Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Checking in on day 45. Tuesday. Just another workday. My shift starts at 2 pm so I have the whole morning relax. No real ‘to do’ list besides changing my bedsheets so I spend some time playing guitar and exploring and learning about my new amp/effects modler I bought. Really happy with that new toy to play around with.
And it keeps my mind of drinking. Win win!

Have a great day sober family!

9 Likes

I think it takes time to find out what we need. Listen to our bodies. We have neglected our needs for so long and often they collide with what we expect us to be, what we have to perform and how.

But I don’t want to nerve you.

5 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 891. I hope everybody has a good one!

13 Likes

Don’t give up!! You’ll find something better I promise. Maybe your resume needs some tweaking or practice your interviewing skills. Don’t let this bring you down. One door or a few close for that greater one to open. Be patient my friend! Much love! Hope today is a better day.

4 Likes

My resume could use a few extra lies :sweat_smile:
I applied to a bunch last night at work, hopefully I’ll get a response from one of them.

4 Likes

Day 11

I’m having withdraws bad: fatigue, headaches… I know the mood swings are around the corner.

13 Likes

You got this!! I believe in you :wink: take it one moment at a time.

1 Like

That’s beautiful, Rob. Sending love.

1 Like

Just know that even though mood swings may come soon, they will also pass!! Hang in there girl. You’re doing great!

3 Likes

That’s awesome news!! Our health getting better is just one more perk to getting and staying sober!

You’re kicking ass!

1 Like

Buying me some Tylenol today. I would normally drink to get rid of my headaches so I really don’t want to go that route!

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Fingers crossed
And keep applying!

Day 144 AF

I finally hit the “go” button and applied for college. I got everything completed and turned in except for one immunization that I have to get. I called the admissions office to double-check that I had completed everything, only to find out there’s a hold on my account. Apparently when I tried going several years ago, I owe some money for the semester that I ended up dropping. After I had my panicked, drama queen moment (lol because that’s just who I am), I talked myself through it and chalked it up as a small speed bump. I think I’ll be able to pay that off and hopefully be able to start in January. Feels so crazy deciding to start a long college journey at almost 49 years old! But I do feel like this is exactly what my next step is supposed to be.

12 Likes

Hello sober twin, You’re doing awesome keep up the great work! Cheers to day 57!

4 Likes

Thank you @Mno, you too :pray::hugs:

1 Like

Thank you @RosaCanDo

Oh wow!!! I remember this post! Its incredible to see how far uv come. Not just with ur sobriety time but also with how u live ur life :slight_smile: its wonderful to see! Its definitly an inspiration to me

1 Like

Oh wow Rob! Beautiful post. All the work uv been doing along with ur self awareness, will bring u thru this and hopefully to a place of calmness with everything. Thinking of you :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Way to go!! Never too late to get education.
Glad that small speed bump didn’t hold you back. :heart:

3 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,579.

God Bless!

13 Likes