Checking in daily to maintain focus #51

Day 31

Step 3 would be like :sweat_smile:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

Love you @zzz lol

2 Likes

Congratulations to your first sober month!

I love John Candy and especially Uncle Buck!:star_struck:

1 Like

5 months of sobriety! Congratulations!:tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada:

3 Likes

Hahaha that made me laugh bcuz i realize how silly that must sound. I havent owned snow pants in decades lol back home in manitoba tho, i used to have to layer my pants bcuz it was soo cold. Thinking back it would have been easier to just buy snow pants.

2 Likes

Hallo Julia,

ich freue mich, dass es Dir weiterhin gut geht.

Ich war vor kurzem auch tanken und war total erstaunt darüber, wie viele Flachmännersorten und Mengen es in der Tankstelle gibt.:astonished:

Man sollte ja nicht vergessen, dass man alkoholisiert nicht fahren soll, aber wann trinkt man denn ansonsten diese Mini-Variante?:thinking::wink:

Ich hoffe, dass Deine Woche gut gestartet ist,
Matti

Dang, sorry. This should have been a PM.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing ur experience :slight_smile: i have had this sense of fear since about 8 months clean or so bit it has intensified pretty bad over the past week. I love what you say about valuing your existence now, bcuz thats exactly how i feel. Which is really a good thing!
I do have to practice faith over fear for sure. I think I really have to get into that more bcuz that fear is pretty heightened in my life right now. I will be doing that today and see how i feel :slight_smile: thank you!

6 Likes

Yes, sir! 5 sober months for you! Congratulations!:confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman That is such a lot of understandable fear to be carrying around. Are there support groups for parents of children with chronic health issues that you could attend?

@KarenKW Congratulations on 30 days! It is something to be proud of.

@Fury Good luck with the new job!

4 Likes

Day 1, been here many times but that’s ok, I’m here again with new determination

13 Likes

Congratulations to your new employment! It sounds really good!:+1:t2:

1 Like

1582 days af. Happy to be free of booze. Have a great day sobriety seeking fellows :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

Haha I do this :joy: I thought I was the only one :sweat_smile:
Leggings, regular pants for the day, and sweat pants on top.

1 Like

Thats EXACTLY what i do!!! In that order also haha thats sooo funny :smile:

1 Like

Thats actually not a bad idea to look into. I wonder if there is? Ill have to do some research. Thank u for the suggestion friend. Hope u have an amazing day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day 128
The morning started very very cold and with some missing trains :sob: I was in such a bad mood this morning, not only because of the train situation. To be honest I don’t know why I was so angry. Woke up: angry :woman_shrugging:t2:
Tried to post something here but realized “Do you really want to spread this bad mood? You don’t even know what’s wrong!” so I deleted what I wrote and thought “First give this day a chance. If you’re still angry later, post about it”.
Now my mood improved a lot :relaxed: The day was okay most of the time.
My gums are better but the infection is still there, I can’t chew without pain. So I called my dentist, she’ll take care of it tomorrow. I’ll lose some working hours but it’s my health. I only have this one.
I wouldn’t do this if I’d still drink. I’d manage this on my own somehow and make it worse in the end.
So, I’m proud of myself for managing this day better as I thought I would.
I wish someone who struggles the same experience. In the morning you may think “shitty day ahead” but in the end it becomes a quite good one and maybe you even learned some lessions :blush:
Have a beautiful sober day friends and stay strong :muscle::kissing_heart:

13 Likes

Same in every damn grocery store at the cashier. Tiny bottles of Rum or Wodka. What the heck?
I never understood that. But Gas stations? Ooof :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much, Kind regards!

2 Likes

Today is not off to a great start. I’ll elaborate when I get home, but for now I just wanted to talk because it’s shaping up into a drinking day. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #51 (Part 23).