Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Checking in on day 29.

16 Likes

Day 865. Damnnnnnā€¦ Somedays the amount of work that gets thrown at me makes me feel like Iā€™m drinking water out of a fire hydrant :rofl::rofl::rofl: Itā€™s pretty intense but Iā€™m making it through :laughing: Coming here and interacting with you all makes my day better and gives me strength, very grateful to be on this path with you all!!! I will try my best to be at the zoom meeting today on my lunch break, super excited to hangout with you!!! Have a kick ass day, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

24 Likes

Congrats @Dtizz 60 days is an awesome milestone to celebrate. Keep fighting the good sober fight

3 Likes

Holy smokes batmanā€¦drinking dreams all night! I guess this is par for the course as im coming up on my 6 month milestone. Greatful it was just bad dreams. Still sober. Ready to make the most of the day!

13 Likes

How are you doing? Are you at the hospital? I hope ur managing thru this. You can do this. Just thinkā€¦ by continuing to stay sober, you will never have to go thru this again

7 Likes

Well done! Wonderful achievement!

2 Likes

Checking in on day 51! 50 sober sleeps complete, and hereā€™s to many more to come :raised_hands:t3: Day off today- have a quick chat with a client in a bit, then going to get to the gym and do some laundry.

My partner (still actively drinking in a problematic way) got blood work done and it looks not so good. Itā€™s tough because I feel for him, but also still know I need to (and want to) end things because our lifestyles do not align, and Iā€™ve been trying to help him get sober for a few years- I finally accept I cannot do that and cannot live this way. It makes it hard for me to be as supportive for him as I want right now. Just a little vent.

Overall feeling pretty decent today :blush:

21 Likes

I noticed that you didnā€™t share your days concerning toxic relationships or eating today. Has anything changed with those numbers?

4 Likes

Big day today

33 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 254
Morning TS fam. Today I get to pick up my old med again. Honestly im SO looking forward to it. I am definitly feeling weird, not sleeping well, headaches, strange dreams, and im tired. Glad i am able to get on meds today.

Today, I am feeling really good about being able to make my 1st payment to a person who gave me alot of money back in the day. It feels really good actually to be able to start making financial amends to others.

Basically my day consists of getting my son ready for school, a workout, grocery shopping, xmas shopping, heading to the pharmacy, and cleaning. Pretty productive day overall. Just how i like it :slight_smile:

Tonight we are ordering out. Will be trying a new donair pizza place. I hope its good! Im excited for it :slight_smile:
Hope everyone has an addiction free day!
:butterfly::heartpulse:

24 Likes

I can relate to that feeling and its awful to feel :frowning: ive had bad experiences with bosses in the past were their actions werent appropriate. Im getting a sense from what u posted, that ur boss had a huge part to play in how ur feeling? Please correct me if im wrong. Its important to remember that how ur feeling, doesnt dictate who you are. They are feelings for sure and those feelings are apart of us, BUT our feelings are not always accurate and its important that we dont take that label on and put ourselves down. For exampleā€¦ You are not dirty even tho u feel that way. If that makes sense.
Idk what happened but i am so glad ur still sober. I do see that u dont have ur other usual numbers up but no matter what happened be gentle with urself and give urself that love and sense of security that it sounds like u need. Im here if u ever need to chat.

5 Likes

Big BIG congratulations on ur 6 months!! Way to go putting in all that hard work!

2 Likes

Ahhh no! :sunglasses:

95 days AF
76 days toxfree
12 days regular eating

:muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

Just didnā€™t notice, as I was a bit in hurry and there is nothing new about these topics today.

Thanks for taking care and noticing Kevin!

Thanks for noticing it as well Dana :smiley::hugs:
Everything okay with these countersā€¦
Thanks for your warming words.
Gentleness, love and sense of security is what I need. Will have a nap :panda_face:ā€¦ And will have group therapy this evening too.

I will take care! :white_flower:
Thanks so much for understanding and that you are all so attentive :hugs::heartpulse:

13 Likes

The work day is almost over, I was anxious only early in the morning. When I arrived at work I felt fine.
Inner Demon: 0
Me: 1
:muscle:

10 Likes

Day 39 af af. Just checking in. Hope yā€™all are all doing well.

16 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing! Congrats on 6 months!!

2 Likes

Bravo! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

I read once that you donā€™t really ever stop being an addict. You just replace bad addictions with something thatā€™s good for you and youā€™re an addict for that. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s actually true or not but I would probably explain my crochet compulsion :joy:

8 Likes

Day 61 AF. This seems to be getting harder and not easier like I would have anticipated. It was REEEAAAALLY touch and go yesterday.

Had a few hours where I disassociated. I havenā€™t done that in YEARS. (For me itā€™s kinda like viewing your day and actions from outside your body. Like you know youā€™re talking to people and grocery shopping or whatever but you canā€™t connect to that action or feeling. So it almost feels like someone told you a story about them doing these things and youā€™re just imagining it.) anyhow itā€™s bizarre and I did some grounding exercises and just rode it out. Knowing what was going on was majorly helpful.

Weā€™re staying with my family while we deal with the rv catastrophe. This place is FILLED with booze. Top to bottom. In every nook and cranny and there was DEFINITELY a part of my braid that said ā€œjust take a swig out of that bottle. You need to calm down. Your stress flip is switched so hard you are literally out of your mind right now. No one will know.ā€ And I stood at the basement fridge for a few minutes.

Ultimately I did what I always do. ā€œIā€™ll go cook dinner and eat some candy and if I still think having a drink is the bast idea for me when Iā€™m done with all that Iā€™ll just have one. No sneaking it. And what do you know. Cooked dinner. Mindfully ate 3 suckers :joy:. Ate with my family and did not in fact actually want to drink when all that was done.

19 Likes

You made itā€¦ :sunglasses:
You are cool and taff! :muscle:t2:

3 Likes