Checking in daily to maintain focus #51

Wow @SoberGuyUSA that was really really nice of you to say. Thank you so much for that it made me feel better. Thanks Chris :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Wooohooo one whole year of freedom. Good work @Wakikki

4 Likes

Checking in day 117! Was up early and have some laundry in. Weā€™re getting a little warmer weather than weā€™ve been having so planning to hike this afternoon. Trying to get back to eating more nourishing food after being sick (was doing well before), but my body craves comfort food when sick (which is OK- not going for perfection here). Anyway, should be a good day. Have a lovely, sober Friday and kickoff to the weekend!

15 Likes

Hi yes that sounds good

2 Likes

WOWZERS!!

You got a year!
Congratulations Wakikki. This made my day! I never saw it coming. What a great way to end the year and bring in a new one.

Happy First Sober Birthday
:pray:t2::heart:
Iā€™m so happy for you :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

What a difference a year makes!!! Congratulations on your hard fought year!!! :clap: Bravo!! :heart:

4 Likes

Checking in day 106. We are heading home after time with family. Will be nice to get back in my routine. MIL didnā€™t push the alcohol in me this time. Apparently my husband had a side bar conversation with her and told her not to push it. I was very grateful for that gesture.

18 Likes

Thatā€™s a good move by your husband. It always helps when somebody has your back.:v:

5 Likes

Checking in on day 83.
Gratefull to be sober. Sometimes I still feel a lurking feeling Iā€™ll drink again some day. That scares me. I donā€™t want to drink. The alcoholic in me wants to.
Iā€™ve got to keep him quiet. Or else Iā€™ll end op drinking every day again.

16 Likes

Just worry about today, thatā€™s helped me when those thoughts happen. :wink:

5 Likes

Congratulations to 1 sober year!

7 Likes

Please donā€™t harm yourself for the fucked up and shitty behaviour of others.

From my little knowledge of Japanese culture, I would guess those things are twice as hard as in other countries. :roll_eyes:

I hope, that youā€™ve friends, who can fill some of the gaps, which family leave open in your case.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve something similar going on. I bought another book about the ways alcohol distorts your metabolism and neurophysiology. Iā€™m still finding more and more explanations for the symptoms I was suffering during abuse. And with every finding Iā€™m less prone to drink again.

7 Likes

Indeed: wow! :one: year!! :facepunch:
Congratulations! :tada:
icegif-256

6 Likes

Day 56

Got to take my wife out to dinner last night

But yes I had some thoughts about using be4 that
It would have been 50$ deep if I picked up a thc vape set up

Food is way cheaper and way better.
Milk shakes and cheesey fries aaaaaa yeah!!

I have seemed to fight off cravings easier. Even though I crave I can tell myself no easier. I hope it stays like that

Stay strong everyone

Happy new years coming up

16 Likes

Thank you! I know, I never saw it coming my self! Its just unbeliveble! Now its just to continue this, and to get the anxiety hanging on me to get away.

I really cant belive its been a whole year. I have not had a drink in one whole year! Im the best!! And in january I can acutally say I have not had a drink since 2021! :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

It really does! Thank you, it have really been a hard figth, but so worth it. I never saw 1 year coming for me, I keept slipping so much and often, but here I am, one year sober.

8 Likes

It is very inspiring seeing people keep going through slips and restarts. I am super happy for you!

9 Likes

@Mno congrats on 1300+ days :tada:
@Wakikki congrats on your year :tada: :trophy::star2:
@meg2 congrats on trying again :tada:
@Misokatsu sorry to hear about the SH, it makes me so sad that youā€™ve got such a sh*t husband and in-laws. Keep trying to talk to him despite his ignorant responses, he needs to hear it. Iā€™m right there with you on the binge-eating and weight gain disgust :cry:Sending strength and offering :people_hugging: :blue_heart:
@mx_elle congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@Rockstar24777 sending strength :blue_heart:

872 days no alcohol.
337 days no cocaine.
6 months no sex. (I keep quiet about the episodes of bingeing this one, 6 months has actually gone really quick, pleased to be free from the self-harming way I used it in the summer, grateful I had therapy to explore it at the time).

Didnā€™t get to sleep til 2am this morning, so my day didnā€™t get started properly until I finished my morning routine around midday. I havenā€™t done much. Took some mail that wasnā€™t addressed to me to the post box, and in doing so, I missed a parcel delivery. Oh well, it gives me something to do to go to collect it tomorrow. Itā€™s for my cats, something their groomer recommended.

So tomorrow is NYE. Iā€™m really hoping for some energy and motivation from it becoming 2023. Hoping to get back to swimming, and also the gym. Sick of starting every new year with the challenge of losing all the weight Iā€™ve gained through my eating disorder. So Iā€™m hoping 2023 will be the year I can regain some self-restraint. Itā€™s lingering in my mind something my last therapist said in one of our last sessions, that the bingeing is my way of self-harming. I can understand that it is, no matter what it is that Iā€™m bingeing at the time. Donā€™t know where I was going with this but yeah, I guess itā€™s clichĆ© that Iā€™m hoping next year will be different, but I like the hoping.

:blue_heart:

21 Likes

It is yeah, because I think that gives also hope to others, seeing that even if you slip and fail, it does not mean you cant keep push forward. I know I slipped so many times thinking I can never do this, I have been here few years dont remember when I signd in here, but seeing others struggel and never give up, gave and gives me hope.

Its a big thank you to the whole comunity here, I could never have done it with out all off you! It really is minutt by minutt, hour by hour and day by day. And Im not drinking today and Im probably not drinking tomorrow .

9 Likes