Checking in daily to maintain focus #51

I’m sorry that you made this experience :slightly_frowning_face:
I trust my dentist 100%, she is specialized in patients with fear and she’s simply gorgeous. All of her assistants too. I told them before they started that my fear has increased and that I even had panic attacs not long ago.
I got a tiny stress ball to squeeze and she explained every step she made :heart:
And I knew it’s okay if I want to stop, all of that relaxed me enough to push through.
And we only fixed one tooth, the worst one :sweat_smile: The other one is going to be fixed in April.

11 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your grandpa :people_hugging: thinking of you and your family during this time.

4 Likes

@Hazy I hope you got some sleep :sleeping:
@Mno so that’s where the geese have disappeared to, since the lakes I walk round have frozen over, it’s been so strange not seeing them! I hope meeting the new therapist went well. :blush:
@onthewagon31 congrats on 9 months :tada:
@KellyKelly congrats on 300 days :tada:
@GOKU2019 thanks for noticing :blush: one day closer now. I’m sorry for your loss :mending_heart::people_hugging:
@Sabrina80 yikes! I’m terrified of the dentist too, I can smell it just from reading your post, I always hope that I don’t need any work done :grimacing: my next check-up is in Feb, aaargh! I’m glad your experience today went okay, you got through it, well done :people_hugging::star2:

899 days no alcohol.
364 days no cocaine.

Double milestones tomorrow…don’t I know it! These urges to binge-eat or buy some disposable vapes are putting a capital C in Cravings, and capital Ms in Milestone Malady!!

I went to the shopping centre and got my dad some aftershave and socks for his bday next week, also a card and wrapping paper. No more stressing and scrolling wondering what to get him.

Got home, and stood, frozen, leaning over my kitchen side for 3 hours fighting urges, it took everything I had to get myself out for my lake walk, and not to the shops for binge foods and disposable vapes. I really had to listen to all the little and loud voices running through my mind. I know a few disposables and some crisps and sweets would be far better than alcohol or cocaine, but I don’t want them either, I hate this feeling of needing something to take the edge off. So I reminded myself that a walk, a meditation, and then, coming here is, something and without a second thought, that’s exactly what I’ve done. I can’t say the urges have gone, and I won’t know I’m safe until both shops close at 10pm, so 3.5 hours from now, but I’m proud of myself, for now, anyway!

:blue_heart:

23 Likes

I’m re watching penny dreadful, think I was in active drinking at the time I seen it, just started session 1, ep.1 now.
Iv never seen game of thrones.
Hope your doing okay :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s a good watch still in a lot of pain waiting for pain clinic still

Still watching on the dietitian

But at least still sober this time thanks for asking

4 Likes

How did you go?

Im so over the feeling of always needing something. Give up one thing and find something else. Its weird and i wonder if others feel the same and if it ever goes away.
What does ‘normal’ feel like?

6 Likes

I’m on day 5 sober and it has been the hardest one. Terrible headache and foggy head… my body hurts. But it’s good I think, I don’t want to feel this never again and it motivates me.

18 Likes

Day 1550

so much has happened since I was an active user in this forum that it would be an immense undertaking to share it all. The most obvious headline here is that I am indeed, still clean and sober and that is a marvelous thing to be able to say.
2022 was one hell of a year. Not in a bad way, not in a good way, just in the way that it had a lot of moving parts and I have felt like I was in constant transition. I still feel that way actually.
in the coming months, I will find a new place to live and begin really building my life again only this time I’ll be building a life centered on my sobriety and health and my well-being. I’m not sure what that’s gonna look like or where I will be, but I have a pretty clear vision of how I will be and I find more often than not that That’s the important part.

31 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on 5 days sober! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Words can not describe how proud I am of u!! I definitly can sense how hard that was not to give in. But ur doing it!! Keep at it thru out the day and ull go to bed feeling soo good! I am also very excited for your milestones tmrw. Ur post totally put a smile on my face :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wow! You fought a good fight! I’m proud of you! Yay!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your 5 days!

Puhutko suomee, Tuomas? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Congrats on 5 days. One moment, one day, one foggy head at a time :blush:

6 Likes

Checking in
Day 347 substance free
Today has been a good day overall. I did a really good grocery shop and had to rush home for 11 bcuz the wifi guy was coming right away. Took care of that, ate a small lunch and then went and did some cardio. After my workout i did dishes and then did some supper prep. Going to be attempted to cook tonight lol i grew up not knowing how to cook honestly. Alot of things i could make were from a box, a can, or from the freezer section so this is me stepping outside of my comfort zone. Im nervous lol I wanted to make a stir fry on rice. So i bought some flank steak and am marinating it now. I made a sauce and just have to prep the veg. Hubby will help me cook it bcuz i tend to overcook meats. Today i also ordered a Self love workbook for myself off of amazon which looked really good.

And i got myself a protein powder so that i can increase my protein intake, stay fuller longer, and have it for an afternoon snack when i usually want to binge. Im trying it now and its actually quite good!

My mom is also sending me the DBT modules (blank copies) from her class. Which i really appreciate bcuz i did the same class about a decade ago and need a refresher. So its nice of them to give her another set of modules for me :slight_smile:
Anyway, im happy with where i am in my recovery right now. I havent had many cravings. Just fleeting thoughts here n there. I keeo thinking about my 1 year clean date and how absolutely grateful i am to not be a slave to drugs anymore. Feeling very blessed for this freedom!
:butterfly:

19 Likes

Day one after a relapse. Had 100 days. My addiction tricked me, saying you have control. Going to meeting tomorow, step work, my running is my safe place, I fucked up, I feel terrible, but I can rise again.

25 Likes

Yes you can! Glad you’re back.

3 Likes

day 33 and I’m feeling really grateful for each of those days :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,643 Sober.

Thanks

21 Likes

Checking in day 144! Got to the gym, had therapy, had a meeting, and now at work. So far it’s been busy but hoping the rest of the day calms down. Lots of energy today though!

19 Likes

Hi everyone, just starting out again here. Today’s gonna be my second day sober. I didn’t expect much but all I know is not relapsing is better than whatever’s in my mind that is enticing me to relapse. Wish me luck!

15 Likes