Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Congrats :dizzy: on your 6 months

1 Like

Day 29ā€¦.made it to town, the grocery store and the hardware store without buying any alcohol, home safe and painting for the evening :). I set up a plan in the parking lot that allowed me to shop the aisle closest to the liquor section first and move away from it quickly. By the time I was done with my list I would have had to go all the way back across the store to impulsively buy! I didnā€™t really have the urge to buy, let alone drink but I know if I set myself up for success I am more likely to succeed :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Thanks for your response. It means a lot.

I havenā€™t felt at all up to cooking. I do have homemade cookies that my friend brought and am eating a few too many. I usually have dark chocolate around as a treat. I enjoy my morning coffee but have to limit it due to my anxiety. Itā€™s mostly water for me all day. Maybe I need something more interesting.

Iā€™m definitely just hiding in my room waiting for time to pass and going to bed around 7pm.

Thanks again for your kind words.

7 Likes

Sounds like a tough situation where you want the best for her but could end up looking like the bad guy just trying to help without the support from her dad being on the same page together.
I do get a sense and i could be totally wrong but it sounds like maybe she is struggling alot more than any one thinks, maybe falling behind at school and this has led her to feel she is too behind and is overwhelmed and also worried about her mum and you mention its a big change and it is for all of you at the moment and maybe it is more of her struggling thats affecting her.
I only say this is i have done alot of mental health courses for children and it would make sense maybe she is struggling and worried.
I think your doing the right thing bringing it up and trying to help, maybe she could do with a chat one on one with you maybe not about school work maybe have a girls day together :hugs:
I dont know if my advice fits your situation properly its just from what i read here.
You care alot and it shows i hope things smooth out for you all and that her mum gets better too.
Your doing so well with your sobriety and trying to support her and sometimes as parents we just want the best and sometimes that is tough love too.
:hugs:

Wow your mini furniture is so cute, are you making your own mini house to go with it ? Like a doll house. That actually looks like so much fun.

5 Likes

Hi its been a stressful day trying to make the customer and boss happy at the same time is hard when the customer turns around and says he didnt say he wanted something done and my crew and i heard him say he did and it was ok to just glad its over

3 Likes

Hey Karen! Can you go to rehab? It would give you a great way to kick these withdrawals and get in firmer ground. I had to go twice. I have a career and it was hard, but it saved my life and Iā€™m working at same level again.

6 Likes

Not whiny, 5 days into abstinence. The first 10 days are the hardest so try to give yourself a break. Youre doing a great job, looking forward to your check in tomorrow.

Congrats on making good choices like getting into your jammies.

9 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Evening Check In :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Day 268
Honestly tonight has been hard. Ive taken tylenol bcuz my head is pounding. Every piece of technology is on like full blast (my husband works with loud machinery all day doing construction so i swear his hearing is shot), my son is also struggling to listen tonight, not using nice words and slamming the door on me thinking its a joke. I chose not to feed into it. I dont have the energy. I did chat with him about his language and what other options he can use when hes mad. I told him theres a time and place for playing and that when mommy says no, she means it. Im not one to scream outright but inside in my head i am! And its giving me a headache. I need my downtime. Every single night is loud and busy and exhausting. Either im getting old and hate everything loud now or this is a sign that i need better self care. I get time during the day just for me but i end up being busy doing a million things. I have to start incorporating meditation again or something to calm my head. The more I meditate and make it a daily practiceā€¦ the more it begins to work and i start seeing its effectiveness even when i am not currently doing meditation. It just helps me manage my emotions. I have to admit thoā€¦ im proud of myself for how i handled things today. But im ready to burst into tears honestly bcuz im emotionally at my limit. Thanks for letting me vent TS fam

16 Likes

Time will definitely pass! Another sober day, that is amazing.

Its definitely worth making sure you have some food and hydration beyond cookies. ( though homemade ones are A+!) Having something interesting to sip on that isnt alcohol was honestly so helpful and distracting. It makes bad moments a little happier.

For you and anyone who may be interested, i feel like typing a list of nice drinks. Maybe seeing something here will inspire.

Soda: 2L fountain beverages are inexpensive: coke, dr pepper, orange soda, mountain dew,
Root beer
Fancy craft soda in a nice bottle
Seltzer, many flavors
Fruit juice
Combination of fruit juices
Ginger ale or seltzer + fruit juice
Soy, almond, oat, milk
Apple cider
Hot apple cider with orange juice and cloves
Tea - green tea, herbal tea, chai tea, fruit tea
Arnold palmers
Hot cocoa! Different recipes or plain swiss miss
Water with chopped cucumber+mint, or chopped lemon, or oranges, or limes
Vitamin C packets
Gatorade+vitamin water
Kombucha
Energy drinks
Apple juice is good for bad stomachs or at least personally when i am sick.

If im at the store and even a little tempted, i decide to get a nice non alcoholic beverage, it still feels like a Treat so thats nice.

8 Likes

Is there any type of detox program where you live? That would at least get you through the withdrawals. I had terrible trouble concentrating in the beginning. Podcasts helped me tremendouslyā€¦.specifically ones about people struggling with alcohol and sobriety. Just a suggestion.

I know this is hard as hell. But I promise you it gets a little better every day. Just hang in there!

5 Likes

Day 248

Excited to be on time for work tomorrow. Weird feeling. Early early early. Didnt get everything i wanted to done but i did set the timer and tidy random things for 15 min. Got an annoying patch of shit on my desk and some random trash. Worth it.

9 Likes

Day 11. I really like the journal feature!
I have a ton of paperwork at the end of the work day so writing in a journal is the last thing I wanna do but having the feature on here is great.

@Juli1 Thank you for the tips.
My daughter actually made my favorite treat last night, Banana Nut Muffinā€™s for me to take to work.
I work in construction so I donā€™t have access to heat food up. I did take your advice on soups so I ordered a thermos tonight off Amazon.
I made a sandwich and what I consider a salad today. But that basically consisted of a thin layer of lettuce covered with cheese, bacon, chick peas, red beets and hard boiled eggs with Blue Cheese dressing and Croutons.

10 Likes

Day 388 AF

Wud up.

I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread. Been busy with work and the fam. Nothing much going on. Going to my nieceā€™s quinceƱera this Saturday. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s gonna be a lot of booze. Iā€™m not trippin tho.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

14 Likes

Good to see u on here!! Glad ur still doing well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know you have a lot going on with your job, with your own children and now with whatā€™s going on here. I would treat her like your own child and hope that she feels thankful and not resentful. I think if you help her it might take some of your anger away, like you say, just let the anger goā€¦ And the hassle with your husband. All thatā€™s agitatingā€¦ Putting your effort towards her might make a difference with her to do a better job. Hopefully she will feel like somebody cares enough to get onto her about it. Good luck with all of it.

2 Likes

Not sure. Maybe the bookshelf and peices that go on the book shelf.

4 Likes

Thanks for the encouraging words @Alisa that means alot. It has been a rough day at work thinking about coming home to face it all here.

2 Likes

Day 39
Finally I had a good night sleep without any weird dreams. I did some stretching yesterday before bed and my sore back + the dizzyness it caused are much better. I feel almost normal again :muscle:
I forgot to do my workout tho, the reason was inspiration :relaxed: You can see the result in the ā€œshow the artist within youā€ thread.
I posted my drawings on Instagram too, itā€™s the first time ever that I show the world what my passion is.
Going to update my brushes in procreate to be able to draw more nature stuff. One day I wanna be able to make a picture of my town and make a solarpunk version of it.
Iā€™m almost at work, not looking forward to it but yeahā€¦if I want to eat, dress and sleep somewhere warm I need this job.
I wish you all a beautiful sober day friends :kissing_heart:
Stay strong :muscle:

16 Likes

Have as good a day as you can all. Love from the beach.

17 Likes

Day 414 alcohol free checking in :pray:t2:

14 Likes