Checking in. Day 111.

@MrCade , very nice to hear from you.

19 Likes

Very nice to be heard again :joy:
How do you feel today?

3 Likes

Day 14, two weeks. Woot, I am tired

20 Likes

Day 16, staying vigilant and going to start writing a diary of day to day things, thoughts etc

18 Likes

18 days without a drink.

It’s all going ok but weekends are tricky. Will need to stay focused.

Hope everyone is well.

20 Likes

9 Likes

Day 559 Nicotine and Alcohol Free
Climbed higher on the spiritual mountain but only due to HP giving an helping hand.

I really don’t want to forget this day , it was moving. To slip down again would be unthinkable!!

Ty Ajahn Summedo for your talk ," Traps we bind ourselves into, "it never gets tired!!

To the fellowship of friends in my life near and far(TS) Ty for all your efforts for me and the newcomers who still suffer. I feel love, love, love and look back and see that HP was always with me I just didn’t Self realise, non seperation.

I will be a suitable old timer and not just grow old but give back to the community and our new comers.

Ps my partner gave years of her life to make this happen ~ I’m indebted and Ty @Mno for leading me to this site!!
:heart::heart::heart::heart::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::heart::heart::heart::heart:

15 Likes

And tomorrow is another one day at a time. Thoughts have been creeping in my mind that i can have a drink again. Fuck those thoughts!

21 Likes

Day 21

So yesterday was the first day at work after long break. Flu seems like over but still not 100%. Have some sore throat and cough like crazy time to time. Today is Friday, having 20 days in my pocket. Really enjoying the spare free time you get by not picking the beer. It just flushes time, money, energy, everything - life!

19 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

Had a good meeting with a therapist but decided working with my individual therapist -who I click well with- and group therapy is enough for now. Need some time in my mind and body for other stuff too. Today is therapy day btw.

@Scorpn It’s a precarious balance. Don’t retract in your shell please. Keep working your stuff and share what’s right and proper and fitting. Hugs.
@MrCade Always great to see you drop in Sir. Glad your life is going well.
@CATMANCAM I think you got some pretty big milestones to celebrate today! Great for finding somethings that work and are not unhealthy! Hugs.
@onthewagon31 Big congrats on 9 months Nate! Keep working and keep going. Those thoughts will keep getting weaker if you don’t feed them. ODAAT and all that.
@Nowenbrace Makes me happy to be on this road with you Owen. We’re in this together. x
@zzz Congrats man. It’s good to see you living your life.

24 Likes

Good to hear from you, on you way to create a better life as we al do one way ore another.
:heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

#Day 1592 :walking_woman:
Had dinner with my family yesterday, it was fun and a good distraction. I love to see my children becoming adults more and more.
Hope we will keep close to eachother untill I die.
It’s a wish and I will do all I can to make it happen but als know from my own experience it can go different than you think.
My father and I haven’t seen eachother for 15 years ore so. Never in my mind could I have predict this. And yes I tried to fix it multiple times but the magic didn’t happen.
Next week is my birthday. I will reach the same age as my mom did when she discovered she had breastcancer. She lived 5 years after that.
My grandmom (her mother) also died young with cancer. So my wish is to become old :pray:
Sorry for my sad mind right now. But it’s good to vent.

Thank you for listening :pray:
Have a good day TS people :raising_hand_woman:

23 Likes

Joo puhun. :blush: en ois uskonu tÜrmääväni suomalaiseen täällä.

1 Like

303 days :heartpulse:
Still in a funk. But I made it through the work week. And I’ve got a nice wholesome day planned tomorrow for my birthday celebrations. Beach, good food, my hubby, kids and my best friend. So I’m looking forward to that.
Also, we put an application in to foster two small dogs. It’s been 6 months since we lost Pedro, and we’ve seen two little dogs that need fostering. We may adopt them, but will see if we are a good fit for each other. So that’s exciting. We miss having a pup, so it will be lovely to have them!
Their names are Snowflake and Milo :dog: :dog2:

20 Likes

Checking in day 42. Working all day but off tomorrow and got some painting and other house projects I need to get going.
@CATMANCAM congratulations on your two huge huge milestones :muscle:
@onthewagon31 congrats on 9 months
And belated congrats to @Alycia on 300 days
And anybody else I missed. Have a great day guys✌️

14 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,644 Sober.

1 month out of TS Jail! But still not sure how long probations last before Regular status is regained…I have been married for a long time though so prison a very familiar concept to me. :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Thanks

20 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 957. I hope everybody has a good one!

23 Likes

Day 20. This is definitely the longest I’ve been sober in the past 5 or so years. The IOP definitely helps keep me accountable. I just need to talk to them about my meds today. The new antidepressant they have me on leaves me so exhausted all the time I can barely function. So in a way it’s making things worse. I’m glad it’s almost the weekend so I can rest more. The program is definitely a lot to process.

30 Likes

I’m not drinking today, and probably not drinking tomorrow. Join me for another day of sobriety? I’m sure @Dazercat will be joining us as well. You are not alone.

Those antidepressants can take a bit to adjust to, it’s why the psychiatrist wants to see you a lot in the beginning. Just know that it’s totally normal. Can they help you with your headaches?

Positives:

*You’ve hit the pillow sober 20 evenings in a row

*Your IOP group is a source of support and you’re enjoying that

*You have a job that is supportive and allows you the flexibility to take care of you and protect your sobriety

*You’ve got a wonderful TS community that is rooting for you each and every day

*The IOP group should be able to help you with a long-term plan to support your ongoing sobriety

18 Likes

Just checking in saying hi. Having a good morning, feel strong, excited. Going to be taking recovery coach classes In March. Then going for phlebotomy classes as well. April I’ll be registering for school to get my case act and hopefully become a counselor. I have alot of work to do, and just taking one small thing at a time. Much love

26 Likes