Checking in daily to maintain focus #50

It’s 3am here. Just woke up from a horrible nightmare and now I’m scared to go back to sleep. So I guess I’m up now. Day 2.

12 Likes

Day 56
I just woke up from a dream I have to tell you about. Usually I forget them but when not they’re kinda important for me I guess.
I was going up a hill that is packed with shops. There is one shop I used to like a lot in the past so I walk in. The interior is absolutely strange and I can’t find any nice clothes because it’s so chaotic. I keep on walking through because I know at the end of this store is a nice place to sit and watch the mountains behind it (me, with fear of heights :+1:).
Just before the door I almost run into a guy. Black, short wavy hair and brown green-ish eyes. We look at each other and it instantly clicks.
I go past him, out of the store and take a seat with a nice view.
I pick up my phone and start writing about him, that sometimes you see people that are so beautiful that they instantly catch you.
I feel that someone is staring at me from behind and I turn around. It’s him, smiling at me because he read what I wrote on my phone.
End.
My subconscious makes nice things sometimes :sweat_smile:
Anyway, I’m still laying in bed. Time to get up and have a shower. Then breakfast and then grocery shopping :shopping_cart::shopping:
Have a beautiful sober day friends :kissing_heart:
Stay strong :muscle:

12 Likes

I’m very interested in Ice bathing and the Wim Hof method too but every time I’m in the shower I don’t do it :sweat_smile:
Maybe I should just have a cold bath but I don’t know with what temperature to start.
Cold showers and baths are good for our nervous system and help to regulate it.

Edit: I just found something! It’s recommend to start with 18°C and slowly go down to 14°C :scream::cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

7 Likes

My sleeping isn’t great at all, but addiction wise I’m OK. Thanks for asking!

I was hiking this morning again. We had to stop, because they’re hunting wild boar and forget to put a sign up. That was not a pleasant experience, when somebody is looking your way with a rifle.

2 Likes

Right, your BSL course! :wink: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m a hot mess. Been up since 3am. Anxiety is bad so can’t get back to sleep. Feeling incredibly lonely and sad so crying a lot. I’m scheduled to go volunteer later this morning so trying to get my shit together. Tempted to cancel but I know I should get out of the house. I just don’t feel like I have anyone to talk to. Then again I never want to bother my friends with my problems. Don’t want to be a burden. Everyone has their own problems. They don’t need me bringing them down. I want to be more supportive of others here but don’t feel like I have anything useful to offer. I’m only on day 2 (for like the hundredth time). I’m hoping that after volunteering I’ll be able to nap. I’m exhausted.

13 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 895. I hope everybody has a good one!

14 Likes

Morning everyone! I’ve been using this app for a couple weeks now to help stay sober.

Today I’m 5 months dry!

Its the 2nd time. I should be sitting at over a year. But I drank at my brother’s wedding in June, made a fool of myself and slept with a stranger. Again. I hate me when I drink.

Things are getting really tough right now. On December 10th, it’ll be 10 years since my 6.5 month old son died. :blue_heart: I’m really struggling not to buy some :crown:

My living children need a sober mom. So that’s the game. Just don’t drink. Easy enough.

I hope y’all are doing well. :pray:

Edited to fix grammar. :grin:

20 Likes

Hello @SoberMommaX5! Welcome to the TS forum!

3 Likes

Day 897 clean and sober today. I got to go on a much needed little 6.7 mile hike yesterday and it was soooooo pretty to me. There were lots of people on the trail though so I let groups pass me (I take a lot of pictures) so I wouldn’t be rushed. I was eventually able to time things so I was alone for the majority of my time. I hope everyone has a beautiful day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

23 Likes

I am so sorry about your loss.

4 Likes

Checking in day 83! Off work allll day :raised_hands:t3: Plan is to finish putting up some Christmas deviations, clean, and get back to the gym hopefully ( I was doing so good but haven’t been since my partner was in the hospital). Time to get back in my flow.

Have a safe, sober, superb Saturday all!

13 Likes

If you can’t sleep could you do some meditation or g ntle stretching so that you are at least more calm?
Just being a member of the community is enough here. Share away

@SoberMommaX5 Congrats on 5 months!

5 Likes

Day 837

Put the Christmas decs :christmas_tree: up this morning. The tree has its usual random shit on, but the kids did it all themselves. This afternoon my kids did some extra karate practice. They have their belt test next week. Orange vibes appreciated :orange_heart:. I am going to try incorporating meditation into our daily routine to help my son with his ADHD. Of course my daughter wanted to do it too. They were both very open towards it, and said they felt calm after. I guess the hard part is keeping doing it, especially on busy school days, which of course are the days that need it.

17 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 286
Morning TS fam! Hope everyone is doing well. Not a whole lot to report honestly. Just on my way to work. Then after work i have to head to the bead store for some supplies for 1 more dreamcatcher i need to make (the one with the 4 colors of the Medicine Wheel). Im feeling fatigued and run down today and i dont know if its bcuz i may be getting sick or if it was bcuz of the amount of walking i did yesterday after our lunch invite. Like i said earlier i ran errands yesterday and it involved ALOT of walking. Got my boy new shoes tho:

They are adaptable (zip around the foot) so that its easy to get his feet in with his foot braces.
Anyway, i hope everyone has a great day!
Hugs TS fam
:butterfly::snowflake:

20 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,583.

God Bless!

16 Likes

I actually managed to nap for an hour, so feeling calmer. I’ll make myself go walk soon too. Thanks!

7 Likes

Congrats on 60 days!!! :tada:

5 Likes

Day 15

Feeling great! Made it through the holidays without having a sip. And honestly every time I was offered a shot I was just grossed out by the smell. And when I was telling people I was sober they just said “ahh just give her a couple of days” woooow. Kind of hurtful but whatever. I’ll just have to prove them wrong. I love me a challenge :wink:

24 Likes

Wow im sorry they said that, and you can prove them wrong! Congratulations on meeting that challenge of 2 weeks!

I had so many offers to drink and some events where I was the only one not having any, including this thursday. Its alienating but feels good to consistently hold that line.

6 Likes