Checking in daily to maintain focus #51

I looked at it more close up and I see that it is just rocks and paint and such. I am still glad you salted it. Glad it isn’t giving off a harsh vibe. :sparkles: I still like the idea of smudging and some stones. We all can use a little refresh every now and again. :purple_heart:

*Apologies for derailing the check in. I may move all of this.

6 Likes

Yes I understand :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey checking in

19 Likes

Checking in day 201 AF :waxing_crescent_moon: Hope everyone enjoys the hangover free weekend :heart:

21 Likes

I just saw this post and want to say sometimes when I feel like drinking the most is on my period downwards mood swing. It feels like a huge emotional rollercoaster that I want a drink on and this one area I am focusing on sticking to recovery the most

6 Likes

Nice catch on that number!

3 Likes

Holy DOUBLE Milestone!!! Congratulations!! This is amazing! You are amazing!!

Also, I’m sorry that people think harassing another person is acceptable. :pensive::pensive: I’d love to be the big scary “mama bear” (even though I’m non binary) and tell them how awful their behavior is! I have lots of experience doing this, since I work for a company largely staffed by LGBTQIA+ Individuals.
Sending you lots of :heart: :rainbow_flag: :transgender_flag:

8 Likes

@SadMemeQueen hello! How are you? Used to seeing your updates and haven’t seen any. Hope you’re doing ok and are physically and mentally well. Big hugs.

7 Likes

Yesterday had a Big urge to go and buy myself a few beers after a bad day, i soon realaized it was friday and my brain was trying to protect me from my depressed mood urging me to drink to forget my bad day.

But i resisted those feelings reminding myself the imposible goal i had setup for myself which i have to work towards it and achieve it , and if i drink today it will be the end of that goal and those drinking urges just faded out.
360_F_374106930_77rDqUJo9zBfcsdx1K3H2mkjCHGa5xl3

14 Likes

Big huge Congratulations on your 900 days AF and a year off cocaine Cam.

I’m sorry you got to deal with fucken assholes like that. I cannot imagine how you feel. Fuck them!! Sorry. Not sorry.

I don’t check in to often. But you are an awesome piece of work my friend. Good luck with your assessments and groups. It’s great to have you back. You continue to lift up so many here.
Thanks for being you.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

12 Likes

Day 15, it was an iffy one but a good one so far

18 Likes

Day 17 and i shall be working my way up to a harder workout, what could go wrong hehe

16 Likes

A bit late but congratulations with your 2 milestones @CATMANCAM :tada::tada:
I’m sorry you have to encounter those 2 jerks :pensive:
It reminds me of a meme I printed out and is hanging on my fridge:

Translation:
“Some people are like clouds, when there gone it’s a beautiful day”

So push them out of your system, there not worth thinking of. You are as good as you are.
:heavy_heart_exclamation:

13 Likes

#Day 1592 :walking_woman:
Quick check in, not much to share.
Today? Work.

Bought a little ash pendant. Going to wear it with some of the ashes of my cat Buts. It may sound stupid, but going to do it anyway.
I think things like that help me mourn.
Already wearing it, but empty. He is going to be cremated next monday and we will receive his ashes wednesday.
Keep on trucking TS friends, I will too :facepunch:

28 Likes

Early start for me today, 19 days booze free.

Quiet Saturday, not much planned.

Hope it’s restful for you all. x

19 Likes

I’m doing alright been super busy with work but I plan to start updating everyday again just need to force myself back into the habit. thanks for checking in :heart:

9 Likes

Congratulations! That’s some awesome numbers. Keep on going :sunflower::innocent::sunny::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Day 22

Pretty unpleasant morning. I was hoping to recover after that hard hitting flu, but it seems every morning I cough like crazy and have weak pre-flu symtoms. Usually after I,m done with my coughing and coffee I start to feel better, but this morning I still feeling quite weak.

So I was hoping to go to gym today - to get back on track, but It seems I will stay at home today :frowning:
Well actually I still not done with my coffee yet, maybe I will feel better later :coffee:

Still listening to the body is key :old_key: and I think I need to skip workout for now.
I think I will play some tanks…

Wow, what a colab, they totally nailed it :joy:

17 Likes

Checking in day 560 nicotine and AF

Struggled with uncertainty and reading between the lines what my boss said to me.

I said I wouldn’t slide back down the mountain but it’s happened already with this confusion and catastophising. Checked in with my Hunny and she set me straight and now after a short mediation and catch up on these threads I’m back on track :innocent:. Really like to remember God is good,. A force for good and Love is God!!

So grateful I didn’t consume and make things worse, I’m still on the Path with you all looking forward to enjoying this sober weekend with thanks :person_in_lotus_position::heart::sunny:

16 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

Had a good Friday, walked the better part of the distance between individual and group therapy, and at night I watched a documentary about brilliant photographer Harold Feinstein and his work. Who and which I didn’t know before. So four therapeutic activities in one day! This one of his pictures, taken when he was enlisted in the US Army in 1953. Today I’m back to work for some late shifts. Which is fine too. X

23 Likes