Checking in daily to maintain focus #50

We loved it and binged it all at the same time. Still didn’t see the final season yet though gotta get to that.
I think I heard they’re gonna make spin off series following certain characters

1 Like

I’m so pleased to hear your boy is recovering well.
This makes me so happy inside I had been v. Worried about you both and thinking about you lots.
Thank you for the update, and I’ll keep praying and thanking God.
Your doing amazing, holding it all together and not thinking to use, this new life you have given yourself is now becoming your new lifestyle and old habits are getting further away and not thought of as go to escape, such progress :people_hugging:
I’m so proud of you Dana :purple_heart::pray::pray:

5 Likes

You have to watch the final seson, the last episode Rest in peace, omg! Yeah I think it was 3 spinoff series, one with Daryl, one with Maggie and Negan and one with Rick and Michonne, if the rumores are correct. I really hope, cause I cried the entire last episode.

1 Like

Checking in. Day 81

18 Likes

Day 200
Bought cigarettes and hate myself
Craving substances so bad. Not sure I’ll make it past new year to be honest :sob:

Xx

16 Likes

What’s up Hayley?
200 days is HUGE!! CONGRATULATIONS!!:balloon:
You’ve come so far. Have you heard of H. A. L. T. ?

Sometimes the littlest hung can trigger us and there can be a fix for it instead of our DOC.

Long Scalding hot showers with a good cry use to help me when I felt like using.
Hang in there with us.
:pray:t2::heart:

Edit @Hayleylujah
Brian started a great thread about HALT.

13 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,614 sober and have been released from TS Jail. Luckily I didn’t drop the soap…The food was decent and I bummed a few Lucky Strikes from the warden.

Thanks

18 Likes

Congratulations on your 200 days :grinning:

I think this time of year has been difficult for so many of us your not alone on this.
We have to keep doing the stuff we know that works.
It helped me to get through this bad time recently just to know that if I take it one day at a time that one of those days I’ll wake up feeling back to my better self.
I hope this passes quickly and you feel better soon, hang in there it will pass :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Welcome back. Lol

3 Likes

The view from the upper circle as the lights went down for the performance of An Edinburgh Christmas Carol. It has been a fine festive period so far although I have had a few sad spells.

15 Likes

Day 179 check in.

I’ve had a super busy holiday week. And it has all been fairly good. I’ve struggled here and there. But you want to know what’s crazy? All I want right now is to go to my favorite detox center (that statement alone sounds insane) and just sleep for a couple of days with no expectations, no explanations. Just sleep. Doesn’t sound healthy at all. But that’s where I’m at. Luckily I have a therapy appt tomorrow morning.

13 Likes

@Dazercat @Twizzlers
Thanks so much ! :mending_heart:
I’m lonely I guess and it’s a difficult time of year.
I’ve been working all day to keep out of trouble. I didn’t go to a place where I could’ve got into trouble so still making good decisions :+1:t2:
I was nearly at 3 months no cigarettes and I’m so pissed at myself but I can stop again. Going to go out tomorrow and do something nice, get out of these four walls :heart: Might go watch a film or something Thanks again xx

8 Likes

Happy Tuesday. Its been a while. Hope everyone is having an awesome holiday season.

17 Likes

I agree. I got my nicotine patches, but keep smoking anyway; for some reason it’s just more relieving than having a patch on. It doesn’t help that my neighbor Joe keeps giving me cigarettes, and I just don’t have the willpower to say no. :smirk:

Day 2
Had my visit with Brian at 1pm. Hope he doesn’t get in trouble for visiting on his day off. Much as I love talking to him, he has little of practical value to tell me.
“You’re a great guy, Mark”
“I know Brian. But that’s not the problem. I might be losing my apartment.”
“I know what you mean, I might be losing my job.”
“You’ve been there 12 years, they’re not going to fire you if it takes more time to learn the new computer system.”

…and so on. Still, it was good to get out of the house and talk to someone. Not quite as stressed as I was earlier. I stopped at the grocery on the way home to get some things to eat healthier. I think that bag of salad mix is actually cole slaw mix. I’m not used to this. Any suggestions for a better diet?
Anyway, everybody have a great sober night. :v:

14 Likes

If you need a chill, I’m listening to this podcast, it is sublime. Only on bbc sounds, I think but he may have a you tube out there

6 Likes

53 days sober

Had a good day

Stay strong everyone

20 Likes

Can you go watch some Ryan Gosling movies to cheer yourself up?

6 Likes

Day 25
Been feeling like crap the last few days. Just pushing along… I know it’s a process and I’m not going to erase all the damage from abuse in a month… that’s ridiculous :joy: Definitely still healing from my health issues AND alcohol abuse as well. Expect PAWS symptoms and my Body/mind to really start coming back through the next year or so. That was my experience last time I broke free. Work is going really good I was blessed to find this place first go and very thankful. Gym is going really good and I’m getting into my strict diet and routine habits nicely. Work, eat, sleep, healing, gym, rebuild my life, stay sober. All I have planned for 2023. Quitting the nicotine now didn’t fly I think I’ll push that off for a bit longer. Cleaning the house now and then I’ll do my night routines and goto bed. Hope everyone’s keeping up the fight.

18 Likes

I get that same way… for me going to the gym every night is a must. It takes it away for me or else I just battle myself :unamused: I hear ya.

2 Likes

Checking in day 11. Almost done work for the day. The 16 hour days just fuckin kill me anymore. I only have to do a few a week till the weather starts to settle around March, but these couple of months just seem to beat me down anymore. We haven’t had any real major winter storms yet so I guess I’ll count my blessings. Sorry I’m just venting at this point cause I’m tired and getting cranky. :joy:. I’ll go home shower and grab a few hours sleep. Tomorrows a shorter day so I’ll make time for something I actually want to do, with people I actually want to spend my time with. Have a great day/night people.:v:

20 Likes