Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Heyyy! Good to see you! I’ve been thinking about you and how you’re doing. Never worry about crowding the thread. You are part of the tribe :raised_hands:t2:

6 Likes

Good morning all. Life has been so driven for me lately. A nine day road trip from Florida to Maine and back again followed by my honor flight to Washington DC a week later. Had a very blessed emotional filled 20 hour day Saturday followed by a Sunday I basically slept through :joy:. Had a very nice chat at dinner with fellow veterans where we discovered all of us not only share veteran brotherhood but are also in recovery family. Was a wonderful time. Still recovering from the last few weeks and I think I’m gonna go back to bed for a bit. Thought I’d share a few pics. (Wheelchair was required in airport) Missed you guys! :heart:

26 Likes

I second what @Olivia said, so happy to see your posting. Thank you for the congrats!

3 Likes

You sound like the perfect kind of friend anyone would be so lucky to have!! I’ve had a hard time making friends since being sober. It’s nothing wrong with us, we just haven’t found “our” people yet. They are out there. Don’t give up & Keep your head up. :relaxed:

3 Likes

That does look like a beautiful day! Enjoy your holiday! I will have to catch up here and see what happened to your ankle… Hope it’s okay!

2 Likes

Karen… Welcome back at day

Please don’t judge yourself…
But please get back on the road ODAAT.
Drinking won’t solve anything… It will make it worse. Please trust me :pray:t2::heartpulse:… I know what I am talking about.

And I know about real bullshit emotions coming up. My coping strategies were drinking, crying drunk and having toxic relationships and drama on.off shit with guys, in past days also self harm and other drugs. Made it all worse!!

I have a few suggestions to get ease,
helping me to handle overwhelming emotions without having a long, muddy bath in it:

• spit it out… share it somewhere, somehow, you can also do it here. Don’t be ashamed. It helps others not to feel alone too.
  • feel it, let it be there… It makes it smaller, immediately. It’s not that strong as your mind makes it
  • don’t take it personal…
    You ARE not your feelings (and they won’t kill you)
  • ask yourself in a kind way, what it needs now
  • write it down and write down a counter thought

Sometimes it’s also helpful to do sports or mediation, but for me that’s more preventive.

Glad to read from you in further posts and checkins! :pray:t2::muscle:t2:

7 Likes

Thank you Julia for the thoughtful post and suggestions. I’ll try to keep those in mind when I start to struggle.

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 869. I hope everybody has a good one!

15 Likes

Beautiful! Just bopping into the site; it’s lovely to see your awesome personal progress & growth. Keep shining!

3 Likes

Checking in day 57! Work 12 hours today so that’ll be the day- still pretty tired from the wedding Saturday (feeling pretty old that I’m having a two day recovery period without even drinking :flushed:).

Thinking about cutting out (or back on) added sugars. I saw there’s a whole thread for it. I’ve done it before and felt great. Just trying to make sure I’m stable enough in my recovery to cut something else out before I jump into it.

Hope everyone has a great Monday, and happy Halloween to those who celebrate!

10 Likes

Have a nice holiday! You earn it!

2 Likes

Congratulations to your first month of sobriety!

3 Likes

No worries! Just make sure you have some painkillers at home! :+1:t2:

I had to get rid of 4 wisdom teeth at once with local anesthesia. It wasn’t a beautifull experience, but it has to be get done. In the end it was perfect fine.

2 Likes

The thought of being in pain and not being able to eat are what im worried about.
My dinner each evening is something i look forward too :joy: the highlight my evening in front of the tv.
Thank you for helping me feel more at ease its nice to know it shouldnt last long.

3 Likes

Day 4

I just love everything Fallout :relaxed:

:joy:

7 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,557.

God Bless!

12 Likes

Wow, this sounds really busy! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Youve been doing alot of reading :slight_smile: how have you been?

2 Likes

Yhank you so much! I really appreciate that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deleted message

19 Likes