Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Hey just wondering if any can tell me what promotion to level two means :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You are sober for nearly half a year, what a super achievement :muscle:t3:!
And I know what you are talking about regarding the review, my one was scheduled for Friday and I was really nervous, although I knew I do a pretty decent job. Good luck with your one :ok_hand:t3:!

3 Likes

Day 43.

I feel exhausted, yet have a loads of shit to do if I wanna send my invoices in the 1st (This is probably the most adulty sentence I ever typed up.) My carpal tunnel is acting up too, so fun times all around. On the bright side, this morning I did a really cool meditation on self-compassion, and I’ve stopped drinking 6 whole weeks ago. That’s… something.

19 Likes

I think that means you have been quite active for a while and now get some extra privileges a newbie would not have (like commenting more than X times within a certain time) for your efforts.

5 Likes

I am also on day 62 (so this is also my check-in for today) and yes, that little voice sometimes also gets back into my ear, but we are stronger than it and can be so proud of what we already achieved!
Have a splendid and sober Sunday :+1:t3:, y’all!

10 Likes

FYI:

4 Likes

Checking in sober :relaxed: going to do my best to not procrastinate and tackle my to do list, have a happy day!

14 Likes

That’s some something somethin’ for sure! Way to support yourself. Mindful Self-Compassion is a great thing to work on in early recovery. There is even a workbook you can order with that exact title.

Love your profile pic. Did you like the movie?

4 Likes

Oooh! I’m gonna look into getting that workbook. I need all help I can get right now. So far, I’ve been using guided meditations from the Smiling Mind app. They’re brilliant and completely free, but expanding on is part of the plan.

And thanks! M3GAN is brilliant, I’m obsessed haha

5 Likes

Checking in day 175! Had brunch and hung out with coworkers yesterday. They drank at brunch and then all day- nice to be able to hang without desire to partake (it actually puts me off). I was able to drink home and relax for the night, instead of the old me who wouldn’t have stopped til I passed out.

I’m off work today. Have a couple little things to do- getting some furniture delivered and then running some errands. Wanting to take time to relax as well.

Hope you all have a super sober Sunday!

15 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 378
Morning TS fam! Hope everyone is having a good day so far. Currently on my way to work for another shift. Had a haaard time falling asleep last night. Late last night i found out an old friend of mine had passed away. She was in her 30s and it was very much a shock. We used to work out together, grab coffees after meetings, chat. She was a wonderful woman but never was quite the same after her baby boy passed away years ago.
I laid in bed for awhile trying to process this news. And its not like im trying to make it about me but i couldnt help but ask myself what i am doing to lengthen the time i have left. Since getting clean and sober i seem to have a fear of death now. I guess bcuz i love life today and can see what i have in my life today that i dont want to lose. But with yet another friend passing away, way too soon, i am almost reevaluating my daily choices. I definitly am creating the potential for a longer life by staying clean and sober. But my physical health needs working on. I was stuck wondering how to make an impact on this world while im here. How do i want to live my daily life? Being stressed out and miserable? No. By not telling others how i feel about them? No. Life gets busy but i need to get my priorities straight a bit. Life is just wayyy too short to waste it on being ungrateful or miserable or stressed etc.
Anyway, thanks for letting me get this out. Hope everyone has an addiction free day
:butterfly:

22 Likes

Day 51

What kind of person I am if after 5 days of going to work at 6:00 to drive a truck and then going back home at 18:00 - while on weekend playing Truck game :sweat_smile: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

20 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

It is the best thing you can do. For her and yourself. Start directly there where you still very sad, but can find find relief in a new beginning.:+1:t2:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Day 279 Went to a concert last night and had a great time. Best part is I remember it all! :heart:

19 Likes

Day 52 today no alcohol! Today I feel tired but that’s because I am fully focused on all the things I’m working on in my life. Faith, family, work, school, baseball coaching. I have a full plate and I’m not taking it for granted. It’s truly a blessing to have so many people rely on you and love you and that’s more than enough to keep me on team sober one day at a time :heart:

13 Likes

Unfortunally no click on my side. It’s a very shy cat :sweat: Not a cat who want to get cuddled.
I’ve worked in an animal shelter years ago. On their website I saw only very young cat’s so I message someone I know from the insite and hope she can find me a perfect fit :blush:
Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Checking in. Helped clean stuff in my moms house. Found lots of old stuff of mine, and also stuff from my father, pictures and stuff. I dont know if maybe it triggered something in me, but I feel completly wierd in my body now. Kinda like anxiety, or maybe not, feels like something wrong with my body but maybe its just my health anxiety, or maybe something wrong is going on.

Found this old magazine from my father

14 Likes

Also :crossed_fingers: from my side!

3 Likes

It’s time for a shout out: who wants to join for some daily movement. Everyone is welcome.

7 Likes