Checking in daily to maintain focus #50

Congratulations to magnificent 200 sober days! :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

2 Likes

that guilt needs to FRO and so does your husband with his expectations. I thought heā€™s jobless. shouldnā€™t he be doing that stuff now?

(Iā€™m being cheeky, not entirely serious, donā€™t come for me)

enjoy your time off and do sth nice for yourself! :slight_smile: :bouquet:

7 Likes

I hope it is as good as the muppets version. :wink:

2 Likes

If I may ask, for what do you use the excel sheet? Maybe step work?

1 Like

Congratulations on your 100 days Travis.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Huge congratulations on triple digits!!! Love that ur treating urself to a few new things. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

You canā€™t get any food as a supporting person? :astonished: :roll_eyes:

I would asume, that these things are inclusive if you stay with your disabled son in a clinic in Canada?

2 Likes

Nicely done! Triple digits! :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

We have to pay. We dont get it for free unless we are on isolation and cant leave the room. Then we get food trays lol my son gets his formula for free here tho. Which is good for sure :slight_smile: this stay is turning out to be alot longer than planned. And with having xmas recently we have almost used up our extra savings for emergencies for living here at the hospital. Butā€¦ the social workers are in today so im going to see if i can get a cafeteria gift card. They have them occasionally. I have to say tho that even tho i have to pay for food for myself to survive here, im grateful that we do live in canada bcuz healthcare itself is free. So i shouldnt complain about the food lol

7 Likes

This is why there are so many sobriety support meetings during ā€œthe witching hourā€. I still attend meetings regularly at that time at 22 months sober.

7 Likes

Checking in on day 53 AF. Canā€™t believe I made it through Christmas with my family without drinking! Feeling very proud of myself.

21 Likes

You should! Well done!

5 Likes

Not necessarily with addiction specifically but I can relate to that feeling of spinning, bouncing in and out of feelings of stability and fragility. As time goes by I find myself getting used to the turbulence and getting less caught up in it when it comes.

Glad you are checking in and reaching out. You are not alone! :pray: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Checking in.

Had a good enough Christmas although it was a bit topsy turvy. Usually see friends and family Christmas Eve to boxing day then head home for a few quiet days. Instead we had Christmas at home with my parents, we sorted the food and it seemed a bit less stressful that way. Now we are at their house and planning to see a couple of people while weā€™re here. It has meant less really chilled out time overall which I have missed, but itā€™s still been nice.

Have felt quite disappointed with a couple of my friends this year. This is the third time Iā€™ve been at my parentsā€™ and the third time it looks like I wonā€™t see them. I guess our lives have just drifted which is sad cos we used to be so tight, Iā€™ve lived out of the area for 10 years and weā€™ve stayed in touch pretty well. But equally I am not prepared to keep on trying to connect with people who donā€™t want to make a couple of hours for me when Iā€™m here. If they want to see me I would love it and would take them up on it. But itā€™s up to them if they want to.

Still, I am all the more grateful for the people who have made the effort as a result. And got a few nice things planned over the next couple of days.

I have been struggling a bit recently as I start thinking about the future, I do have some decisions that I feel I need to make but donā€™t quite have theā€¦ Confidence? Something like that anywayā€¦ To make them. Here and now in the present moment though things are OK. So my priority is to be here now and deal with the rest when I need to!

15 Likes

Checking in. Day 82

14 Likes

Day 54

Never felt stronger

Good music is key today

Stay strong

12 Likes

Today I feelā€¦ Optimistic! Before getting sober I didnā€™t realize how much life has to offer. From simply the birds chirping to the rain that provides us water.

19 Likes

Check in Day 10 AF

19 Likes

Having an annoying day. About to go somewhere and Joe shows up to talk ā€œfor 5 minutesā€. Iā€™ll write more when he leaves.

9 Likes

day 101

Thank you to everyone who celebrated tripple digits with men yesterday been an interesting time thats for sure.

Its going to be rather warm here today 32c/89f so not sure as to what the we are doing yet.

No matter your plans today stay safe team!

20 Likes