Checking in daily to maintain focus #50

Day 850
Popping by for a quick check in. Work was stupid busy and understaffed yesterday. It was still considered a holiday so we were barebones weekend staffing while our clients had a normal busy Friday. I’m tired. There were no moments of downtime and my team is all loopy & a bit burned out today. Hopefully today will go back to being quiet. Lots of thoughts and emotions I’m processing today.

16 Likes

Day 22
I drank too much caffeine
Wow that sucks
I got the shakes and now my belly hurts
No more caffeine today
I’m going to just lay down for a bit

Stay strong everyone and remember to take it easy. No need to rush

17 Likes

I’ll just throw out some quotes and call it :sunny: GOOD DAY :sunny:.

“I have seen that in any great undertaking, it is not enough for a person to depend simply upon himself.” – Lone Man (Isna-la-wica), Teton Sioux

You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Ask questions from your heart and you will be answered from the heart.

Tell me and I’ll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I’ll understand.

9 Likes

Look at you staying strong! That’s awesome!

My cousin doesn’t understand. She once got very drunk and embarrassed herself and after that she doesn’t like getting drunk she will just have a couple of drinks. Must be nice, wish it took me once to learn my lesson. Lol

7 Likes

Hope you feel better!! Drink some water.

Congrats on 22 days!! :clap:t3:

2 Likes

@Minatasha it is too much, so we can only do what we can, and that might look different each day, but however it looks, it’s enough. Sending strength :blue_heart:
@adrivdahl well done for pouring those bottles down the sink :clap:t2:
@ReeBee28 congrats on 60 days :tada:
@SoberMommaX5 welcome :blush: congrats on 5 months :tada: so sorry for your loss :mending_heart: anniversaries are hard, sending strength :blue_heart:
@anon9289869 sorry about the stress at work :blue_heart: but congrats on 850 days :tada:

838 days no alcohol.
303 days no cocaine.

It is completely unheard of for me, but I slept in til midday! I fed the cats and took my meds around 5am like usual, but then I usually only nap for an hour ish, so I was pretty shocked when I saw the time.

I was doing well until an hour ago, then I gave in to the cigarillo AND sweets cravings, my addict bargained with me that we can try again on Monday, as the program we are staying up late to watch atm ends tomorrow night, so I can go to sleep around 9pm, instead of 1am like I have been recently. That will help loads.

I have started my Xmas shopping, I’m not too stressed about it, which makes a change. I’m just grateful I can afford to buy gifts for my family because I’m not spending every last penny on drink or drugs.

:blue_heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations!!! :tada: keep up the great work!
That’s an amazing achievement!

2 Likes

Never too late to celebrate a 60 day milestone.
tenor (1)

Congratulations Ree :+1: Great job :clap:
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations on your 15 days and getting through the Holiday Katy. It’s a big fucking deal!! That’s why we’re here for ya. Some people just don’t or won’t get it.

You’re doing amazing :star_struck:

9 Likes

Day 266

Still sober.

100 days until I am a year sober.

Im asking myself, what do I want to have done by then?

I want to continue to be dependably on time for work, if im late i want it to be odd and in no way part of a pattern.
I want to have read a list of 10 books and spend less unregulated time online. Including Another Country and On Earth Were Briefly Gorgeous.
I want to have a significant chunk of my own creative writing done.
I want to fundraise effectively for my friend who is going through a terrible time.
I want to be done with level 3 of duolingo.
I want to keep tidying, reading, and do better at staying present each day.

Reasonable goals for 3 months.

So we will see how it goes.

16 Likes

Congratulations on 60 days!!! It is a wonderful achievement. One that I share with you. Keep up the amazing effort :heart:

6 Likes

Day 4

Today has been busy and full on but it has been amazing to spend time with my boy. We spent the morning buying bits for the flat (including a new mattress for him and a new night light / clock). Then this afternoon it was all about board games and then a story before bed.

I love the time I spend with him.

One of the things I noticed about myself today is that I ignore the messages my body flags up to me. Whether it is the pain in my arms when I am lifting more than I should, the heaviness of tired legs when I swim or the fact I am mentally exhausted I just push on regardless.

I believe this is because I have always had this ingrained belief that I was never good enough so I have always pushed beyond my limits. It’s not healthy and it’s something I want to change. Noticing it is the first part, making the change is the next.

I hope you all have a great sober day.

10 Likes

Yes it’s about the way, I think…
That’s why I start again with the feet.
Didn’t get much more then the calfs until now, but I did that at 0 degree air temperature last winter, not sure what the river had this time.
I will watch out for spots where i can do more in my area next year. Next 2 weeks i will go to the river with feet and calfs. Then I will leave on holiday, the Atlantic has around 18 this time of the year :sweat_drops::ice_cube::heart_eyes:

Enjoy your journey…
Happy to hear about your experiences :pray:t2:

6 Likes

Hi sober friends! 61 days today.

I got through my first night shifts in over 18 months and slept without getting drunk! Yay for me! Feeling a bit rough due to some medication changes but it will only be a few days of that dizzy feeling and I have a week off to rest so thats what I will be doing. I had 2 people pass away during my shifts which is always hard but an unfortunate part of working in Intensive Care. I was able to provide care to those patients and support their family’s with compassion and respect and went home and didnt drown myself in booze. I didnt even feel I needed to. That is a very big step for me. Before I got sober I would use the sadness of the job as an excuse to get wasted. Now I feel the sadness but am not consumed by it. And I take up the offer to debrief with the manager after my shift ends now which I never did before. It helps to leave it at the door when I go home.

I watched the final Season of Dead to Me yesterday and cried at the end. It was a great series. Very funny and sad at the end. Must find a new series now. :thinking:

My children are home trom their dads for the week and it nice to have my little girl fall asleep cuddled up with me in bed without worrying about passing out or her smelling alcohol on my breath. She snuggled up and told me how beautiful I smelt last night and I was very proud of that. I have a shower every night because I am not too drunk to remember and use all my lovely smelling creams. I even have some new sets of PJs. All of these simple things I never bothered with before because I was too wasted at that time of night.

Feeling pride instead of guilt feels very good. Have a wonderful day friends.

Ree :heart:

19 Likes

Horrible day thanks to a horrid dream about drinking that woke me up this morning, i woke up sobbing…so cried it out and did a thread on here, got some great help so tried to start my day over getting chores done then my mother texts …asks what im up to, i say im popping to the store to get a,b and c and she says…are you sure thats all your getting? …basically asking if il be buying alcohol…after all the hard work ive been doing itd felt less painful had she just gut punched me! Then when i react she tells me how supportive shes been…supportive?? Ive seen more emotional empathy and emotional intelligence in a beer mat!!! Rant over
(Obviously i didnt say the last bit to my mother i just didnt reply, she can stay in her ignorance that i not only have to fight alcohol i have to fight her pathetic digs aswell, while she sees herself as supportive)

9 Likes

126 days free from alcohol
108 days free from toxic relationships
18 days imperfect regular eating

Icy foot bath in the river this morning again and a long family day. Had a looooot of fun with my 10 year old niece, shooting snapchat fun pics and afterwards cuddling together on a little couch and watching kids tv.

I love her so much. :heartpulse:

Now i am tired at home, drinking a pineapple juice… Hope I will have a good night.

Sending love, peace and ease :black_heart::panda_face::pray:t2:

14 Likes

Yess!!! I had some “she won’t last” thrown my way too. And it only made me double down on my resolve to stay sober. I’m so happy for you to have the strength and determination to tell them NO and decline drinking!! You’re doing amazing!! Well done :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Checking in
Day 286
Im really having a hard day. Im sooo irritable amd discontent. Im restless from being cooped up in this hot, stuffy office sitting for 8 hours bcuz my client doesnt want us out there. My body hurts from sitting down. Im trying to get myself back to my right state of mind. I feel very cranky and just very much disconnected. I dont like this. Once i leave work in about an hour it should be better. I need fresh air and i need to get moving.
The past week or so, Ive been reading other peoples checkins and i want to respond but im feeling like i have no emotional or mental energy left in me. Its not that i dont care but i really feel like my cup is basically empty lately so to speak. Anyway… i have to run an errand after work and then i cant wait to get home. Have a nice shower and eat.
Hope everyone is doing well today

17 Likes

Surviving day 2. It hasn’t been pretty but I’m not drinking and actually don’t have any desire to drink. Thankful for that. My cats have been extra snuggly today. I think they sense I’m struggling.

17 Likes

Feeling good today. Day 209 free from weed and alcohol. Anxiety still high. Went to a dual recovery meeting for the second time and i guess im bringing the topic next saturday lol this will be my first time leading a topic in my aa career. Wish me luck lol. Damn impulsiveness ahh oh well it’ll do me good

15 Likes