Checking in daily to maintain focus #50

Day 2000. Best decision ever to be sober :four_leaf_clover::kissing_heart:

18 Likes

Great catch, Lola! Congrats on freedom from alcohol!

4 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can fiends. Sober and clean. Love.

Pic is another Texas spring flower. April 1, 2017
@Lola Beautiful numbers Dame! Huge congrats. You rock.

20 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,616 sober.
3 days out of TS Jail.

Thanks

12 Likes

Day 0 - AF

I was on the other side again… :pensive:
I want peace and calmness back.

16 Likes

Yes. ODAAT and all that friend. Don’t take that first one. Come here first, or anywhere that is helpful to you. We do it together. Alone we lose. Hugs.

4 Likes

@Lola Congratulations :clap::tada::clap: So wonderful.

@Juli1 Keep on trying. You deserve that peace, you really do. And you can have it, just gotta keep trying everything.

My three year TS anniversary!

17 Likes

Good morning everyone!
Just wanted to check in today. Mindset is different, it was a full time job yesterday. Lots of podcasts, reading, staying busy, even made more Christmas cookies after Christmas lmao :rofl: but fuck it, it worked :grin: it is still so so crazy to me how you can be going along and then this wave hits…but the current still hasn’t taken me under. Looking forward to starting the new year clean and putting a period on this one. Being sober is the only good thing coming out of this damn year, and I will fight like hell to protect it.

@Butterflymoonwoman, thank you for caring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you have always been amazing and I am so happy to see the progress and life you have created for yourself. I read tons so I see your progress, just don’t post a lot, learning to keep my mouth shut and just listen for a while.

I hope everyone has the most amazing day!

9 Likes

Do you have suggestions when you get that spinning feeling? Or anything that works for you?

2 Likes

So, tomorrow I will hit my 1 year. What did you guys do to celebrate/mark this big day ?

10 Likes

I ate misokatsu! And got a shiny AA chip off the internet.

8 Likes

What kind of dish or cake(?) Is that ? I cant wait to have my one year chip! No one knows I gone sober, or maybe rhey could tell Im not drunk everytime we meet, but I kever told anyone I stopped drinking, only my husband knows.

5 Likes

Ice cream is traditional but not everyone’s choice depending on relationships with food and sugar!

3 Likes

Fried pork cutlet with miso sauce

Only my immediate family knew I had quit too, and I didn’t announce it was my one year. I was worried he would just say it was normal to not pass out mid-afternoon. I definitely relished the congratulations on here, from people who really knew the process.

14 Likes

I came here and celebrated with my sober family.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #50 (Part 22).

I find anything grounding or mindful is the way to go. My favourite for an immediate fix is the 54321 thing as per the below pic. But really anything to get out of my head, be here now instead of living in the past or the future. Three deep breaths, yoga, get out to the woods for a walk or a sit, have a bath, scroll through the mental health thread here, do a puzzle, play a game on my phone, read a book.

Tara Brach’s RAIN practice has also helped me Resources ~ RAIN: Recognize, Allow, Investigate, Nurture - Tara Brach

I have never managed to maintain a regular meditation practice but in the brief periods I have those times are easier.

11 Likes

I quit dipping. 2 can a day habit

4 Likes

Ty! It hasnt been easy

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think so!! Proud of you!!!

1 Like