in
Day 279
Im feeling much better than I was earlier. Im grateful for the time i had at work to do recovery related stuff. My client went home at 10am so i had 6 hours to myself to relax. I attended an online NA mtg (just listened in), i did a deep breathing mediation, made up a new morning routine to make sure Im incorporating everything I need to in a day for my recovery, did a gratitude list, journaled, and connected to my HP. I definitly dont feel like using right now. Tmrw i wont have as much time during work to do this since my client is coming home, but still i can do a couple things on the way to work. Hubby also got the xmas tree up so we will decorate today after a nice home cooked meal. Feeling good overall. Hope everyone is doing well today and staying addiction free!

16 Likes

Hi everyone,
Day 12 AF for me.
Itā€™s been going well, I havenā€™t really had the urge to drink, even with some anxiety rearing itā€™s head, and a very stressful moment with my dog the other day. She had a seizure and bolted and thought Iā€™d never see her again. We were out bush on a walk, but thankfully someone found her 1.5km from where I was. Normally this would definitely trigger me, but it wasnā€™t until that evening I realised that having a drink never even crossed my mind!
Anyway, my dog appears to be having more seizures, so no more walks for her which is sad. She has renal failure and was so sick 2 months ago we were about to have her put down. But she just keeps on fighting and is really living her best life. Sheā€™s only 7 months and not expected to live much longer, so we are enjoying every day with her that we can.
My partner who used to drink heavily is now 7+weeks AF, Iā€™m so proud of him! He managed to go to a music festival yesterday and stay sober so Iā€™m super proud, but then I made him sleep in the spare room as he was snoring and twitching because of his goutā€¦this morning I feel bad about that. Does anyone else hate sharing a bed?? Lol!
Anyway, Iā€™m off for a walk with my other dog and Iā€™m determined to do something nice with my partner today, maybe even fit a skate in?!:roller_skate:
And thanks for the Netflix suggestions people! Keep them coming! Maybe we need a Netflix thread?! :thinking:
Happy sober Sunday!! :heart::roller_skate:

19 Likes

@Sabrina80 @Twizzlers I also have suspected PMDD. My symptoms improved significantly when I didnā€™t have periods, i.e. when pregnant and breastfeeding. I currently take medication to help. There is a thread where we discuss these things

https://talkingsober.com/t/womens-hormonal-roller-coaster/122389

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a new one for me! But I totally get it.

4 Likes

@residentevil congrats on getting the job :clap:t2: :tada:
@PaigeTurner congrats on your year :tada: :star2::trophy:
@Clarity Iā€™m glad Iā€™m back too :blush: and itā€™s wonderful to see youā€™re doing well :blue_heart:
@Juli1 congrats on triple digits :100: :tada: and your other numbers :tada:
@Ktorres congrats on your week :tada:
@SassyBoomer good luck for your scan on Monday :four_leaf_clover::pray:t2:
@HBT congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@Scorpn I hope you can find some time to yourself soon :pray:t2: sending strength :blue_heart:
@Fiarra congrats on 3 months :tada:
@DryIn785 congrats on your week :tada:

8 Likes

@Nordique congrats on all the 8s :tada:
@Mali ikr! My brother has Sky so he saw it a while ago and Iā€™ve been waiting so long for it to come on Netflix, I just wish there were more episodes. I heard they are making a movie but I havenā€™t researched to see if thatā€™s true yet, but it would be pretty epic :star_struck:

831 days no alcohol.
296 days no cocaine.

Missed yesterdayā€™s check-in. Havenā€™t had my head screwed on properly. My friend that I cut contact with again a couple of months ago, reached out via a new profile, and I got caught up in caring too much. It never ever helps, and then I feel drained and exhausted, mentally and physically. So I havenā€™t engaged in convo with them today, my mind needed peace. It doesnā€™t feel good to ignore someone, but I think that comes from an innate need for connection, which I donā€™t have with anyone.

Anyway, Iā€™ll be alright. Visited family last night for my SILs bday last week, was a nice visit and I always cherish seeing my niece because I donā€™t see her anywhere near as often as I wish I did because my brother and his wife have such a busy social life.

Today Iā€™ve had the worst migraine Iā€™ve had in a long time. So I have been trying to nap it away in darkness. Its still not great and my eyes are blurry. It has taken me hours to do my check-in, but Iā€™m now feeling pleased to have caught up.

I hope youā€™re all having wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

:blue_heart:

18 Likes

Day 8. I carry on

19 Likes